As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Newfangled Previews thread, beware here be spoilers.

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So am I the only one thinking this Titans arc is turning out to be moderately bad?

Fencingsax on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Probably. I dunno.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    So am I the only one thinking this Titans arc is turning out to be moderately bad?

Nothing has happened that actually effects them, so far. I mean, they already did the "oh no we grow up to be evil" thing.

Garlic Bread on
  • Darth NatDarth Nat Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Storyline-wise, yeah, it's kinda just TITANS OF TOMORROW PT. 2: THIS TIME IT'S PERSONAL or something. But I have really enjoyed most of the character interaction (at least scenes that don't involve Tim or Cassie), so I don't think it's a total loss.

And I sorta like that they're throwing in crazy future versions of tons of young characters.

Darth Nat on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Hey guys, apparently Doc Frankenstein is still going! :roll:
    http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=137609

I kid, but god damn it's a long time between issues with this series.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    What, no "it's alive!" jokes?

Crimsondude on
    edited November 2007
    What, no "it's alive!" jokes?

I dunno, that seems simple and a bit crass, don't you think?
    Actually, I just didn't think of it first. :oops:

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
    edited November 2007
    Consider who you're asking.

Crimsondude on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So the preview of the last issue of WWH: Frontline seems to indicate it won't be as bad as the last issue of CW: Frontline.

Fencingsax on
  • hughtronhughtron __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Oh my gosh X-Force looks so amazingly awful. Like the worst thing ever.

"This isn't X-Men work. This is X-FORCE. No one can know."

hughtron on
    minisy3.gif
    edited November 2007
    Here's an interview with Mat Johnson about his original graphic novel, Incognegro, which is being published by Vertigo in February. It's sorta one of those books you never expect to see in comic form, and I'm pretty excited about getting it. http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=137901

wwtMask on
  • TachTach Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    hughtron wrote: »
    Oh my gosh X-Force looks so amazingly awful. Like the worst thing ever.

"This isn't X-Men work. This is X-FORCE. No one can know."

Is there a reason for the weird costume for Rahne? On that cover promo, she looks like a wet chiuhawa- then the next two look like she's got skin tight, morphing latex over her face. While that's an interesting concept, why the hell can't they just draw her like she was in X-Factor years ago? I liked her like that...

But I'll test the waters with it- my wife loves wolf-ish characters, and may take a shine to it if it's good enough. (to guage her likes, she waits very patiently for Astonishing Wolf-man)

Tach on
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    The little eyemasks are terrible.

Oh and Cyclops being the one to commission a black-ops group consisting of a teenager and two "We don't kill people" former X-Men? Totally in character.

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • IrohIroh Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    It seems like such a waste of a talent like Clayton Crain. I really liked his work on Sacasa's final arc in Sensational Spider-Man.

Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2007
    Ringo wrote: »

Oh and Cyclops being the one to commission a black-ops group consisting of a teenager and two "We don't kill people" former X-Men? Totally in character.

That teenager is a killing machine with little in the way of qualms when it comes to following the order to terminate with extreme prejudice. Rahne's probably the only one that doesn't really make any sense.

wwtMask on
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »

That teenager is a killing machine with little in the way of qualms when it comes to following the order to terminate with extreme prejudice. Rahne's probably the only one that doesn't really make any sense.

And Scott has always been for encouraging people to just be themselves, eh? I just don't see anything to convince me that Scott Summers is really the kind of guy who sends children off to kill people, no matter how suited they are to the task. Not to mention thirty years of anti-Wolverine, and anti-killing sentiment, unless that was all just a front to keep Logan from boning Jean.....

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Haven't they been trying to instill qualms in X-23 to guide her away from her roots as a soulless killing machine?

And you'd think that Warpath would be a terrible choice for a secret black ops group as well since the number of Native Americans with his power set consists of one, making him easily identifiable to anyone who happens to catch a glimpse of him in action.

But really, the entire concept is stupid.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Though I have nothing but love for the beauty of the cover artwork for the X-Force book, everything else about it causes me to roll my eyes and look foreward to 6 months from now when it will no longer exsist and as such be erased from my terrible memory.

Caveman Paws on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    X-Force just seems so.. '90s.

And not good '90s. Not Phil Urich Goiblin, Slingers, or PAD's X-Factor '90s. More like chromium foil and unwieldy shoulder accessories '90s.

Munch on
    edited November 2007
    I liked the 90s (at least until I got too cool for comics after middle school), and I was a big fan of X-Force. While I wouldn't say no to a revival of the original X-Force, I'm not against this version. I also like Rahne and X-23 quite a bit, and Yost and Kyle haven't done me wrong so far, so I'm actually looking forward to seeing what they're going to do here.

wwtMask on
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Hey guys, apparently Doc Frankenstein is still going! :roll:
    http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=137609

I kid, but god damn it's a long time between issues with this series.

"Baal ain't shit."

How did I miss this?

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited November 2007
    Man, I wish Doc Frankenstein and Shaolin Cowboy could come out on a semi-regular basis.

X-Force looks brutal. X-Men badass ninja murder squad!

DMAC on
    edited November 2007
    DMAC wrote: »
    Man, I wish Doc Frankenstein and Shaolin Cowboy could come out on a semi-regular basis.

X-Force looks brutal. X-Men badass ninja murder squad!
    If by brutal, you mean terrible, then yes. yes it does.

Fencingsax on
    edited November 2007
    God, you guys' cynicism wrt X-Force is dismaying. At least they didn't put Shatterstar on the team.
    Which would be fine with me because Shatterstar is cool. His swords have two blades, guys. TWO.

wwtMask on
    edited November 2007
    Shatterstar would have been perfect for the team.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
    edited November 2007
    Shatterstar would have been perfect for the team.

Really. Even with Warpath, this team really doesn't have enough shoulder pads. :lol:

wwtMask on
    edited December 2007
    Gee, I wonder who "this reporter" could be.
    WORLD WAR HULK: AFTERSMASH #1 (From CBR)

WWHULKAS001_int-5.jpg

Crimsondude on
    edited December 2007
    Gee, I wonder who "this reporter" could be.
    WORLD WAR HULK: AFTERSMASH #1 (From CBR)

WWHULKAS001_int-5.jpg

It's not dumb bitch, because she's on Foster's side.

Fencingsax on
    edited December 2007
    Really? I thought she hated everyone on both sides.

Crimsondude on
    edited December 2007
    I'm looking forward to all of the Aftersmash books. I'm really hoping McDuffie can redeem Damage Control after that crap the corporation was pulling in CW, and it'd be even more awesome if he used the DC characters that Kirkman created in Ant-Man.

wwtMask on
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I'm sorry, but after the sales that Wolverine: Origins seems to get I have no hope of X-Force being canceled anytime soon

Algertman on
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Yes, lets decide that a book should be canceled before we ever even read it. I feel informed on the issue.

SatanIsMyMotor on
    edited December 2007
    If the preview and concept are any indication, it's crap. Still, I don't really care if a company that makes books I do like gets some of its money from a book I don't like.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
    edited December 2007
    Really? I thought she hated everyone on both sides.
    Well, in the last frontline, she apparently hates all heroes, because they can't build houses. Or something

Fencingsax on
    edited December 2007
    It was a fairly unsubtle jab at the US government, I'd say. Also, Sally is a more unprincipled and terrible person than she was at the end of CW. How that is even possible, I'll never know. I think I'll go read the top ten reasons Sally Floyd sucks comic again.

wwtMask on
    edited December 2007
    Oh, definitely.

They may as well have put up a banner across each page saying "This is a metaphor for Katrina. AGAIN."

Crimsondude on
    edited December 2007
    I thought they were calling Bill Foster a traitor to his county whose own problems pale in comparison to the destruction of a city, not suggesting that the citizens of NYC were now on their own.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited December 2007
    Jenkins is one of my least favorite writers. Easily. Has he done something of any merit other than the first Sentry mini?

DJ Eebs on
    edited December 2007
    He won an Eisner for his Inhumans work.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
    edited December 2007
    I thought they were calling Bill Foster a traitor to his county whose own problems pale in comparison to the destruction of a city, not suggesting that the citizens of NYC were now on their own.

Frontline pretty much says outright that New Yorkers are on their own.

Aftersmash seems to be saying "You lost. Accept it. Loser."

Crimsondude on
This discussion has been closed.