As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Harmonix] New Rock Band peripherals are coming!

• ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    of note, only a single person per console can join an online quickplay session
    ... really?

Fuck.

Well, that pretty much removes all the interest I had in online quickplay. I was hoping to play online with my wife and two friends in the UK, but like this we can't - it'll be only one of us playing with only one of them. I very much hope that this is only a temporary limitation, but it seems like the kind of limitation that wouldn't be there by design but because of technical limitations, so I'm not altogether confident.

Thirith on
    webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    What? Did I misread it? It says right there:
    Please note that one instrument per console can be playing online at a time. Harmonies count as a single instrument, so vocalist duos and trios are welcome to join a band as a group!

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Please note that one instrument per console can be playing online at a time. Harmonies count as a single instrument, so vocalist duos and trios are welcome to join a band as a group!

One guitar or one bass or one drums or one to three vocals. But no combination.

Oh oh...oh. Hmmm.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    http://blog.ubi.com/en-GB/richard-blenkinsop-heads-reflections-new-leamington-studio/

Ubisoft bought Freestyle games. Guitar Hero IP not sold and remains with Activision.

• CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular

One guitar or one bass or one drums or one to three vocals. But no combination.

I am dying to know what the reason for this is.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Poor programming?

Probably the same reason you can't share the same profile when playing Rivals locally.

• PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Other option was probably "Each profile has to have their own Xbox Gold/PS Plus subscription"... but while inconvenient that might have looked better.

• ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Perrsun wrote: »
    Other option was probably "Each profile has to have their own Xbox Gold/PS Plus subscription"... but while inconvenient that might have looked better.
    Doesn't make much sense when you can coop Diablo 3 on PS4 with two people playing on one console and two more on another. Frankly, I'm leaning more towards Santa's explanation.

Thirith on
    webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
    Well...the thing is Diablo doesn't have any leaderboards and hoo boy the hacking. Maybe something to do with how the leaderboards handle the guest accounts?

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Alrighty, gave us a good start on the Spotlight songs. Full combo'd Brown Eyed Girl and More Than a Feeling and had a -2 run on Jane for the guitar scores.

Going to have fun this weekend. Lots of Bowie, Deep Purple, Yes, Chicago. Hendrix, Rush, and Who to plow through.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Oh, sure. From the sounds of it, a theme filled with songs I'd enjoy playing for the week I'm on vacation and out of state.

Bleargh. Going to have to enjoy the beach that much more tomorrow to make up for this outrage :P

Today and tomorrow Best Buy has Guitar Hero Live for $20 ($16 if you have GCU).

If it had been that price over the summer I would have gone for it... but even at that price I just kinda go "meh, I have a backlog already".

I don't know... it might be worth a try.

• Lost CanuckLost Canuck World's Greatest Escape Artist Doctor Vundabar's Murder MachineRegistered User regular
    Hello Rock Band thread, I'm having a problem with my Stratocaster PS4 guitar. When I turn it on, it inputs commands for about 5 seconds and then freezes, still turned on but non-functional. Has anyone encountered this before? Google has failed me.

QYW8SHm.jpg
    Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-4012-4821-3053
    Replace the batteries with new ones?

Unpaired and repaired with PS4? No cellphones, routers, etc right next to the PS4?

• Lost CanuckLost Canuck World's Greatest Escape Artist Doctor Vundabar's Murder MachineRegistered User regular
    I've replaced the batteries and unpaired/repaired and have a clear line to the PS4. I didn't know about the firmware update, I will look into that, thanks.

QYW8SHm.jpg
    Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-4012-4821-3053
  • Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    All-Arcadian Rejects (new crew on X-Box One) is officially at silver ranking. Plenty of room left in case anyone is interested in joining. Bummer about one person online at a time for multiplayer, I guess I'll only be able to do that while my wife is at work or something.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • solidsnake69solidsnake69 Registered User regular
    All-Arcadian Rejects (new crew on X-Box One) is officially at silver ranking. Plenty of room left in case anyone is interested in joining. Bummer about one person online at a time for multiplayer, I guess I'll only be able to do that while my wife is at work or something.

I put a request in to join. My tag is singingpie94

• CellorifficCelloriffic Registered User regular
    Move Minor Standard is on tour tonight. I know I saw at least 3 crewmates playing this evening.

I've put up a respectable (?) 7000 XP for the night. Thought it would be a good idea to end with a simple 3 song set:

Heard it Through the Grapevine
    Paradise by the Dashboard Light
    American Pie

My fingers now know regret...

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Move Minor Standard is on tour tonight. I know I saw at least 3 crewmates playing this evening.

I've put up a respectable (?) 7000 XP for the night. Thought it would be a good idea to end with a simple 3 song set:

Heard it Through the Grapevine
    Paradise by the Dashboard Light
    American Pie

so a half hour later you finished your simple three song set and
    My fingers now know regret...

yeah, that

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Wooo. Time to let out my inner monster.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    I am the proud (not really) owner of Gaga Pack 1. Might as well sing it I guess.

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    I am the proud (not really) owner of Gaga Pack 1. Might as well sing it I guess.

Do what I do, sing it as Eric Cartman.

And I really want to know the XP algorithm they use because I GS something like Tangled Up in Blue and get around 380XP, then I just barely 5* Child In Time and get 800XP.

BlackDragon480 on
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    And on tap tonight, a run of every instrument on 2112 to finish the week :D

~ Buckaroo Banzai
    edited January 2017

And I really want to know the XP algorithm they use because I GS something like Tangled Up in Blue and get around 380XP, then I just barely 5* Child In Time and get 800XP.

Here you go:
    http://www.harmonixmusic.com/blog/hello-is-it-xp-youre-looking-for/

Song length, difficulty chosen, instrument difficulty, and full combo all factor in.

Perrsun on
  • quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Perrsun wrote: »

Here you go:
    http://www.harmonixmusic.com/blog/hello-is-it-xp-youre-looking-for/

Song length, difficulty chosen, instrument difficulty, and full combo all factor in.

Yeah, from what I remember, you get the same XP/minute you play now so that you can't spam short songs to game XP

800 xp? You sure that wasn't the first time you played that song? Sounds like you got that 1st time bonus.

800 xp? You sure that wasn't the first time you played that song? Sounds like you got that 1st time bonus.

Yeah that's with the bonus (400 base, 400 bonus) but it just baffled me that barely 5 starring a song that's not much longer than the other got nearly the exact same base score.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Child in Time is like 10 minutes long. It's significantly longer than Tangled Up in Blue so the total XP can definitely overtake it

For some reason Tangled Up in Blue feels a shitload longer than 6 minutes. Sooooo many 3 button chords.

Only had time to GS 2112 on guitar, didn't get around to bass or drums. Still got 1773 XP for it though (893 in base XP, 880 bonus).

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Been listening to Dance for the Dying and The Cold Goodnight on my ipod

Dear Harmonix please get this shit added back in I don't wanna fire up my PS3

Tried online earlier, was streaming it but couldn't post on the forums? Anyway, it works. Also it preserves people's breakneck speed, so if someone is rocking that 2.0 speed try not to look at their side of the screen lol

• Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular

I put a request in to join. My tag is singingpie94

Alright, getting on tonight (after a 6.1 gig update), I'll add you in. I keep forgetting to check the admin notifications, because it doesn't notify you on the main screen that there are any new notifications.

Which... ?

SrUxdlb.jpg
    I suddenly remembered out of the blue today that Rock Band needs Banditos by The Refreshments, like super badly. Off to the request site..

Somebody made a custom for that for GH2 back in the day.

https://youtu.be/Jdq3-X2kVeA
    It'll never get in. Too insignificant...

That looks fun and now I'm sad.

I'm helping!