As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

For Blood! For Glory! [For Honor]!

• Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I had the parry timing down pretty well last time around, seems like it's harder or I'm just bad at it again now.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I probably should develop a strategy more advanced then "equip the upgrade that makes you get health and stamina back after every minion kill" and just spend the entire match at B killing minions.

But I haven't lost doing that yet, so.

• Options
    TorgaironTorgairon Registered User regular
    this game's made for a fun afternoon so far, although I really don't dig anything beyond the 1v1. I also firmly believe that I am the only person playing viking heavy in duels, haven't seen a single other one.

it also looks like the "invite friends" page is working now, so I have three invites for this if people want to add "Vaerlin" on uplay. (going to be afk a little bit though)

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I probably should develop a strategy more advanced then "equip the upgrade that makes you get health and stamina back after every minion kill" and just spend the entire match at B killing minions.

But I haven't lost doing that yet, so.

The permanent points at b that you earn are really good. Its a solid strategy. Just dont let speedy outflankers cap up the others and wear you down through attrition since they can heal with the points too

• Options
    MortifiedPenguinMortifiedPenguin Registered User regular
    Played some of the beta with a friend doing bot matches.

So far my favorite is the Warlord. Lots of ways to punish enemies and the defensive stance makes it easier to hold out against multiple people until I get some help. Also enjoyed the Orochi when I get into a groove, but felt a lot more fragile when things went bad. Looking forward to playing more!

Also the customization options are really nice.

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Pro tip: If you're facing one of the Samurai faction.... protect your face. They all have face related abilities you don't want to deal with

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    If I get this game it'll be Warden all day, every day, forever. I love that we finally get to see a resemblance of proper two hand sword play.

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    if anyone has a code- i would owe you a blood debt.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    if anyone has a code- i would owe you a blood debt.

Ps4? I've got a couple you'll just have to send a friend request on uplay, to AHermano

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    hopefully PC. womp womp

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    hopefully PC. womp womp

I can hook you up. What's your Uplay ID?

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular
    @Hermano I sent you a friend request on UPlay, in case you've got any PS4 invites left and can actually get them to work!

PSN: thewheelz
  • Options
    Bubs wrote: »
    @Hermano I sent you a friend request on UPlay, in case you've got any PS4 invites left and can actually get them to work!

Yep, sent the invite, hopefully that works

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Konphujun wrote: »
    hopefully PC. womp womp

I can hook you up. What's your Uplay ID?

mojojoeo is me on uplay! TY!

• Options
    Man, the Nobushi seems noticeably more complicated than the other classes.

Like, everything can be canceled into one of four different things (dodges, hidden stance, kicks, etc) and then those cancels can be canceled into other things, and so on.

Was just trying to figure her out when the servers went down. I noticed that a whole lot of her attacks were pretty linear though, I imagine dodging works well against her.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    So, trying out the Orochi a bit, I see they've fixed their counter so it isn't complete bullshit anymore, which is nice. I was wondering why I wasn't seeing much countering from Orochis. The deflect thing is hard to get a handle on, because it's like blocking with my left stick which isn't what I'm used to, and the timing is tough because it seems like by the time it's actually useful, half the time it doesn't work anyway.

Like, everything can be canceled into one of four different things (dodges, hidden stance, kicks, etc) and then those cancels can be canceled into other things, and so on.

Was just trying to figure her out when the servers went down. I noticed that a whole lot of her attacks were pretty linear though, I imagine dodging works well against her.

Yeah I never got too much use out of the canceling thing, and as for dodging her heavy attacks have wide swings you can use on dodgers, and that's one thing her double guard break light attack move is good for.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular

I am a Nobushi main and we should duel forever to practice her. She's a lot of fun and her bread and butter stuff is simple enough that you can ignore hidden stance till you feel comfortable.

• Options
    We'll see how it goes when the servers go back up!

I may retreat back behind the safety of my conqueror and warlord shields.

(Plus it is fun as hell to play really patiently and defensively and watch your opponent basically kill themselves against your defense.)

• Options
    We'll see how it goes when the servers go back up!

I may retreat back behind the safety of my conqueror and warlord shields.

(Plus it is fun as hell to play really patiently and defensively and watch your opponent basically kill themselves against your defense.)

This is pretty much how you play Nobushi too. Except your defense is much more active and spacing based.

Nobushi can drag fights where ever they want with their disengage tools, fantastic dodge attacks and large throw range.

I still need to actually learn one of the heavy classes. Currently it's just Warden, Peacekeeper (who I'm not really in love with outside of her attack chains) and Nobushi.

• Options
    BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Hermano wrote: »

I'm not sure what's up with PS4 invites, they never seem to actually show up. I had the same issue with a Steep beta, maybe it's ubisoft.

Edit: Nevermind! Just went through. Thanks again

Bubs on
    PSN: thewheelz
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    So is the maintanence still going on? Because it's not letting me start the game up and I don't know if it's an update thing or if it's a bug I should report.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Hermano wrote: »

I'm not sure what's up with PS4 invites, they never seem to actually show up. I had the same issue with a Steep beta, maybe it's ubisoft.

Edit: Nevermind! Just went through. Thanks again

No problem!

If anyone else wants a ps4 invite I've got one more

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    So is the maintanence still going on? Because it's not letting me start the game up and I don't know if it's an update thing or if it's a bug I should report.

It's done now. Try re-starting Uplay to get the patch.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    (PC) Do I need a gamepad for this, or can I play with KBM?

Controller feels far more natural imo, has support for both xbox 1 and ps4 controllers, I think.

• Options
    I'm getting rather concerned with how buggy the PC verison of this seems to be this close to launch.

• Options
    I hate fighting the Warlord, but I especially hate fighting him while trying to get the timing down for deflections. His windup is so goddamn long and then the strike is just there, it's so hard to time it right for the dodge.

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    (PC) Do I need a gamepad for this, or can I play with KBM?
    I've been playing a bit with KB+M just fine.

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    I also feel that this game while fun, doesn't have a lot of substance to last for long. Maybe they'll add more interesting game modes?

The main problem with the combat I see right now, is that any class that can spam guardbreaks (Warden and peacekeeper) have a huge advantage, since regular attacks will tell you where they're coming from, but these guardbreaks are hard to counter since they're almost instant.

• Options
    canuckontcanuckont Registered User regular
    Does this game make it feel like your actually fighting with close combat weapons?

I found games like this to provide some seriously lack luster combat (war of the rose/chivarly)

I could totally smash dudes in the face with a 2h sword or a warhammer

I saw a kid get handed a JB poster by who I presume was his parents outside my store today....he tore it in half infront of his horrified parents.....There's hope for our youth yet!
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    I'll admit I haven't played very much but 2v2 and dominion just seem frustrating since the combat doesn't really work for engaging multiple people at once so I'm confused what the goal of these modes is, and can't imagine I'd dual that long. I did lose every match I played so maybe that doesn't help

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    canuckontcanuckont Registered User regular
    Can you change the weapons on the guys or does it have a set weapon

I saw a kid get handed a JB poster by who I presume was his parents outside my store today....he tore it in half infront of his horrified parents.....There's hope for our youth yet!
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Can't seem to get into any games properly.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    canuckont wrote: »
    Can you change the weapons on the guys or does it have a set weapon

Classes have set weapon types, but you can get cosmetic and slight upgrades to them through loot unlocks/etc. They all play very differently so if you want to change weapons it's more changing class.

As far as the feel of combat, I think it feels great but at it's core it's more fo a rock/paper/scissors kind of thing (bit more complex).

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    @mojojoeo Sorry about the wait bud, my job interview went far longer than I expected. I sent you a friend request and will get you an invite as soon as you accept.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    What's the deal with "throwing" stuff and stat. What and how do you throw something?

akirasig.jpg
  • Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    What's the deal with "throwing" stuff and stat. What and how do you throw something?

That's throwing a person; hit them with guard break then press the same button.

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Close beta megacode: RKFXFQG436W6

Redeem here: http://www.forhonorgame.com/betaredeem

Only 500 people, so it might be gone by now.

• Options
    RakeethRakeeth Registered User regular
    yep its gone

• Options
    fsmith1fsmith1 Registered User regular
    Well, I've ran into a bit of a snag. Because I've been doing so well as Berserker and have almost hit renown one, any time I try to play PVP domination I get matched up against four man premades that are all well into the first renown rank. The problem is that my team ends up being almost exclusively people that are under or close to level ten with their respective classes. So it's a fucking meat grinder. There's pretty much nothing I can do to carry against a cohesive team of four skilled players, and it makes playing domination absolutely awful.

If there's anyone on PC that is playing at a reasonably high level, my Uplay name is fsmith01. If anyone else wants to play against AI I can do that too, but if you're still early on in the learning process PVP will be tough because you'll likely get matched against the aforementioned.