As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

For Blood! For Glory! [For Honor]!

• OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    Oh my god you guys.

I'm so bad at this game.

But it's quite good.

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Oh my god you guys.

I'm so bad at this game.

But it's quite good.

Do some duels! It made me a lot better.

• bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    Sorry I never accepted, kinda forgot about reality and my back got messed up, so I can't sit in chairs well for very long.

akirasig.jpg
  • Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    This definitely looks like my kind of game. Now to patiently wait for it to open up for more people

I'm on the PS4

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    who here is playing on PC? We should add eachother as friends, and do some duels

Like I said before I'm Suedomsa_Drol

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
    I am playing on PC, username is same as here.

• AumniAumni Registered User regular
    This looks super awesome. Signed up for the beta. Hopefully I can get in soon. Really wanna get into some intense melee combat.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • RichardRichard Registered User regular
    Louie wrote: »
    Richard wrote: »
    Louie wrote: »
    Deans wrote: »
    Been watching some streams, and this looks like just the blend of Dark Souls and fighting games that I've been looking for. Why do we have to wait until next year!

I sent you a uplay invite. The other people who asked haven't accepted my friend requests and I don't want the codes to go to waste

If you have any (ps4) invites left I would happily try it out. Rille81 on uplay.

Sent an invite. Other people not accepting and I don't want invites to go to waste.

We are now uplay friends so the alpha invite should arrive now

Had a few friends over yesterday and we played it all day. We were horribly bad at it but everyone was really impressed with the game.

The weight of the combat is great and the executions feel so good.

Thanks for the invite!

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    This game is weird

I expected it to be bigger maps, more AI, and three teams all in a free-for-all

But instead it's 4v4, mixed cultures, small maps, and kind of a domination/MOBA gametype

It's cool, don't get me wrong

But it is very different than what I thought it was

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Man I'm so sad the alpha is ending today, was just getting into the Berserker. I hope the Beta is soon. And I get into it.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • DeansDeans Registered User regular
    I've mostly been playing Conqueror, feels good swatting my opponent's pathetic attacks away and then bullying them to death when they get frustrated. I am the rocks of the eternal shore, crash against me and be broken.

I feel like people playing the game with a standard controller grip will be at a significant disadvantage against people with a claw grip or remapped elite controller on PC. Making your opponent switch their thumb between the right stick and face buttons is a big part of the mix-up game, someone who doesn't have to switch their thumb around will be a lot harder to open up.

I've mostly been playing Conqueror, feels good swatting my opponent's pathetic attacks away and then bullying them to death when they get frustrated. I am the rocks of the eternal shore, crash against me and be broken.

I feel like people playing the game with a standard controller grip will be at a significant disadvantage against people with a claw grip or remapped elite controller on PC. Making your opponent switch their thumb between the right stick and face buttons is a big part of the mix-up game, someone who doesn't have to switch their thumb around will be a lot harder to open up.

I don't know if it will make that much of an impact, none of the face button actions require holding a direction, and I feel like the game is rather generous in the time it gives you to respond to an attack. You can easily take your thumb off in time to counter melee or dodge, and get your thumb back in time to block well before an attack comes your way.

When I got hit by stuff I felt like it was more to me making a bad decision that not being able to move my hand fast enough.

I enjoyed this a lot.

Before the alpha ended, I played three 1v1 matches. I won two of them handily! The third I got brutalized, I only won once. It was against the two handed viking dude. By the final two matches I had figured out how best to attack him as conqueror but it was tough.

Conqueror is my jam. Definitely my favorite of all six available classes. Orochi was fun, and almost OP with it's counters.

• KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
  • CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Man this game looks just like one I've had knocking about my brain for a while.

Is the beta demo playable, or has it gone back to closed production again?

Campy wrote: »
    Man this game looks just like one I've had knocking about my brain for a while.

Is the beta demo playable, or has it gone back to closed production again?

Alpha closed, beta to be opened at a later point. Make sure to register on their site for a chance to enter.

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I just filled out the Alpha survey so if the final game turns into a singleplayer game with a sprawling campaign, cooperative multiplayer as a bonus game mode and no competitive whatsoever, and the Berserker class is removed entirely, you can blame me.

Aistan wrote: »
    I just filled out the Alpha survey so if the final game turns into a singleplayer game with a sprawling campaign, cooperative multiplayer as a bonus game mode and no competitive whatsoever, and the Berserker class is removed entirely, you can blame me.

Wow same. I basically said they make co op more robust and replayable then that's how you make it day one for me. I want a Division or Destiny or Warframe but with this combat. Give me that co op finish.

But why the berserker? To me it was the orochi that was overpowered.

Hah, well I told them to make it more multiplayer focused and who cares about single player :D

The only thing I told them to nerf was shoves off of the environment. The risk is minimal and the reward is instant death, it just feels out of place.

• DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Hah, well I told them to make it more multiplayer focused and who cares about single player :D

The only thing I told them to nerf was shoves off of the environment. The risk is minimal and the reward is instant death, it just feels out of place.

I feel like the risk is choosing to engage your opponent near the edge in the first place. If you're in a position where you can easily get shoved off a ledge but you can't do the same to your opponent, you gotta work on your positioning skills.

edited September 2016

Wow same. I basically said they make co op more robust and replayable then that's how you make it day one for me. I want a Division or Destiny or Warframe but with this combat. Give me that co op finish.

But why the berserker? To me it was the orochi that was overpowered.

I don't like that the berserker's block direction indicator was invisible until the brief second between when they attack and when their attack hits. It removes the key piece of information that makes combat even remotely playable in that game, otherwise it's just swinging randomly. It's a big part of why I died in every single fight I had against that class.

I don't think I ever saw an Orochi.

Aistan on

I feel like the risk is choosing to engage your opponent near the edge in the first place. If you're in a position where you can easily get shoved off a ledge but you can't do the same to your opponent, you gotta work on your positioning skills.

Oh it was mostly me shoving people to their death. It just wasn't nearly as satisfying as a fight with the blade. Just far more efficient.

• NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    well, until they learn to dodge or not engage you near an instadeath hazard, I say keep at it.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN

Oh it was mostly me shoving people to their death. It just wasn't nearly as satisfying as a fight with the blade. Just far more efficient.

This is why I just want to play Marauder forever. Bull rush and toss people on those tiny bridges forever

• Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Did anyone else get into the beta this weekend? I am reserving my codes for real-life friends, but I may end up having one extra. I'd love to get some games in with PA, you guys and ladies are the main reason multiplayer is ever remotely fun for me.

edited January 2017
    Let me check my emails, I hope so. I'm on ps4 and would love to have some PA murderhobo action

EDIT: Awesome, I did get one! Thanks for bringing this up. I probably wouldnt've noticed until sunday sometime and been sad

Moridin889 on
    P.S. That means I have 3 I can give out to PS4 PA peoples if they needed them. Let me know

I haven't gotten an email, I'm PC. They're still sending them out so I'm still hopeful, but if I don't get one I'd be grateful to any PAers who could extend me a spare.

• FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Haven't gotten an email yet, I was in the closed alpha and such but I guess that doesn't mean much? Ubi account shows no code or anything tied to it. :(. Was on PS4.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Nothing yet, and the Ubi site is being schizo. Here's hoping.

• SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Got in ps4, curious to check it out

PSN SeGaTai
  • MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    Agh, didn't know there was a sign up, and the website isn't leting me sign in (guess it's getting hammered).

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    It doesn't start until Thursday morning, so it can't hurt to try signing up. And even if you were in the alpha, you may have to sign up again for the beta.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Curious to see if the [REDACTED] classes from the secret beta they ran back in December makes it in to this build. I'd assume so?

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    Finally managed to sign up for the pc beta. Here's hoping :biggrin:

Is time a gift or punishment?
    I got my invite, though I didn't end up playing at all the last time. When we get close i'll send the friend invites to anyone who still needs one.

I'm beginning to lose hope

• FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Check your Ubi account and make sure your email is verified. Mine showed up immediately once I realized I hadn't done that yet for some reason.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else

Sent.

Sent.

<3