As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Name that book/series

telcustelcus Registered User regular
edited November 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Here's one for those with good memories (or better forum searching skills then me).

About a month or so back there was a thread in D&D about a series of books. I browsed it at the time and thought, hmm that seems like a good series to read after I finish this one. Only now that I'm close to finishing my current book I'm having trouble remembering the name of the author or the series.

From what I can remember it was described as an epic fantasy based around some type of massive war. Political intrigue, mysteries and so forth.

The thread seems to have been trimmed from D&D (or I just can't find it through my skimming).

So, if anyone could name that series and the author or even better, find the thread if it still exists I'd be terribly grateful.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
telcus on

• Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm guessing A Song of Ice and Fire.

Either that or Wheel of Time.

Smasher on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Nah, but it was in the same vein as those two.

telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zilozilo Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Raymond Feist, perhaps? He wrote several series based in the same universe, focused on a big war.

zilo on
  • Options
    Baron DirigibleBaron Dirigible Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Baron Dirigible on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Thats the one! Thanks, you get an e-cookie!

Can't believe it was only on page 2!

Mods can lock now

telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]