As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

For Blood! For Glory! [For Honor]!

• Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I never ran into that in Alpha but I guess I typically used a faster character. Seems annoying.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Yeah, it's specially terrible in 2v2, because they'll just quickly run away from you and revive their teammate. Or just simply stay away from you forever.

I also hate bleed, it takes off something like half of your health it seems.

Edit: I remembered now that the Alpha had a last-man-standing mode, which was just plain silly with the revive mechanic. 1v1 suddenly became the quicker character zipping around reviving his whole other team.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    What bothers me is the speed revive thing. Given response times and the actual physical time you need to swing your weapon, giving someone the ability to revive in like 1 second makes it almost impossible to keep someone from reviving people, even if you're right in front of them.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    boy this for honor beta is sure a fucking disaster

i'm stuck in a game that will never start, it fill sup to 8 players then eventually i guess times out and people leave, then more come back in, but it never starts.

BUUUUT

there is also no way to actually quit it. so the only way for me to quit this thing now looks to be alt+f4 or kill it from task manager.

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Looks like 4v4 matches are broken right now, nobody can play them. They were working fine this morning.

Just stick to the other modes in the meantime.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    So the swift samurai seems incredibly obnoxious and high damage for how quick he is.

• Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    So the swift samurai seems incredibly obnoxious and high damage for how quick he is.

He's extremely vulnerable to parries.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Unfortunate, I really like 4v4s so even if I'm a bit shit at least I can blame my teammates :P

Also, since there's no NDA for the closed beta I thought I'd record a bit. Wasn't using any good recording software, just GameDVR so the quality isn't great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztBJ0zjmWsg&feature=youtu.be

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    Konphujun wrote: »
    I have 3 PC invites available. PM me and I'll get one to ya.
    @Konphujun ill take a PC invite. My ubisoft acct is NotoriusBEN.
    I'll be able to get some action in after work on Friday and this weekend.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    Sent you a friend request @NotoriusBEN . Once I send you the invite, I'll still have one left if anyone is still in need.

• Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    So I have played the Beta on PS4, and realized that this game is not something for me.

Now in the mail I received, it said that I can invite 3 friends over. But when I click on the mail the link goes to nowhere.

I sent a UPlay invite to @Bubs (so if you receive something from ThunderCarl or Carolus-Billius, you know it's me).
    Is that all that I need to make other people play?

Because I find no documentation whatsoever...

I'm going to play Let It Die for an hour, and then I'll check here again...

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    I'll take a beta invite if one is available. Uplay name is Brainling.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    So I have played the Beta on PS4, and realized that this game is not something for me.

Now in the mail I received, it said that I can invite 3 friends over. But when I click on the mail the link goes to nowhere.

I sent a UPlay invite to @Bubs (so if you receive something from ThunderCarl or Carolus-Billius, you know it's me).
    Is that all that I need to make other people play?

Because I find no documentation whatsoever...

I'm going to play Let It Die for an hour, and then I'll check here again...

Thanks! I'll edit this post with an @ when it goes through, their site has been getting hammered. But I think that's all you need? Maybe they aren't working right now.

Bubs on
    PSN: thewheelz
  • Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Yeah, I went to the forhonor.ubisoft.com site, and there I had to sign in (which I did with my Playstation account) and then on the top right I could open my uPlay account, and that is where I looked you up. So I hope that is a right way :wink:

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    It's kinda weird how incredibly timing dependent the Peacekeeper's grab combo is when everything else can be just kinda mashed out.

Also Nobushi is all sorts of fun. She'll probably be my main when the game comes out proper.

• Options
    It's kinda weird how incredibly timing dependent the Peacekeeper's grab combo is when everything else can be just kinda mashed out.

Also Nobushi is all sorts of fun. She'll probably be my main when the game comes out proper.

The peacekeeper's timing thing is something that's been mentioned before. I can't remember, does it even tell you that you have to time your next light attack for when your current one is going on?

• Options
    fsmith1fsmith1 Registered User regular
    Welp, I started off playing a bunch of Conqueror, and eventually found myself having difficulty being very effective. Then I switched to Berserker and now I am all up in Valhalla. Also, his locked target emotes are hands down the best emotes in the game. I've made a serious habit of pointing at my foe with the haft of my axe, then drawing the poll across my throat.

• Options
    Case in point.

That was a 2v2 brawl and in the first round I killed both of my opponents twice because they ran off to revive each other. My teammate's only death occurred that first round because I dunked the Peacekeeper quick, then ran over to watch their fight without interfering. Once he killed my teammate he ran off to revive his. I killed the Orochi, then the Peacekeeper ran away and eventually got him back up. Then I just killed them both in quick succession.

I didn't just watch their fights after that.

• Options
    PILLPILL Registered User regular
    Anyone have any extra beta keys? Me love you long time. :)

• Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    No one on my friends list is playing this on PS4. If anyone here is, feel free to add me! Name is in my sig.

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    Sent you a friend request @NotoriusBEN . Once I send you the invite, I'll still have one left if anyone is still in need.

alright, got that friend invite accepted. ready whenever you are @konphujun. thanks again

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    So it seems I'm stuck with strict NAT until tomorrow, which seems to mean I can't join a majority of matches. But I think I might be able to at least group with people and play versus AI.

If anyone wants to test this with me, add me on PC. KristmasKthulhu. I at least want to see if I can gain some renown and complete some of my daily orders.

• Options
    fsmith1 wrote: »
    Welp, I started off playing a bunch of Conqueror, and eventually found myself having difficulty being very effective. Then I switched to Berserker and now I am all up in Valhalla. Also, his locked target emotes are hands down the best emotes in the game. I've made a serious habit of pointing at my foe with the haft of my axe, then drawing the poll across my throat.

Okay so I've been playing a bit of Berserker and in duels I've run into a bit of a thing with Berserker vs Berserker mirror matches... can the Berserker not block attacks unless you parry? Or is it something berserks do which I can't pull off? Because I keep getting hit by enemy light attacks I know for a fact I have a defensive stance to block, and none of my light-heavy heavy-light infinite combos seem to go off similarly

• Options
    Sent you a friend request NotoriusBEN . Once I send you the invite, I'll still have one left if anyone is still in need.

alright, got that friend invite accepted. ready whenever you are konphujun. thanks again

I'll have it to you shortly bud.

• Options
    Anyone tried the uh... spear user yet? Of all the non-vanguards, she's the class that interests me the most. Won't have time to try her out tonight.

• Options
    MegaMek wrote: »
    Anyone tried the uh... spear user yet? Of all the non-vanguards, she's the class that interests me the most. Won't have time to try her out tonight.

You mean the Nobushi? I've played her a fair bit and I like her, a lot of bloods and one of her big things is making sure to keep your distance from your enemy where you can hit them but they can't hit you.

• Options
    fsmith1 wrote: »

Okay so I've been playing a bit of Berserker and in duels I've run into a bit of a thing with Berserker vs Berserker mirror matches... can the Berserker not block attacks unless you parry? Or is it something berserks do which I can't pull off? Because I keep getting hit by enemy light attacks I know for a fact I have a defensive stance to block, and none of my light-heavy heavy-light infinite combos seem to go off similarly

Well, there are two ways the Berserker can block, but a major thing that throws people off is that the regular block movement has a limited window during which it's active. It's not quite as strict as a parry per se, but it's not like other classes where you set it and if you get attacked in that direction it's blocked. It also doesn't switch from one direction to the other as quickly as others because the block movement almost acts like a small attack kinda like a guard break. Part of what makes the Berserker so difficult to fight is that you don't see which direction they are going to attack from until they strike because of the aforementioned narrow window of block, though the same applies to all the assassin classes. The way you actually parry with a Berserker is different from most other classes though, it's called a deflect and it uses the same timing as the parry but instead of needing to throw a heavy attack you dodge in the direction of the attack. It has the added benefit throwing in an automatic guard break when performed, which means you can get a heavy attack in on the heavier classes, a light attack on the more agile ones, and a zone attack if you're feeling cheeky and your enemy seems disoriented.

If you want to get good at Berserker, my main suggestion is to get really good at dodging and pretty much always try to deflect instead of blocking. All of the dodge to attack moves are super good too, and are very difficult for opponents to effectively parry with the additional benefit of being able to start chains. Another important thing to note is that there are no light > light chains at all, you pretty much always have to do light > heavy or heavy > light. You can also do heavy > heavy > heavy but it'll be tough to pull off. My usual attack style is to harass the hell out of the enemy with lots of dodge attacks from side to side and leap attacks to close the gap. I get in and throw a flurry of blows but the second things aren't going my way dodge back a few times to get some distance, then throw in a leap attack hoping to catch them off guard.

All my suggestions can be taken with a hefty grain of salt because I just started playing today like most of you, but these are my observations and what I've had success with so far.

• Options
    @NotoriusBEN I've been struggling with this website since I last posted, only to get in and find you already have an invite! Did you check your spam folder? My initial invite ended up there. Maybe you missed it?

• Options
    y'know, maybe ubisoft gave me a late game invite. I did sign up for the closed beta, but it took so long and nothing in my email I just assumed they passed me over.

I'm downloading the game now. I'll see what's what when I get home from work tomorrow. If I do have it, I'll definitely try to get my invites out to peeps as well.

all I can say is Ubisoft :rotate:

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    This beta is pretty fun but I can already tell it's a game where everyone will play it for exactly 1 week and then good luck trying to find matches after that.

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    I feel like such a jerk when i play the nobushi. Big telegraphed attack? Nope hidden stance backstep facebleed stab.

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    So wait, how do you parry exactly? And can every class do it?

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    I know the knight vanguard can parry with right stick down + light attack. It's a pretty short window, and I think only parries high attacks. That's the only class I've put any time into tho.

• Options
    DeMoN wrote: »
    So wait, how do you parry exactly? And can every class do it?

When you block, you match the direction as normal, but you hit heavy attack just as the enemy attack lands. The tradeoff is that if you fuck up the timing, you attempt a heavy attack, which can sometimes work, and other times leading to you eating a combo and getting shit on.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    The classes with shields can parry in any direction, I think.

• Options
    MegaMek wrote: »
    I know the knight vanguard can parry with right stick down + light attack. It's a pretty short window, and I think only parries high attacks. That's the only class I've put any time into tho.

Certain classes, like the knight vanguard as MegaMek mentioned, have combos or inputs that include a parry, the method I listed above is the same across all classes. Same goes for feints and dodge cancels. They're things every class can do at a basic level.

• Options
    Okay, good to know.

Been playing a lot of Raider, because I love slamming dudes into stuff or throwing them off cliffs, and wanted to make sure I wasn't limiting myself by not playing another class.

*TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    Okay, good to know.

Been playing a lot of Raider, because I love slamming dudes into stuff or throwing them off cliffs, and wanted to make sure I wasn't limiting myself by not playing another class.

Be sure to watch the advanced combat videos for your class and skim over the combo/movelist. The videos don't cover everything and certain combos can be chained into other combos that can lead to you being able to 100-0 an unskilled or unaware opponent. Also note that you can do AI + You vs AI games in any game mode in the custom game menu to hone your edge. There's a ton of depth in this game that isn't readily visible unless you look for it.

• Options
    Yeah I actually just watched those videos at the end of my last play session. And wish I had done so sooner! Turns out Raider has a quick stun move I had no idea about. And a huge freakin unblockable swing.

*TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah I actually just watched those videos at the end of my last play session. And wish I had done so sooner! Turns out Raider has a quick stun move I had no idea about. And a huge freakin unblockable swing.

Do note that "unblockable" attacks mean exactly that. You can't block them. You can, however, parry them.