As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Tournaments at PAX (ESports)

UpmindUpmind Registered User regular
I have always gone to PAX feeling underwhelmed because of the tournaments (Except for SSB). I wanted to kinda stir the pot into potentially having some other tournaments this year, mainly PC games like CSGO, LoL, etc. I feel like it would bring multiple people together and create a great and controlled competitive environment at PAX.

I also want to just demolish in CS but thats just me. ;)

qGv95BI.png

• WellywokzWellywokz Registered User regular
    LOL...I hear you.But tend to be less for PC and more on console at PAX EAST.
    But I was able to be in the Overwatch PC tournament and it was something I will never forget. But that was a special situation.

• imnotalawyerimnotalawyer Registered User regular
    There are some great tournaments, but space is usually very limited, details are usually very scarce until day of, and they're always done on a first come first serve basis.

I was lucky enough last year to register for the Geico Hearthstone Championship Tour Major. I had the chance to play against some of the professionals on stream and had an absolute blast.

faPgNTD
  • DanQDanQ Registered User regular
    pax tournament organizers tend to consciously chose non esports titles for the tournaments. it creates a lower barrier to entry and generally gives people something they can't find elsewhere. personally I like this approach because I will never find competitive wario ware anywhere else. or for that matter. any kind of opponents for warioware anywhere else. I love the game, but nobody plays it. You can easily get matches for cs go or lol and the like online.

• UpmindUpmind Registered User regular
    DanQ wrote: »
    pax tournament organizers tend to consciously chose non esports titles for the tournaments. it creates a lower barrier to entry and generally gives people something they can't find elsewhere. personally I like this approach because I will never find competitive wario ware anywhere else. or for that matter. any kind of opponents for warioware anywhere else. I love the game, but nobody plays it. You can easily get matches for cs go or lol and the like online.

As much as I agree with the online matches, nothing is more fun, and important to esports than the LAN experience, thus why I think PAX should have more LAN Tourneys other than OverWatch and Hearthstone ;(

qGv95BI.png