As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Wrestling] 2016 should have been two hours long

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    cena's moveset is so much better now

i love all the weird dumb bullshit he's added since the feud with punk
    Oh I agree

I am strictly speaking from a character perspective

Like tonight I saw a few glimpses of something different, with the rage and the disdain for Styles at times, but aside from a handful of moments he was same old John Cena

CYpGAPn.png
  • never dienever die Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    I was so fucking angry when Roman came out. Like I was yelling to my wife who doesn't watch wrestling who was sitting across the room playing Mass Effect and she was like "yes honey Roman Reigns sucks and is bad you've told me many times" and I'm like hun you don't understand

You're wife is so similar to mine in her eactions to wrestling

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I wonder what it'll be like when there's a Styles match that isn't the best match of the PPV

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I wonder what it'll be like when there's a Styles match that isn't the best match of the PPV

never watched new japan, huh

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Oh and thanks Pony. I'll continue to not mention you know who as well, it's perfectly fine and I still enjoy posting here.

I'm at a place with shit internet so no Rumble for me till Monday.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    With Le Tabarnak de Team serving a suspension that will keep them from competing at BATTLEWAR 42, this creates an opportunity for any of BATTLEWAR's talented teams to challenge Francis and Francis for the BATTLEWAR Tag Team Championship.
    The duo that will seize this opportunity is "Cowboy" Giant Tiger and "Outlaw" Marc Mercer, The Rambling Man Wrestling Co.!
    After their huge victory over The Sight in the ten man tag team match at BATTLEWAR 41, this catapults Giant Tiger and Mercer into the position as the undisputed number one contenders.

It's big GT's year, get on your feet!

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.

never watched new japan, huh

Nope

• LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    ...that is a great mug

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
    I just got a note saying Orton earned the right to "main event Mania 33" so I guess he can chose to face Owens?

But I still believe Bray wins at EC and we get him vs Orton.

The only thing that would get me pumped about Randy winning is if we, indeed, get Bray Wyatt in a Wrestlemania main event

CYpGAPn.png
  • never dienever die Registered User regular
    I really liked the Rumble. I was disappointed
    In Roman being #30 (as I knew he would be shit on for it and wanted Joe) but it was obviously done to fuck with the crowd. Only part is I would
    Rather have Bray or Sami have won, but it was a good Rumble that handled having all the big names in it really well

Blankzilla wrote: »
    The only thing that would get me pumped about Randy winning is if we, indeed, get Bray Wyatt in a Wrestlemania main event

Yes, Bray has fucking earned that after the amazing stuff he's done with his character and the booking trying it's damndest to sabotage it at times.

Also I need Sami Zayn and Tye Dillinger as the heroic counterparts to Kevin Owens and Chris Jericho yesterday

WRESTLEMANIA 33: CANADIAN FATAL FOUR WAY FOR THE US TITLE

CYpGAPn.png
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    I just got a note saying Orton earned the right to "main event Mania 33" so I guess he can chose to face Owens?

But I still believe Bray wins at EC and we get him vs Orton.

Yeah, he can choose to wrestle "a" world champion, which is either WWE or Universal

I love the brand split but I hate two of every belt

Feels like it diminishes the meaning

edited January 2017
    The tease of a sami/tye tag is the thing that intrigues me the most besides Baron Corbin: Ultra Face

WeedLordVegeta on
  • hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    So yeah, I don't think there was anyone in that match who was not an active roster member, either full or part time? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Wait were they teasing face Baron Corbin

Wait were they teasing face Baron Corbin

He eliminated Strowman, he's the hero we all needed

And they really teased Roman facing Taker at Mania huh.

Sure why not, especially if Taker finally officially hangs up the tights right after and gets his much needed hip replacement surgery.

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    So Shibata vs Ospreay in New Japan is officially for the Rev Pro British heavyweight title. I think it's only fair that since Japan gets that, England should get Shibata vs MiSu--and it should also be held on Rev Pro's first ever event in the North West, preferably in Manchester.
    <.<

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Also to everyone spamming WWE saying there was a lack of both Samoans and Joes:

bEQbGLC.png

So does Joe stay in NXT? Maybe they couldn't agree on how he should be used if brought up now?

If so I'm glad they held off till HHH makes sure all WWE writers get the message we get bad ass Samoa Joe on Raw or SDL.

Or more than Iikely they hold off on Joe an Nak till after Mania so they don't get lost in the Mania hype.

• CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    If Joe was staying in NXT, I think they would have found a role for him at Takeover.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    I did mark way the fuck out when Tye showed up at #10 I will be honest

• LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Honestly I don't think they should have had Joe debut in the Rumble unless he was also going to win it.

Honestly I don't think they should have had Joe debut in the Rumble unless he was also going to win it.

Good point.

• CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    Gotta say, that was a genius way to get the crowd to accept Orton winning the Rumble.

Which means that somebody back there is very very aware of the crowd's reaction to Roman.

Which begs the question: why's Roman still a face? Let the man heel. He'd be good at it.

Addendum: pacing-wise, that was probably one of the better Rumbles I've ever watched. There weren't many dead spots like most ones.

If they're putting Roman against Taker, there's no way they can possibly expect him to get cheered.

Right?

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Eh, he can still do a regular debut this tuesday and find his way into the EC match where he destroys Cena (but gets taken out by Bray)

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    So does Joe stay in NXT? Maybe they couldn't agree on how he should be used if brought up now?

If so I'm glad they held off till HHH makes sure all WWE writers get the message we get bad ass Samoa Joe on Raw or SDL.

Ideally Joe would be open brand. Every time he smells weakness in a title he runs in an murders the current title holder. No one will tag with him? He chokes out Elsworth and drags his limp corpse to the ring to "tag" with. If they brought Joe in and gave him that TNA push of the unstoppable submission machine he would easily become the new threat in the WWE.

• ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    I fully expect Joe to kill someone on RAW or SD in the next two weeks.

Pretty sure it will be Cena, but I'll be damned if I won't also watch him and Kevin smash into each other.

ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
    Gotta say, that was a genius way to get the crowd to accept Orton winning the Rumble.

Which means that somebody back there is very very aware of the crowd's reaction to Roman.

Which begs the question: why's Roman still a face? Let the man heel. He'd be good at it.

Addendum: pacing-wise, that was probably one of the better Rumbles I've ever watched. There weren't many dead spots like most ones.

If they're putting Roman against Taker, there's no way they can possibly expect him to get cheered.

Right?

Nah, they'd be selling the spectacle only, not who gets cheered or booed.

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Since I got in late, I just loaded up the Network to watch the rest of the PPV from the beginning.

7i2h0y7dmguw.jpg

Really, really glad I cancelled a while back and just started another free trial for this month.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    My favorite Joe moments was always when someone would lay him out with a chair and start mean mugging towards the hard camera. As they pose and gloat you see Joe rise above their shoulder, busted open, and looking pissed as hell. The next 4 minutes were a blur but I'm pretty sure someone was forced to eat their own ass hole.

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    (Royal Rumble was better than Takeover)

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    I'm so pissed right now.

uyvfOQy.png
    Nirya wrote: »
    (Royal Rumble was better than Takeover)

Well it should have been

Reynolds wrote: »
    I'm so pissed right now.

Orton vs Cena or Bray doesn't do it for you huh

No. I literally cannot watch the Rumble on the Network right now. It's blocked and unwatchable for at least the next 24 hours.

If this is how it is for all of their shows from now on, that's a huge blow. It's never worked like this before.

uyvfOQy.png
This discussion has been closed.