As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX South 2017 Information, FAQ, and Q&A Thread (Ask Questions Here!)

124»

Posts

  • kylechukylechu Registered User regular
    Is there a massive rush on Ubers and taxis after the final round of the Omegathon on Sunday, or do most people mill around / grab dinner / walk somewhere?

    I'm asking because I have an 8pm flight and I'm wondering if I should skip the Omegathon / slip out of it a few minutes early in order to give myself more of a time cushion. I know I'd be cutting it close if I stayed, but I really don't want to miss the Omegathon if at all possible - it's always my favorite part of PAX West.

  • nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    Not sure about the massive rush assume it varies by event or year. I know it's not the same as seeing it live but if you are worried the do stream the omegathon finale on twitch and it gets archived

  • AztdkMomAztdkMom Registered User regular
    There are significant schedule differences between the App that was released and the website. Which one is more reliable?

  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    The app usually. What is out of sync?

    whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    TirMcGrey wrote: »
    Hello, is it possible that someone else can pick up my Pax South tickets I never received through the mail at the Will Call this Thursday? I will be unable to attend myself and would rather not let the 2 3-day passes go to waste.
    No, the person who made the purchase has to do the pickup as far as I am aware for will call passes.

  • StinkyTurdStinkyTurd Registered User regular
    i wish i could looks like my family decided to throw mine out/lose them.

  • BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    AztdkMom wrote: »
    There are significant schedule differences between the App that was released and the website. Which one is more reliable?

    Yea they should be in synch. What are you seeing that is different?

    -Beker/Erick
    gQPRxvs.png
  • VmKidVmKid Gone Bananas Shuggazoom CityRegistered User regular
    I'm considering bringing my cheap crappy quadcopter to a meetup outside the show. I know I can't use it inside, but would I be allowed to carry it in my backpack?

    KvTUvIQ.png
  • nbs2nbs2 Registered User regular
    Looking at the weapons policy, it excludes most pointy things. Just wanted confirmation if that applies to multi-tools as well. I mean, it has straight and serrated blades along with the scissor, but I suppose a screwdriver could puncture as well...

  • BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    nbs2 wrote: »
    Looking at the weapons policy, it excludes most pointy things. Just wanted confirmation if that applies to multi-tools as well. I mean, it has straight and serrated blades along with the scissor, but I suppose a screwdriver could puncture as well...

    Cosplay rules are designed to pertain to things that you will be carrying in your hand a significant amount of time. A muti-tool that exists in your pocket for the most case unless you are actually using it would not be a "prop" and should be fine by PAX Policy. However, I have no idea what the building security's policy will be on multitools, and there will be a bag check on the way in. My suggestion is if you do not have a specific need for it, leave it in your hotel room.

    @VmKid We would prefer you left it in your car or hotel room, just to avoid the temptation or possibility of using it.

    -Beker/Erick
    gQPRxvs.png
  • cudacuda Registered User regular
    Beker wrote: »
    . However, I have no idea what the building security's policy will be on multitools, and there will be a bag check on the way in.

    Anecdotal, but a few years back when I was working main events for another local con, the security took my leatherman. My dept head went to get it back and had a pretty livid exchange. They werent fond of even a technician having a multitool, let alone attendees, but that was a few years ago.

    Its better to make error in the sake of safety I guess. When they start making exceptions for people, they start making mistakes.

    Best bet is to leave it somewhere unless you really need it, and clarify on it before trying to enter. Its unlikely it will be returned.

  • nbs2nbs2 Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    cuda wrote: »
    Beker wrote: »
    . However, I have no idea what the building security's policy will be on multitools, and there will be a bag check on the way in.

    Anecdotal, but a few years back when I was working main events for another local con, the security took my leatherman. My dept head went to get it back and had a pretty livid exchange. They werent fond of even a technician having a multitool, let alone attendees, but that was a few years ago.

    Its better to make error in the sake of safety I guess. When they start making exceptions for people, they start making mistakes.

    Best bet is to leave it somewhere unless you really need it, and clarify on it before trying to enter. Its unlikely it will be returned.

    Fair enough. I don't bring my bag in to PAX, so I can just leave it with my things at the hotel. It's just one of those things, among a few, that I normally have on me where it's better to have and not need than need and not have (we had a spot of car trouble on the way in last time where it came in handy).

    In the end, I'm not sure how banning a leatherman does a lot for safety, but it isn't a hill I care enough to die on mission I need to die in.

    Edit: I hope I made someone laugh with that. I worked hard on it

    nbs2 on
  • LhetLhet Registered User regular
    Is there any preferred channel for reselling badges (at cost)? I ended up with an extra and seem to remember there being a thread for the other PAXes, but didn't see anything here.

  • Kirby4LifeKirby4Life Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Not really about PAX per se, but is there a best buy or something near by so I can buy memory cards??

    Kirby4Life on
  • StinkyTurdStinkyTurd Registered User regular
    Lhet wrote: »
    Is there any preferred channel for reselling badges (at cost)? I ended up with an extra and seem to remember there being a thread for the other PAXes, but didn't see anything here.

    The Reddit paxpassexchange. Or just give it to me since my family the mine out on accident and I really don't want to rebuy a badge :)

  • japesterjapester Registered User regular
    I know 50 degrees will be positively balmy to most tourists, but for us locals we'll be sporting jackets. Any idea if there will be a coat check?

    Kirby4Life wrote: »
    Not really about PAX per se, but is there a best buy or something near by so I can buy memory cards??

    The convention center is located within a touristy pedestrian district, so no big box stores within easy walking distance that I'm aware of. If you're not looking for anything too special, though, I'm sure lots of places will offer memory cards of some type. If you walk a block north, you'll run smack dab into a huge mall (Rivercenter Mall). If you go another block north and west from the mall, you'll hit the Alamo Plaza. The Alamo is on one side of the street, and facing it is a row of tourist trap junk and sundry shops. I'm sure some of them will offer little electronic items like memory cards. Selection won't be great, and prices won't either, I'm afraid.

  • Kirby4LifeKirby4Life Registered User regular
    Dang... Thanks for the reply.

  • Animal-_-Animal-_- Registered User regular
    Kirby4Life wrote: »
    Not really about PAX per se, but is there a best buy or something near by so I can buy memory cards??

    There's a Walgreens a few blocks away from the Con center at 300 E Houston St, San Antonio, TX 78205, they usually carry a variety of different memory cards. https://www.google.com/search?q=electronics+stores+san+antonio&amp;ie=utf-8&amp;oe=utf-8#tbm=lcl&amp;q=+walgreens+300+E+Houston+St,+San+Antonio,+TX+78205&amp;rlfi=hd:;si:12895328797626324654;mv:!1m3!1d190.32680662645407!2d-98.48947919999999!3d29.426152899999995!2m3!1f0!2f0!3f0!3m2!1i1116!2i673!4f13.1

    uBoT4dK.jpg
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    japester wrote: »
    I know 50 degrees will be positively balmy to most tourists, but for us locals we'll be sporting jackets. Any idea if there will be a coat check?

    Coat check will be on the 2nd floor above the main lobby

    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • piemanplayspiemanplays Registered User new member
    How do I change the name for the will call badges? It won't let me change it on show clix website.

  • pobblebonkpobblebonk Registered User regular
    Shouldn't the pax app have a tab for pax xp?

  • japesterjapester Registered User regular
    pobblebonk wrote: »
    Shouldn't the pax app have a tab for pax xp?

    I asked about that, too, in the PAX XP thread. I don't see it anywhere. Maybe the flyer was incorrect.

  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    How do I change the name for the will call badges? It won't let me change it on show clix website.
    I don't believe you can.

    YoungFrey
This discussion has been closed.