As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Injustice 2] Ninja Turtles? Ninja Turtles.

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    I really wish there was an easier way to purchase the Ultimate Edition digitally for Xbox One.

The only solution I can see is ordering via Gamestop and fuck Gamestop. No option for Amazon or the Live Marketplace.

Bleh.

Its on the XB1 digital store in the Games Coming Soon section as of last night

• Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    I really wish there was an easier way to purchase the Ultimate Edition digitally for Xbox One.

The only solution I can see is ordering via Gamestop and fuck Gamestop. No option for Amazon or the Live Marketplace.

Bleh.

Its on the XB1 digital store in the Games Coming Soon section as of last night

Oh, thank you! Doing a search doesn't pull up "Ultimate Edition", but if you click on the standard edition, it shows all available editions. :)

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Skull2185 wrote: »

Bleh.

I think it's because they just announced them yesterday. I preordered the physical PS4 ultimate edition on Amazon yesterday, but I specifically had to search "Injustice 2 Ultimate Edition" Just searching Injustice 2 only brought up the standard game with no deluxe or ultimate options.

Yeah, I think that's why I didn't see it when I searched by full name on the Live Marketplace; just new and not enough time to fully propagate the search terms.

Undead Monkey on
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    So the current "leaked rumor" is that this will have a 40 character roster. That's pretty crazy if true! I wonder how much of it would be costume swaps (like Power Girl) versus full characters with unique movesets and such.

Also wonder what the base game versus additional paid DLC would be. Ultimate edition comes with 9 characters, but I don't see the game launching with 30 playable fighters...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    So the current "leaked rumor" is that this will have a 40 character roster. That's pretty crazy if true! I wonder how much of it would be costume swaps (like Power Girl) versus full characters with unique movesets and such.

Also wonder what the base game versus additional paid DLC would be. Ultimate edition comes with 9 characters, but I don't see the game launching with 30 playable fighters...

Maximllion had a video up about this, he speculated that 30 is the base roster with Darkseid being the 31st, with 9 DLC guys to pad out to 40. The leaked list started to match up with John Stewart GL and Powergirl being announced. The reskins likely won't count towards the total characters list.

some of the leaked list:
    Mr. Freeze
    Captain Cold
    Green Lanterns (Hal Jordan and John Stewart)
    Scarecrow
    Green Arrow
    Dr Fate (!!!)
    Black Adam
    Swamp Thing
    Black Canary
    Joker
    Catwoman

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    John Stewart sucks Guy Gardner rules this is a travesty!

• Options
    Man, that sure would be something else. I really hope this pans out the way I want it to as the ultimate offline SP fighting game. 40 characters alone is enough to keep you busy with arcade ladders and stuff, but also trying to collect their different gear sets? Woo!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    TexiKen wrote: »
    John Stewart sucks Guy Gardner rules this is a travesty!

While I also love guy, I welcome any minority heroes

There's always DLC skin packs

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5F9H6Oa-mw

Huh, Robin is Damien. Wonder why he's roaming free... and he has the audacity to now use the Robin moniker!

Gameplay looks good though! Hope that blood from his super is a placeholder effect, because it didn't look very good.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    As a single player only (or occasionally with friends) fan, this game looks so incredible. I think netherrealm really cracked open a rich vein by recognising that people don't just want a technically great fighting game for tournaments and competition, there's a huge demand for single player and campaign content for more casual players

Prohass on
  • Options
    TairuTairu Registered User regular
    Damian is my fav... not really a fan of his Injustice incarnation but I can look past that

• Options
    I'm stoked Robin made it in but sad Nightwing is out- hopefully they have another character with a staff

• Options
    I'm stoked Robin made it in but sad Nightwing is out- hopefully they have another character with a staff
    They might put a nightwing reskin in hopefully

• Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    Are the only playable characters for the beta supergirl, Batman and atrocitus? I have yet to see any others on streams

• Options
    Are the only playable characters for the beta supergirl, Batman and atrocitus? I have yet to see any others on streams

Seems to be the case.

• Options
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited January 2017

And Superman

But people don't want to play Superman because he's lame as hell

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    Man, this looks so good... I just can't wait to get my hands on this game, go through the story, and then grind out gear for all the characters! Those cowls for Batman looked pretty sweet. Not too hot on that legendary one, though.

I imagine they'll just have a separate online mode that disables gear stat/ability boosts in the full game for those that enjoy the boring "Final Destination no items" competitive type play. Disabling that stuff if only one person wants to would be silly.

• Options
    I guess Boon was asked if any of the DLC characters from the first game would be in the launch roster, and he pretty much said no. That's kinda sad, because I was hoping for Batgirl. Though, I guess we could still get Batgirl, just not Babs. Which I suppose I would be ok with even though Barbara is best Batgirl.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Black Canary gameplay reveal trailer is out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBxS3Uu3-uk

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Oooh, her fighting style looks rad! That super is pretty tame though.

• Options
    Looks like the leak is pretty much confirmed now

• Options
    Was the leak posted in the thread? I kinda wanna take a peek at it now, but I don't see it on previous pages.

• Options
    I posted the leaked characters upthread, the original screenshot was pulled by WB but was a screenshot of the full roster in-game posted to 4chan.

Here's a fan mock up because you can't find the original anywhere anymore
    61v6yhbt3snh.jpg

• Options
    From the leak, looks like Captain Cold and Mr.Freeze are the same with reskins. A bit dissapointing but makes sense. Also apparently Catwoman has an alternate skin for Cheeta.

• Options
    Damn, no Raven? They should've left Aquaman out and gave his spot to her...

• Options
    Yeah there were a couple characters dropped from game to game which is disappointing. Def wish Nightwing, Zod and Batgirl were coming back. Sounds like no returning characters for DLC either. Though I will gladly take Dr. Fate and Firestorm as substitutes. I really want some Super Friends and JLU inspired skins.

• Options
    And for all their talk of reducing Batfamily characters, there's still 6 Batman villains, but they removed Dick and Barbara for Damian, completely skipping Tim Drake. I hope they pull a Nightwing and alternate earth Robin is Tim.

Ohhh and a Red Hood DLC would be most excellent

• Options
    Bat stuff is their best stuff :wink:

Would prefer they swap Bane for a differen't big guy. Killer Croc or Clayface would be sweet. Not sure how either of them would wear gear though. Croc could have different kinds of tattered pants I guess.

• Options
    Clayface would be all kinds of badass, he could be a grappler but with some ranged options. I'm thinking a clay toss that sticks you to the ground kind like Grundy's old floorgrab

• Options

Too many high tier players love Aquaman. And he has a major part in the future of the DC cinematic universe, so if WB is banking on exposure and cross-marketing, there's no way they're axing him.

• Options
    3GB Beta update just dropped with Blue Beetle added. More invites going out today.

• Options
    Of course the MLGPro types would love Aquaman...

I know they realistically wouldn't cut Aquaman, I just hated how he played in the first one. Raven and Harley were my jams, though. Harley and PeeGee are gonna be my jams this time around I think!

• Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular

I was hoping they'd bring her back so that they could redesign her to not look so ugly.

But Powergirl alt for Supergirl puts a big smile on my face. I'm holding out for the inevitable "complete edition" so it's going to be a loooong wait. I just can't justify that special edition price right now.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular

Too many high tier players love Aquaman. And he has a major part in the future of the DC cinematic universe, so if WB is banking on exposure and cross-marketing, there's no way they're axing him.

my wife loved him too because of the ultimate/super. and the guy playing him in the movie...

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Still not sure who I'm gonna play.

Maybe Supergirl.

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Has there been any rumors of them having skins using the voice and likeness of the CW verse characters, like Green Arrow in Injustice 1?

'Cause given the chance to fight as Wentworth Miller Captain Cold I would probably make it my life's goal to master him, no matter how high the skill threshold or trashy the tier he is.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    They've done CW skins of Green Arrow, Flash, and Reverse Flash in the mobile game.... it only makes sense they do the same in Injustice 2.

They could have the above characters as well as Black Canary, Supergirl, Superman (from Supergirl), Firestorm and Deadshot. Also Marian Manhunter and Killer Frost, should they return.

But that's a lot of actors to license the likenesses for. Not to mention if they did DCEU versions, as they have in the mobile game.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Man black canary looks perfect. I even like her super, it's understated but looks cool, I'm ok with not every super being over the top moon punching. The smoke billowing and crumbling ground effects look super satisfying, pun intended

Prohass on
  • Options
    IndoorsmanIndoorsman Registered User regular
    It's the villains that seem more interesting to me this time around. I love that they added Grodd, and I'm eager to see what Braniac and Darkseid can do. And if the leak is true - Scarecrow! He should be fun.