As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Enter the Gungeon: That's when I reach for my revolver

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Holy shit, this run. (spoiler for endgame content)
    On the bottom: Shelleton Key, Liquid Valkyrie, Heart Pendant. There were TWO black markets on back to back floors. The first one I entered with one key, and then got two more random drops so I could buy Shelleton Key, which I had just unlocked.

Oh yeah, and I had first floor cog of battle, which I normally hate because it makes me take damage but is INSANE with Betrayal because you can just do it once and it's active for the entire floor! No need to fiddle with accurate mid-combat reloads! And then I got Metronome on like the third floor which made it so I could sword everything up to the Dragun with ease.

Oh, and then I had Heroine AND mass shotgun for Bullet Hell. And Fightsabre and Commando for the Dragun and Lich. Lichy Trigger Finger and Potion of Gun Friendship speeding up the pewpew.

And then Nanomachines, which is usually one of my favorite items but wasn't as necessary this run because I just facerolled the first few floors. It did help out on Bullet Hell, though. Just insane.

I think this is my second lich kill? Did it once with Hunter before... maybe I did it another time with Marine, I can't really remember, so it could be my third.

deYsUak.jpg

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    hey ALien Engine neat, won run right thar.

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    hey ALien Engine neat, won run right thar.

I've actually just started using engine to move around the floor faster.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    edited October 2016
    So chat finally convinced Austin to suicide on a clone run--while his winstreak was at ~190--and the results were glorious.

https://youtu.be/5Xb0KEvpn04

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    That was certainly worth watching, heh =)

His channel's big enough for Twitch Chat Replay to log his chat, so if you watch that on his Twitch highlight instead you can follow along with the incredulity.

• LeumasWhiteLeumasWhite New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Finally got Lead God. Bosses were Trigger Twins, Gorgun, Treadnaught, Kill Pillars.

Potion of Gun Friendship worked quite well with the Com4nd0 when it came to dealing with the Dragun, and the railgun just shredded the Kill Pillars. I very nearly flubbed it, though; was out of blanks when the Dragun's last wave attack started, so I used the singularity, and forgot that bullets that are still in motion when it finishes go flying in all directions.

QPPHj1J.jpg
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    AAAARGH! I still can't turn the Prime Primer in. I've only seen the fifth floor twice.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    Austin just got his 200 streak! And immediately made like $1000 from several people donating $200 to celebrate. That's great to see, he's quickly become one of the my favorite streamers.

oh yeah, I'm not sure I actually linked to his twitch proper. twitch.tv/last_grey_wolf live at 1PM central basically every day, he's a cool dude and worth watching (and he's a regular NLSS guest if you have a history watching Northernlion play Isaac).

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    so the beta branch for the update is live on steam now

I have a sentient bag of trash with a helmet, a shield, and a sword following me

I rate this update 10/10

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Save and Exit - This is probably our most requested feature. You can now save between floors and resume your run at a later time. Just speak with the red button located at all floor exits, tell him you'd like to save and hop into the cryochamber.

Yes, to this update. Yes, yes, yes. I will definitely play more now when I find spare time among the 10s of other games being played.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Hah. Had a run where two of my first few weapons were the Vulcan Cannon and the SAA. Now if only I had found a sniper rifle to go with them.

So, I've learned that the Sling is a good goddamn weapon.

Its general use is pretty limited, but it can pick off tough foes in a few shots, and it shreds bosses. I might even like it more than the Mega Hand.

Enlong wrote: »

Its general use is pretty limited, but it can pick off tough foes in a few shots, and it shreds bosses. I might even like it more than the Mega Hand.

there's just a whole tier of weapons that are incredibly valuable because they come attached with implicit HP upgrades because of how good they are v. bosses

my current fav is the scrambler because it lets you 100% focus on dodging no matter what

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg

there's just a whole tier of weapons that are incredibly valuable because they come attached with implicit HP upgrades because of how good they are v. bosses

my current fav is the scrambler because it lets you 100% focus on dodging no matter what

Oh yes, the Scrambler. Another one I adore.

Got both of them in my latest run, which got me all the way to the Dragun before I died.

Sadly, I couldn't turn in the Prime Primer. Wound up 1 bullet short of being able to buy it on that run.

edited January 2017

Oh yes, the Scrambler. Another one I adore.

Got both of them in my latest run, which got me all the way to the Dragun before I died.

Sadly, I couldn't turn in the Prime Primer. Wound up 1 bullet short of being able to buy it on that run.

if you feel capable, start doing the ouiblette regularly. It's a whole 'nother floor of casings, which helps get you to that... what was it, 120 on floor 2?

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    Yeah, I went there. My mistake was to buy just one more thing than I should've. Bought a half-heart because I wasn't sure about the level floor 2 boss. Which turned out entirely unnecessary. Oh well. Another run, yeah?

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas

edited January 2017
    I have been playing the public beta exclusively because the "save at the end of a level" mechanic is in, but there's also a bunch of what I assume is Supply Drop content. And it's all pretty awesome. The boss in that clip is insane.

Rius on
    Hip Holster and BSG on the first floor! Gee, I've never killed the Twins at the same time before.

I dislike fighting the twins. I feel like they trap me more regularly than any other floor 1 boss.

I like fighting Gatling Gull, because there is often enough cover around to simply outmaneuver him.

I dislike fighting the twins. I feel like they trap me more regularly than any other floor 1 boss.

I like fighting Gatling Gull, because there is often enough cover around to simply outmaneuver him.

twins have super low health, just focus one down and it's usually one of the easier boss fights (absolutely do save your blanks for when you get cornered though, sometimes they just catch you like that and you need some help to get out)

gull is actually kinda frustrating for me depending on the map; the ones with all the bookshelves are super easy, but the one where it's just three vertical platforms with water you have to dodge over is super annoying

I like bullet king because he's always the most predictable, but even then sometimes there'll be fights where he does the launch a projectile that explodes so you have to deal with two attacks at once attack over and over and it's hot bullshit

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Is the game easier? Because the last post on my progress still stands. I've pretty much given up.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    Cantido wrote: »
    Is the game easier? Because the last post on my progress still stands. I've pretty much given up.

I don't know about general floors being easier, but the third floor boss they added in is pretty dang hard

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    Hahaha! Yes, finally!

I've delivered the Prime Primer!

Now all I need is a run where I can beat the final boss, and I can create The Bullet.

So, I learned today that Bloody Eye and the Fightsaber make for an amazing combo. Also, Spice is annoying and hilarious.

The one time I ever found some Spice, that was the most glorious trainwreck of a run ever.

And it all starts off so innocently.

• -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    Anyone know if the update makes co-op more viable and less of a slow bleeding death?

Are Chain Gunners and Keybullet Kin new to the update? I've never seen them before, but just saw them show up in chamber 1.

Are Chain Gunners and Keybullet Kin new to the update? I've never seen them before, but just saw them show up in chamber 1.

yup

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    Note to self: Maybe don't buy two cursed items on floor one.

I've never seen so many Jammed before in all my runs. That ended poorly.

The run after that, I saw the Mine Flayer for the first time. What a strange and tough fight that is.

I've found I tend to do best on the mine flayer when I go on full "use the force luke" mode

trying to think about the fight just makes me do worse

...actually that's super fitting considering the themeing of it

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    I'll give that a shot.

What didn't help was that I was out of Blanks at that point, having used them all up earlier completing the tutorial.

edited January 2017
    I'll give that a shot.

What didn't help was that I was out of Blanks at that point, having used them all up earlier completing the tutorial.

oh yeah, and when it does the ringing the bell and shooting out big circles

do the trick where you run at the wall and dodge into the wall when the bullets get to you so you don't send yourself flying out of position, and they don't come at you fast enough that you can afford to stay still that long

learned that trick first to deal with lich's first phase, came in very handy there as well

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    edited January 2017
    Hm.

Does Ser Junken eliminate the chance of chests spawning Junk when broken? I'm on a run where I picked him up, and I'm trying to power him up so he can be properly unlocked, but I've been finding nothing but guns, items, and health in busted chests.

Which I suppose would be a good benefit in its own right.

edit:

Ah, no he doesn't. He either just reduces the chances a good deal, or I was very (un)lucky.

Enlong on
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    That new Challenge mode is some bullshit.

Both of the secret characters pasts beat tho.

• WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Man I am el terrible at this

But I finally made it to level 4 on a wing and a prayer.

Yay, I unlocked Junk.

I made it. I beat the High Dragun and acquired the Gun and the Bullet.

And then I died during the past-kill.

Argh.

edited January 2017

I made it. I beat the High Dragun and acquired the Gun and the Bullet.

And then I died during the past-kill.

Argh.

I totally did that my first time in the Marine past.

Edit: Actually, pilot too.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg