As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

For Blood! For Glory! [For Honor]!

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    I heard that if you're sending people friend invites for the beta, you can't just send them the code, you specifically have to send an invite to their ubisoft account, so you'll need their ubisoft name.
    My ubisoft name is TyC89 if anyone has a spare. And I'm on PS4, if that matters.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    DeMoN wrote: »
    I heard that if you're sending people friend invites for the beta, you can't just send them the code, you specifically have to send an invite to their ubisoft account, so you'll need their ubisoft name.
    My ubisoft name is TyC89 if anyone has a spare. And I'm on PS4, if that matters.

This is correct, at least on PC. Mine is KristmasKthulhu for once it opens tomorrow. Don't need a code!

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I'm in on the PS4 and PC beta and have spare PS4 keys, so hit me up.

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Got my key and am chomping at the bit. Gonna flail so many people.

• Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    @Inquisitor I'd love a ps4 key :biggrin:

My ubisoft account is youfistexplode

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    Awesome! I'll fire it off your way when I get home from school.

• Options
    @Inquisitor I would also like a PS4 key if you have extra!

Ubi account is TyC89

*TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    I see how it is guys. You all want his codes instead of mine. But yeah if inquisitor doesn't get you, I'll send some after work

• Options
    Trust me, if you want to compete over who gets to send me a code I'm perfectly fine with that.

*TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    I have 3 PC invites available. PM me and I'll get one to ya.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    Uplay friend invites sent.

Man I can't wait to play this game again, I had such a blast last time.

• Options
    Friend invite accepted.

Yeah I can't wait to try it for the first time. For some reason I got really into watching gameplay footage of this last week and got really excited to try it. And then like a sign from above they start sending out beta codes.

*TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    Invites should be out @DeMoN and @MegaMek you have 48 hours to accept, apparently.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Sweet! It appears to have worked. Thanks a lot!

edit: Oh man, and it starts tomorrow morning? I thought it was just going to be on the weekend. Nice.

DeMoN on
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    What do I have to do to find the invite? I don't see anything on my account page.

MegaMek on
  • Options
    The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    I signed up for the PS4 Beta, no news as of yet.

If anyone has a spare key, my PSN is TheBrayster_92 and my Ubisoft is TheBrayster

If I somehow end up with extra keys I'll pass them around again.

Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Whoops, forgot we had to download an additional 2gb to be able to play (At least on PC). Will be jumping in soon.

• Options
    InsanityInsanity Registered User regular
    If there are any PC invites still kicking around I'd love one.

gBpkw.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Disregard :rotate:

MegaMek on
  • Options
    SonorkSonork CanadaRegistered User regular
    I'm on pc but haven't gotten an invite for beta yet. Got an invite way back for the alpha but couldn't play due to injury. >_< If anyone ends up with a spare I'd gladly accept it!

• Options
    edited January 2017
    I still have 3 PC invites. @ me here with your Uplay ID and I'll send em out.

Konphujun on
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Nevermind!

MegaMek on
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Let's group up!

Mr_Satsu on PC

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    InsanityInsanity Registered User regular
    @Konphujun Gufnork

gBpkw.jpg
  • Options
    Also, just a reminder, if you did sign up for the beta, check your email's spam folder. It very likely ended up in there.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    How long should it probably take for the 360 controller drivers to install themselves?

Edit: Nevermind, one of my USB ports is just fucked, fixed it.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    How long should it probably take for the 360 controller drivers to install themselves?

Assuming non-dialup internet, pretty much instantly.

• Options
    I'm on the PA discord server, temp url: https://discord.gg/Gprqm

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Winterflea on PC.

Edit: It is apparently doing some crap where maybe it didn't download the game correctly? Uplay... get your shit together man.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular
    If anyone has a PS4 key they can give me, I'll be very grateful and you can probably bash my head in over and over as an added bonus. thewheelz on uplay and PSN!

PSN: thewheelz
  • Options
    This game absolutely sucks if your NAT is restricted, so make sure you have all ports open for the game.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Would anyone happen to have a PC key available? Would love to check this out.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    I'll send you one.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Thanks dude :), just take care of it whenever the website stops crapping out.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    Just did the tutorial and got 3 games in before I have to go to work.

Game seems real fun so far, but I'm definitely not used to it yet. A lot more panicking and flailing around until I run out of stamina than I would like.

Honestly 4v4 might be too hectic of an environment to learn how to use a character. I might hop into 1v1 after work to get better practice.

*TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    The AI is really good, so I would definitely suggest playing against players at first.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    One on one duels against players is how I really begun to understand the mechanics of the game last beta.

My biggest tip to new players is don't be afraid to just block, and wait for a bit. I think blocking builds up your revenge gauge the quickest. But, either way, it helps you get the feel of your opponent. I usually play pretty defensive minded classes though, with a big emphasis on parries. Did a duel so far with the Warlord and really digging him. Unfortunately going to be out for most of the rest of the day, but hopefully I can beta it up a bunch tomorrow.

Edit: Oh, and be SURE to watch the basic and advanced tutorial video for the class you are playing. Every class has unique mechanics and combos that you should know. Like Warlords light attacks parry, and Warlods heavy attacks cause him to not flinch and attack through enemy attacks. And he has a unique combo in roll forward, heavy leap attack, shove, light attack. Watch someone's videos, and then do duels with them until you feel comfortable with their mechanics, and then try 4v4s with them, imo.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Oh yeah, the AI can be a real bitch. Like all AI it can be a bit thick at times, but the AI for every class understands at least the fundamentals of that class well, and has much better reaction times than most people, so they can actually be pretty challenging.

Is anyone interested in grouping up for a bit?

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    One on One duels or the Two on Two setup are the best way to really learn to fight and try out new things.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    They didn't address the "infinite running away" mechanic. Quicker characters can run away forever from slower ones.