As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warframe] More like Fashionframe!

1939495969799»

• DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    Dread, buddy, you might want to read all the posts you've missed.

I went over your points like, four times already. I could rehash the answers yet again, but I think I've spammed this thread enough for a single day.

Honestly it's the same stuff that pops up every year or so.

The core problem to me is the mindset that old players should be booted when they may well have contributed to the clan and helped build it to where it is today. This isn't a dinky FPS game clan, but one where folks have spent time and effort to research and build the resources the clan has today. Should those old players not have more right to their clan then the majority that did squat?

• Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    DreadBert wrote: »

I went over your points like, four times already. I could rehash the answers yet again, but I think I've spammed this thread enough for a single day.

The core problem to me is the mindset that old players should be booted when they may well have contributed to the clan and helped build it to where it is today. This isn't a dinky FPS game clan, but one where folks have spent time and effort to research and build the resources the clan has today. Should those old players not have more right to their clan then the majority that did squat?

Should they get booted and the clan downsize when they get back and rejoin they will reap the benefits of the lower research cost of the intervening time. I have no kubrow in the this fight as I am in a different clan on a different console but it seems clear to me that there is no implication that the downsizing is permanent, as soon as the number of people requesting clan access exceeds the lower tier the plan would be to jump back up and let them in whether they are new or returning players.

• DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular
    Basil wrote: »
    If someone wants back in the treehouse, back in they go. Not like it takes a trial by combat and three references.

Except, the discussion is to drop the clan size. We became this size because it was either that or becoming aggressive about purging the ranks.

• BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    What grand experiment would result in more than a small fraction of those culled popping into activity and coming back to bump the clan size to its current state or further?

And even if that did happen, the fresh arrivals would be well placed to enjoy new fancy toys the active lot researched in the interim and everyone would still be happy.

Burying the dead is hardly aggressive, besides. They're dead, they can't fight back. This isn't a war, its just spring cleaning so we can get at the terminals without climbing over their bodies. If the shambling zombies want back one day, cool.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    If someone wants back in the treehouse, back in they go. Not like it takes a trial by combat and three references.

Except, the discussion is to drop the clan size. We became this size because it was either that or becoming aggressive about purging the ranks.

But you can put the clan size back!

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Bluntly, anyone who hasn't logged on in a year or more probably doesn't give a shit whether or not they're in the guild.

Out of curiosity, I began adding our membership into a spreadsheet. Of the 263 members we have, 90 (over 1/3) of them haven't logged on in over a year. Some of them will likely come back, but we'd be a mere 73 over Storm clan if we set the cap at one year.

In order to get to the 100 cap we'd still have people that hadn't logged on in something like 70 days. And then, if five or ten of them came back out of the blue, we boot some of the remaining MIA folks and let them back in, and we're still including people that haven't logged into the game in around 2 months.

Yes, as we added people the 'days since last online' number would shrink a bit, but at the same time... so what? It's not some kind of horrible affront or personal attack to get removed because you haven't logged on since the Fall, and short of literally dozens of new or returning folks, we would be hard pressed to get substantially past the Storm tier with active people.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

But you can put the clan size back!

There is a 2 month cooldown on changing the clan size, from what I've read.

That said, if we culled down to Storm, and found within those two months that we had 100 active players again, we could revisit re-expanding to Mountain.

It's not a fast turnout, but it's not set in stone either.

Fuck this one guy in particular though. Gotta boot him. Send a little post-card in the mail. "You're not here!"

9KmX8eN.jpg
    Look, at least make it a nice postcard.

:-(

• furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    The PS4 clan is definitively staying ghost level. I basically did 75% of the building and research on my own and while I will welcome anyone in who wants to join, it is not feasible to maintain the next higher clan level with 2 active members (3 with the addition of witchsight who is still too new to contribute much). At first I was disappointed to have to make a new clan but reading about the difficulties facing the pc clan I am glad we got a fresh start.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Look, at least make it a nice postcard.

:-(

I'm not spending more than $2 on it though.

JtgVX0H.png
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    *sees 60+ posts in his notification for this thread*

now it makes sense.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Considering we have an alliance set up these days, what exactly is stopping us from from downsizing the main clan, then if people come back and we butt up against the cap again, we upsize one of our however many babby clans? I imagine most of them ought to have clan research handled by now, barring some of the crazier researches.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    If I forma Nidus, I can fit a Blind Rage on.

On the other hand, I'd have to bloody use another forma this is like 7 or 8 in the last three days god dammit.

If I forma him TWICE, I think I can fit a Blind Rage and a Power Drift on...

edited February 2017
    Something that has come to mind a few times but I keep forgetting to share it, we've seen the "oh, this is cyclical, this topic comes up every so often" sentiment shared.

But that assumes the game is static. That it doesn't change, that it's the same debate held for the same reasons.

We know that elements of the game based on clan size and member activity are in the works. They've happened before, and it seems that they may happen again (if not moreso) in the future.

Which means the circumstances around the discussion aren't exactly the same. Last year isn't perfectly comparable to today. I'm not trying to declare the upcoming changes to be massive or far reaching or whatnot, just that the game has changed in the last few months, let alone year, let alone since the Beta.

Neo|Phyte brings up a good point as well. Why get so concerned about dropping from a 300 cap to a 100 cap if we already have a bunch of smaller side guilds in the alliance? Seems that a gathering of smaller clans built around the primary Storm would be more efficient than having a Mountain 'just because' and a pile of Ghosts that are built around one or two members apiece.

Forar on
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    The thing I'm seeing is that there are people who see the clan as a purely game-mechanical thing, and some who are investing it with meaning like "if you're not in THE central/umbrella clan, you're not really part of the group/family/etc."

As someone who just reads this board and isn't really in either, I tend to side with the former and submit that the latter might consider that it's membership in the alliance, and/or posting on this forum, which better defines the social group and is not subject to the harsh and/or inflexible limits the game imposes.

Or, alternatively, if you have to have one huge clan so everyone can be a member of it, fine... but that clan won't ever be able to do anything but serve as a social group, because the research etc requirements are absurd. All the research will get done in the side clans.

Commander Zoom on
    edited February 2017
    For real, whatever your tag happens to be, I don't give even the slightest hint of a shit. You're still cool to me. <3

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • AfterlightAfterlight Registered User regular
    waterSPINACH here, forum lurker and part-time warlord of the clan.

Backing up Forar on the downsize. Like the last time it was brought up, I am in favor of dropping down a size. Also like last time, I share the concerns about how actively we would have to manage the membership list if we did (but that might have been solved by zero giving more invite/kick permissions).

That being said, using another clan in the alliance as overflow might be a solution. However, we might need to make a new one, as I think the others are personal clans.

This game causes me feels.

I have had three days of flawless connectivity.

Now I am back to being stuck trying to get past te "by proceeding" screen on the xbone.

If I tether my phone it will work immediately

The complete lack of information about what goes on and went wrong drives me batty

• DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular

While I agree with this sentiment, I submit the following:
    • There is no mechanism for determining how much someone has contributed to the clan, whether that's in research materials, mod/gear donations, or general help/advice
    • The only visible measurement of longevity or seniority (other than promotion/rank) is, ironically, the number of days you haven't played

Given those points, there's no way for us to tell who "deserves" to be in the clan more. The founder hasn't logged on in 1,000+ days, which is probably about the time that I started playing. Who's contributed more? There's no way to know other than a gut feeling.

If we take this sentiment to its logical extension, that no one should be removed from the clan because they have some right to idle in the inactive roster, it leaves us with three options:

1) When the clan is full, upgrade the clan size. Not an option, IMO, if we ever want to get any research done ever again.
    2) When the clan is full, it stays full. We tell newcomers "too bad, so sad" and they can join one of the other clans in the alliance or start their own. We keep our toys to ourselves and a tiny base of active/returning members is responsible for doing all the work and reaping all the rewards.
    3) When the clan is full, we kick newer members who haven't "contributed" enough. I shouldn't have to even mention how much drama this would cause.

None of those options sounds particularly appealing to me, and the only upside to any of them is that an existing member returning from a long break is saved the trouble of popping in here and asking for a re-invite which would be granted just as quickly as any other invitation.

I would posit instead that the clan exists for the benefit of the people actually playing the game at any given point in time. If there were no membership limits or downsides to clan size I would have no problem with members idling on the inactive roster until the heat-death of the universe. But there are, and they are not trivial. I mean upgrading the clan size yet again is literally asking the active players to work exponentially harder to get stuff for the benefit of people who haven't played in months/years/might never play again.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited February 2017

Now I am back to being stuck trying to get past te "by proceeding" screen on the xbone.

The complete lack of information about what goes on and went wrong drives me batty

I've made my connections better but I still have issues and now I am certain what's left of the problems are not my internal network.
    There is no telling when it comes to where and how their internal structure breaks and I am just as inclined to say their networking code is terrible.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
    edited February 2017
    But isn't the real issue that the longer those older people stay in the clan, because they contributed to older research, the harder newer research becomes for those who are playing?

It hardly seems fair to ask those playing now to make new research harder simply because an older player may come back one day and doesn't want to be bothered to ask for a re-invite.

edit: and just to be clear I'm Xbox side so it doesn't effect me much other than to say we can't get Hema made so I'm just trying to imagine doing it with a larger clan size and it's breaking my brain.

Seidkona on
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    me3-stargazer.jpg

"... and on that day, they decided on a clan charter, and some of the ancients were purged."

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    Speaking of the Hema.

It's a good weapon. I am 4 forma into it and I like it but I would not recommend buying it for plat. That was a slight mistake (at least I had a coupon so it wasn't a huge deal)

Pros: high ammo efficiency, high status chance, Common down to crazy tentacle's status emporium!, a usable burst rifle, looks cool

Cons: why is this damn thing eating health on reload if it's still using ammo?, slow fire rate, slow bullet travel time, slow reload, has a hard time rising to the top without good mod support.

I spent the weekend stuffing forma into that Hek, Kulstar and Nidus. You better believe I'm not using anything else for a damn while.

Nidus is so dreamy.

9KmX8eN.jpg
    Nidus is not a Dragon.

With tentacles like that, I'll address Nidus however sir pleases.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • WIckedkarmaWIckedkarma AustinRegistered User regular
    Any chance I could get an invite into the PC guild. IGN = Wickedkarma

Thanks! ^_^

camo_sig2.png
    Entaru wrote: »
    Nidus is not a Dragon.

With 200% power strength he may as well be...

dporowski wrote: »
    Nidus is not a Dragon.

With 200% power strength he may as well be...

Tentacle monster born from out of time? Yes.

Dragon? No.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Whoops, I only logged on to do one mission and totally forgot to get back on for double xp
    lol

:mad:

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Okay so...

I know someone said be wary of bows but I went ahead and did the Paris MK I anyway because I do what I want (mostly because the other choice was a shotgun).

The very first time I did a powerslide into a group of baddies and pinned 2 to a wall with the same arrow was the moment this game had me hooked. Getting 3 midair headshots with my pistol and then doing a groundslam with my sword was icing on the cake.

jungleroomx on
    Since this thread is almost at 100 pages, do one of y'all want to make a new thread or do you want me to again? I don't mind doing it again at all, but if someone else wants to take a crack at it then by all means help yourself.

JtgVX0H.png

I've made my connections better but I still have issues and now I am certain what's left of the problems are not my internal network.
    There is no telling when it comes to where and how their internal structure breaks and I am just as inclined to say their networking code is terrible.

It is just such a bizarre situation - my network shows as open! Xbox live is very happy with it all, I've opened new ports. Sometimes everything works flawlessly, sometimes it just never logs me in! Using my phone as a hotspot it logs in immediately and without fail but that shows as a Moderate connection.

I diagnose these sorts of issues every day but without logs or useful errors I am blind!

I said fuck it and went ahead and made the new thread. I AM MAD WITH POWAH!

Direct all of your further Warframe posts here while I get a mod to lock this thread.

JtgVX0H.png
This discussion has been closed.