As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I don't know what I'm doing [chat]

19495969798100»

• Options
    JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    Witness Me!
    Julius wrote: »
    i like pour-over coffee a lot

but the reason the trends circle round so much is that you can make a good cup with almost any method, sometimes with a different twist on the flavour, so any method that picks up momentum is totally valid

percolators are not very good generally but i'm sure someone will design a premium percolator that drips the water all over instead of the middle or whatever

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moka_pot

makes good coffee, but is technically not a percolator even though it's a similar process.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Welcome to the Real World
    Arch wrote: »
    hi im arch and i just applied for a job at a community college and im here to talk to you about lowering your standards
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3flv5nWZgII

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Cats are great
    every day i'm not playing Nioh is an affront to my dignity

@Elendil @Elldren

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Cats are great
    Coffee is okay, but tea is king.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Welcome to the Real World
    So It Goes wrote: »
    ah demotviators are wonderful

one of my favs

mistakesdemotivator.jpeg?v=1416776264

I need this framed on my wall.

So that i can put it in my trash and take a picture of it, representing the triumph of my will or some thing.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    ah demotviators are wonderful

one of my favs

mistakesdemotivator.jpeg?v=1416776264

consultingdemotivator.jpeg?v=1416776147

I'm sure the IT folks here can confirm

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Cats are great
    I mean, really, the Cat-servatives have spent many years gerrymandering the districts and winning smaller battles at the local level quietly, while putting forth traditionally Dog-positive racially and gender diverse candidates to win those seats. They took it right out of the Dog playbook.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Dogs? Maybe?
    Man D.Va feels so vulnerable now.

• Options
    porpporp Registered User regular
    Dogs? Maybe?
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    What's funny is I'm the furthest from a coffee snob. My all time favorite coffee is McDonalds or Foldgers classic roast. I don't like most starbucks because it's too bitter.

But I can NOT do instant coffee. Something about it just tastes off to me.

Starbucks is actually pretty bleh coffee. Overroasted and tends to taste burnt.

For chains I do Peet's. Pretty tasty for a chain. Also next to Trader Joe's so I get coffee then go pick up food and drive home. There are multiple other places better though. I remember one in Seattle I went to at PAX like in '10 that I just had an espresso shot and it was this amazing rich almost chocolatey flavor.

I detest Starbucks. I like Dunkin Donuts coffee almost exclusively.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Dogs? Maybe?
    Gooey wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    @Organichu , want some legit pretentious self-deluding white people bullshit?

this video for making pour over with the kalita wave

she's camping

but still brings her god damn scale and digital timer to make JUST THE PERFECT CUP TO START MY DAY

https://www.stumptowncoffee.com/brew-guides/kalita-wave

I think I'd mock the kettle for camping more than the scale. That stupid thing has a long thin curvy spout and has to be murder to pack safely.

TBF I've got this for my bug out bag as part of my main mess kit

https://www.rei.com/product/768513/gsi-outdoors-halulite-tea-kettle

iu551tyutnev.jpg

It fits inside a pot with a lid and a hanger perfectly, and inside the kettle is my cups and a penny alcohol stove, utensils, seasonings, scrubber, etc.

So all you see in my pack is a quart cook pot, and inside that is a bunch of other shit.

i just have a TI cup (with lid) and TI spork and a tiny isopro burner

i have a couple of alcohol tablet stoves that i've made out of heavy weight aluminum cans but i have found i don't mind the extra weight of carrying a fuel cannister around with me

the only problem with my setup is that i have to be careful with my cup as it doesn't have a long handle and it gets fuck off hot real quick

i think i'm going to find a small pot grabber clip thingy to keep with it

I got the 750ml Ti with lid and hanger and the smaller cup for christmas so those are nested together in my day pack.

For the grabber clip I usually just use two sticks but that's proven perilous before so.....

same

i have a floppy silicone bowl that i have used too as an improvised oven mitt but that means i can't have a drink and boil water at the same time which is a bummer

this one is $3 and looks like it would work fine. I'd probably just hang it off my pack somewhere.

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Cats are great
    i like pour-over coffee a lot

but the reason the trends circle round so much is that you can make a good cup with almost any method, sometimes with a different twist on the flavour, so any method that picks up momentum is totally valid

percolators are not very good generally but i'm sure someone will design a premium percolator that drips the water all over instead of the middle or whatever

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moka_pot

makes good coffee, but is technically not a percolator even though it's a similar process.

it's closer to a vaccum pot, but still its own thing

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Cats are great
    zepherin wrote: »
    hi im arch and i just applied for a job at a community college and im here to talk to you about lowering your standards
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3flv5nWZgII
    Man, video dating services. That was a Thing that existed. Along with phone matchmaker services.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Witness Me!
    every day i'm not playing Nioh is an affront to my dignity

Elendil Elldren
    i believe in your ability to stay strong for 2 weeks
    you'll get through this, somehow

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Dogs? Maybe?
    i like cats but i voted dogs in an attempt to woo @Gooey

iittss wwoorrkkiinngg

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was careening by at warp 3.4

@So It Goes will create the new thread
    @Aioua is backup

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Cats are great
    Let it be known that the cats have it.

This discussion has been closed.