As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

WAIT

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    read leaflet

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    >read leaflet
    (Taken)
    "WELCOME TO ZORK!

ZORK is a game of adventure, danger, and low cunning. In it you will explore some of the most amazing territory ever seen by mortals. No computer should be without one!"

s then w

>s then w
    South of House
    You are facing the south side of a white house. There is no door here, and all the windows are boarded.

West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

knock on door

cB557 wrote: »
    knock on door
    >knock on door
    Nobody's home.

wandering this game is fucking lying to me
    s then e then e

edited February 2017
    wandering this game is fucking lying to me
    s then e then e
    >s then e then e
    South of House
    You are facing the south side of a white house. There is no door here, and all the windows are boarded.

Behind House
    You are behind the white house. A path leads into the forest to the east. In one corner of the house there is a small window which is open.

Clearing
    You are in a small clearing in a well marked forest path that extends to the east and west.

(Edit: I'm curious what you're thinking)

wandering on
    I'm thinking that house is some bullshit and I'm gonna check out that cliffside.
    e

edited February 2017
    I'm thinking that house is some bullshit and I'm gonna check out that cliffside.
    e
    (fair nuff)

>e
    Canyon View
    You are at the top of the Great Canyon on its west wall. From here there is a marvelous view of the canyon and parts of the Frigid River upstream. Across the canyon, the walls of the White Cliffs join the mighty ramparts of the Flathead Mountains to the east. Following the Canyon upstream to the north, Aragain Falls may be seen, complete with rainbow. The mighty Frigid River flows out from a great dark cavern. To the west and south can be seen an immense forest, stretching for miles around. A path leads northwest. It is possible to climb down into the canyon from here.
    There is a sword here.

wandering on
    That sword wasn't here last time.
    examine sword

That sword wasn't here last time.
    examine sword
    >examine sword
    There's nothing special about the sword.

(but I think what it ought to have said is: this is an elvish sword of great antiquity.)

The pamphlet was behind the house, the sword is by the cliffside. What is this?
    get sword

(Your possessions are scattered upon death.)
    get sword
    >get sword
    Taken.

0zVdnK9.gif

wandering wrote: »
    (Your possessions are scattered upon death.)
    Ah. I was starting to think that respawning might've been a thing in-universe and someone or something was scattering my stuff for some reason pertaining to that, but that sounds more like a gameplay conceit. Odd decision.
    down

>save
    Please supply a filename for save
    Ok.

>d
    Rocky Ledge
    You are on a ledge about halfway up the wall of the river canyon. You can see from here that the main flow from Aragain Falls twists along a passage which it is impossible for you to enter. Below you is the canyon bottom. Above you is more cliff, which appears climbable.

d

d
    >d
    Canyon Bottom
    You are beneath the walls of the river canyon which may be climbable here. The lesser part of the runoff of Aragain Falls flows by below. To the north is a narrow path.

HdxoBBV.jpg?1

n

n
    >n
    End of Rainbow
    You are on a small, rocky beach on the continuation of the Frigid River past the Falls. The beach is narrow due to the presence of the White Cliffs. The river canyon opens here and sunlight shines in from above. A rainbow crosses over the falls to the east and a narrow path continues to the southwest.

praise the sun

praise the sun
    >praise the sun
    I don't know the word "praise".

>pray
    If you pray enough, your prayers may be answered.

sw

sw
    >sw
    Canyon Bottom
    You are beneath the walls of the river canyon which may be climbable here. The lesser part of the runoff of Aragain Falls flows by below. To the north is a narrow path.

n

n
    >n
    End of Rainbow
    You are on a small, rocky beach on the continuation of the Frigid River past the Falls. The beach is narrow due to the presence of the White Cliffs. The river canyon opens here and sunlight shines in from above. A rainbow crosses over the falls to the east and a narrow path continues to the southwest.

Oh, derp. I didn't notice that the last tile said I could climb the cliff so I just went with the cardinal direction I saw without realizing that it was probably the way I came.
    sw then up

Oh, derp. I didn't notice that the last tile said I could climb the cliff so I just went with the cardinal direction I saw without realizing that it was probably the way I came.
    sw then up
    >sw then up
    Canyon Bottom

Rocky Ledge
    You are on a ledge about halfway up the wall of the river canyon. You can see from here that the main flow from Aragain Falls twists along a passage which it is impossible for you to enter. Below you is the canyon bottom. Above you is more cliff, which appears climbable.

>d
    Rocky Ledge
    >d
    Canyon Bottom
    >n
    End of Rainbow
    >sw
    Canyon Bottom
    >n
    End of Rainbow
    >sw then up
    Canyon Bottom
    Rocky Ledge
    wait. shit

okay
    reread end of rainbow more closely this time
    d then n then e

>d then n then e
    Canyon Bottom

End of Rainbow

You can't go that way.

edited February 2017
    (I'm also finding the geography here a bit confusing, so I thought I'd try and see if there were any illustrations of this area. And, well, I did find one... in another Let's Play on another forum, by someone who is upstaging me with a bunch of adorbs illustrations)

end_rainbow.jpg

(Anyway I'm trying not to Navi it up too much, but I don't think there is anything you can do in this area just yet. The map does indicate you can cross the river to the east, but the dotted line means you have to do something or solve a puzzle first. I think you need an item you don't have.)

wandering on
    Yeah, I, uh, saw a different cardinal direction and just assumed it was a path
    derp
    Well, I guess I'll head back to the house, maybe check out that chimney or whatever it was I ignored because I figured it was probably full of grues.
    n then up then up

>n
    You can't go that way.

MWY0Fmm.jpg

>sw
    Canyon Bottom

>up then up
    Rocky Ledge

Canyon View
    You are at the top of the Great Canyon on its west wall. From here there is a marvelous view of the canyon and parts of the Frigid River upstream. Across the canyon, the walls of the White Cliffs join the mighty ramparts of the Flathead Mountains to the east. Following the Canyon upstream to the north, Aragain Falls may be seen, complete with rainbow. The mighty Frigid River flows out from a great dark cavern. To the west and south can be seen an immense forest, stretching for miles around. A path leads northwest. It is possible to climb down into the canyon from here.

nw

nw
    >nw
    Clearing
    You are in a small clearing in a well marked forest path that extends to the east and west.

w then w

w then w
    >w then w
    Behind House
    You are behind the white house. A path leads into the forest to the east. In one corner of the house there is a small window which is open.

Kitchen
    You are in the kitchen of the white house. A table seems to have been used recently for the preparation of food. A passage leads to the west and a dark staircase can be seen leading upward. A dark chimney leads down and to the east is a small window which is open.
    A bottle is sitting on the table.
    The glass bottle contains:
    A quantity of water
    There is a brown sack here.

d

d
    >d
    Only Santa Claus climbs down chimneys.