As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EVE Online] Multiplayer Treachery Engine - Citadel Patch (April 2016)

• NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    I am allllllllll about this

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    its a great way to distract yourself from your actual job when you cannot be playing eve. also when you are playing eve. sometimes I put it on my phone so I can shit up jabber in the bathroom/outside etc.

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    its a great way to distract yourself from your actual job when you cannot be playing eve. also when you are playing eve. sometimes I put it on my phone so I can shit up jabber in the bathroom/outside etc.

True story I once jabber'd from 30k feet in an airplane.

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
    Well, this will be the first thing I do once I get accepted in-game (assuming the details of it become available at that point). Thanks for the tip, guys

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    My greatest disappointment is that my new job has blocked the browser client on their computers, which makes it that much more difficult to share poop stories and read about Kachiko blowing up freighters.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • NoxyNoxy Registered User regular
    Any way to check a ship's history to see who you acquired it from?

Fonjo wrote: »

Not that I know of, although I believe there is a way to check your market history to see who it was purchased/contracted from.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

Brody wrote: »
    Fonjo wrote: »

Not that I know of, although I believe there is a way to check your market history to see who it was purchased/contracted from.

No luck. It was given to me in 2011 by someone in Merch. That's all I remember.

• V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Sadly, items in EVE are almost completely fungible.

Ah well, maybe someday I'll figure it out.

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    V1m wrote: »

I just learned a new word!

JtgVX0H.png
    Darmak wrote: »

If you play eve, it is quite possibly the only word.

--Mark Twain
    Durinia wrote: »

I think you're forgetting 'welp'

:condi: was my favorite

JtgVX0H.png

I think 'welp' is precisely the reason you need to learn 'fungible', actually...

--Mark Twain
    Well, ships aren't 100% fungible any more since the advent of killmarks

Hey guys, I've had some personal/real life stuff come up that severely limits the amount of time I was hoping to invest in EvE. I want to thank everyone for being super chill and super helpful while I was getting into it, and hope to be back sometime soon. I returned all of the ISK that you guys were so kind enough to bestow on me. Hopefully I can come back and beg for help again

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    That's cool! Do what you need to do, but feel free to hand out in jabber even if you are unsubbed!

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    Baidol wrote: »
    That's cool! Do what you need to do, but feel free to hand out in jabber even if you are unsubbed!

Hang out in jabber especially if you're unsubbed. Let those guys know what life is like on the outside.

I said, not even having jabber installed

JtgVX0H.png
    Baidol wrote: »

Hang out in jabber especially if you're unsubbed. Let those guys know what life is like on the outside.

I said, not even having jabber installed

I barely even actually use Jabber, just leave it open so people think I'm there and get confused when I don't respond.

and then you yell at me for not playing soccer cars with you :colbert:

• mccartmccart Registered User regular
    I've been doing some exploration on an alpha account, and the I found a ghost site in a wormhole. I failed the hack and the can blew up killing me. I'm curious to know if the cans in those sites blow up if you close the hacking window? I figure closing the window probably counts as failing the hack?

I know about the hostile NPCs showing up after a short time and blowing up all the cans (I died to this in a highsec ghost site).

I would assume so, but have no experience with ghost sites myself.

• The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    I believe they also explode on a timer

It is a timer, the moment you land in the site there is a random time, so hanging around is usually bad news. I lost an anathema in one because i tried to clear all the cans, next time i find one I will be getting 2 cans and getting out.

• Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    I've got an old gaming buddy who, I'm pretty sure, still might play Eve and be in Merchi.

Any chance I could get a message passed along?

Depending on the message, sure. Send me a PM.

http://imgur.com/5LxpG4V

Another item crossed off the to-do list.

• Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    I just resubbed and bought my main back from @thanatos how's merchi doing?

We're currently sucking down incredible amounts of rocks in Delve.

• Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    Sounds entertaining, I'll be submitting an app when I get around to it.

Excellent! If you've been out for a while, I strongly encourage you to follow the recommendations in the recruitment thread. Even if you are using an old character, you may find it helpful to create a fresh character to go through the New Player Experience to refresh your memory. Regardless, post in that thread with your character name, send the application in-game, and we'll push button.

Average saturday afternoon in SyndicontentRing: http://evf-eve.com/services/brcat/?s...e=335&t=quauaq

BRs seem to mess up something chronic these days, but AFAIK, it was INIT/IM/SNuff/PM/Chaos Theory/OoS vs everyone else. Basically about 500 v 1200, more or less even losses. gf gf gf

And, really, only even because of the dead titan.

Yeah p much. Also I was confusing Chaos Theory with someone else, they were hostile. Dark Shines (aka Honeymonstar) has been putting that avatar into fights since 2013, not infrequently as the only titan on field. Given the number and potency of the enemies that we've cultivated, it's amazing that he beat the odds for so long - apparently he was only ~1200m from the edge of the bubble when he went down, so he damb near beat them again.

Also Pandemic Horde have apparently decided to look for easier fights for a while....

There were good times had during Burn Jita this weekend. I think this kill is my favorite.

It is difficult to kill competent jump freighters in hisec. A good pilot has fuel in their ship and an emergency exit cyno that they use the moment they get bumped. Of course, some jump freighter pilots are not good, as the 20 jump freighter kills we got this weekend can attest to. What makes this one special is how this particular jump freighter died. Note that I only got in on this at the very end. All of the prep work goes to other pilots.

As with most ganks, this begins with the target getting scanned. The value is particularly high and so effort is devoted to catching them. They get bumped and cyno out. Oh well, it happens.

One of our bumpers, given the value of the jump freighter, runs a locator on them and finds they jumped back to the lowsec system they started out. Eyes are kept out in case the pilot decides to make a second run of it. They do. Trying a back way to Jita, they get found, bumped, and cyno out again. Another locator agent and the pilot is found back in the starting lowsec system.

Someone else might think that two attempts is plenty and maybe they don't need to be in Jita today. Not this pilot. They make a third run. The thing is, they did not refuel. Their fuel stockpile dwindled to the point where they no longer had enough to cyno out. They get bumped, and this time they die.

The Graduates [TGRAD] celebrated their 10th birthday with us in INIT. I swear to God, does any other game have such wonderful, emotive player produced content as EVE?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGITkSc2sPj3JBnzRJu4rew

So. Querious seems nice. Given INIT's usual luck when we start investing on sov space, I highly advise you to start stocking up on doctrine ships.

On the plus side, you're free to entire the anime wars whenever you see fit.

• Pooki BearPooki Bear Registered User regular
    I'm coming home