As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New Game!

jontheshogunjontheshogun Registered User regular
edited November 2007 in Games and Technology
buying a new game this weekend. tie between Assasin's creed (for 360), and Crysis. which should i buy?

jontheshogun on

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Buy AC

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Buy Crysis

Mayday on
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Buy Duck Hunt

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    DoomulonDoomulon Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Funny that I was in nearly identical circumstances and chose Crysis. I don't regret it, but I guess my question for the OP is, how good is your PC? Don't bother unless you got an ungodly powerful rig. AC is at least going to work in a guaranteed sort of way...

Doomulon on
  • Options
    keroppileekeroppilee Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I've played assassin's creed but not crysis. I had fun playing a few levels on my bro's save game. I'm no game reviewer but seems like a lot of controversy between those who like this game and the reviewers.

The game is a bit repetetive. You do the same things in each town then assassinate someone. I find all the things fun (especially shivving guards as they accost citizens). I like the story, it drives the less than super creative/original tasks that you have to under take. The controls are great. Feels good to run around the city in the streets, on the rooftops, etc. Graphics are good as well.

Some dumb stuff

you cant go back at any point in a "stage" you have to replay the whole thing from the start and you can't skip the cinematic talk. If you fail to do stuff in the inbetween pauses between stages, you cant go back i.e. if you miss conversations etc.

In general I think if you can buy into the story and get absorbed into the environment (they did a great job creating this world) then you'll like the game.

keroppilee on
  • Options
    RookRook Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I have to say, Crysis starts out brilliant, but gets amazingly dull to the point I've actually stopped playing it (although in all fairness I'm suffereing from a glut of games to play).

Rook on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited November 2007
    Develop the ability to make your own decisions.

Tube on
  • Options
    MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    Develop the ability to make your own decisions.

i never beat that one how does it end?

Monoxide on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited November 2007
    What do you think guys, should I tell him?

Tube on
This discussion has been closed.