As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - PATV - First 15 – Pit People

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited January 2017 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - PATV - First 15 – Pit People

Ryan and Tycho play a game for 15 minutes and then judge it accordingly. This week they play Pit People.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    jerodastjerodast Registered User regular
    Seems like awesome flavor, but really awkward controls, and also why was the sound randomly on and off? Steam says "early access". Which I guess is marketing speak for "we'll take your money even though it's not really finished and still buggy."

• Options
    ninjabotninjabot Registered User new member
    I think the audio issues were related to the Twitch stream. When they were recording this episode there was no game audio getting through to the stream audience, so I imagine the audio loss was during an attempt to correct that. I've put about 25 hours into this game and have never experienced any audio bugs or crashes.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    This might be my favorite narrator since Crawl.

• Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    So how does local coop work with this game anyone know? It looks pretty rad.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    The Ninth GuardianThe Ninth Guardian Registered User regular
    Oh man the people that made Castle Crashers decided to make Gladius and they can't take my money fast enough.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Oh man the people that made Castle Crashers decided to make Gladius and they can't take my money fast enough.

They also made Battleblock Theater, which leads into this game in a weird kind've way.
    If you want to know why the Bear crashes into the world, you need to watch the ending of Battleblock Theater.

Then you will know. Not understand, just know.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    There's a thread in the youtube comments suggesting that the audio is actually from a second playthrough (that Josh did, presumably) because "I wanted you guys to at least get the cool story bits at the very least."

That said, the stream never got audio at all, and based on said thread, I assume the recording/file didn't get audio either. I'm curious if they did a second First 15 that day since they cancelled the stream after Pit People due to technical issues.

76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Wow, I have to say that I'd decided to pass on this game due to my perceived understanding of the game mechanics. I'm much more into X-com style cover-based ranged tactics rather than most tactical that just have you marching guys out to wail on other guys with no real cover. But watching this makes me WAY more interested (really glad they spliced in that story audio). I may skip Early Access but I'll definitely wishlist it so I can follow it.

• Options
    MIJackelMIJackel Registered User regular
    Does anyone know what headphones they are wearing in this?

• Options
    Joshua_PAJoshua_PA Registered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    Yes, I did play through that section of the game again for the audio, they did not do a second First 15 that day because the equipment basically freaked out on me and I spent the rest of the day fixing it.
    As for the headphones they are Trekz Titanium by Aftershokz and they are bone conduction headphones. With how much we rep them I can't believe we don't have a sponsorship yet.

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Joshua_PA wrote: »
    Yes, I did play through that section of the game again for the audio

Just want to say how much I appreciated that. I really made the First 15 work. I don't think it would have otherwise. You did a great job of it, considering I didn't even guess at how you'd spliced it in until I saw people commenting here.
    As for the headphones they are Trekz Titanium by Aftershokz and they are bone conduction headphones. With how much we rep them I can't believe we don't have a sponsorship yet.

Seriously. It gets asked so much. It's almost like they could pay for the entire First 15 with a little blurb at the end that simply says "The answer to your question is Trekz Titanium by Aftershokz".