As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Design Geth's Profile

StericaSterica YesRegistered User, Moderator mod
In case you missed, the Steam thread last holiday season raised over $5,000 for Child's Play in 2016. Incredible! Needless to say, every incentive was soundly beaten, and the thread earned the right to change up the profile of our local robot assistant, Geth. Back in early January I asked for people to submit their avatars, names, signatures, and headers for Geth, with plans for voting to occur before the end of the month.

I got zero submissions.

So I am going to open up submissions to the rest of the forum. You can use this thread to submit any of the aforementioned profile bits, and then we'll put them to a vote and pick the winners. When submitting, keep the following in mind
  1. One post per person, one submission for each of the four categories per post. You don't have to have a submission for each category, and if you suddenly get a get idea for a name or something then just edit it into your post.
  2. Everything must follow the standard rules for profile stuff. Signatures should obey size limits, names should be appropriate for the forum, etc.
  3. Name cannot already be in use. Use the handy at feature to see if your suggested name has been taken.
  4. A header is a background image that appears in every post. The majority of people don't have one, custom headers being an incentive for old donation drives. Keep it simple.
  5. Animated avatars MUST be exactly 80x80 pixels or they will not animate. Regular avatars can be larger, but remember that non-square avatars may look smaller to stay at 80px height or width (whichever is larger).
  6. Mod staff has the final say in what gets approved should the winners create a particularly garish or full of obnoxious profile that would be annoying to look at on a regular basis.
  7. Everything must be submitted by February 19th at 11:59pm EST.
  8. The winners will have their submissions as part of Geth's profile for four months, from March 1st until July 1st!

Have fun!

YL9WnCY.png

• WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    On the one hand, neat.

On the other... Geth is, like, Geth. Not sure what they could be replaced with. Some other cold, unfeeling machine, I guess?

Although... I suppose Tunon, the Adjudicator would make for a good avatar of the soulless enforcement of the rules.

(Also, I don't actually know how to use the handy at feature, so I don't know if that name's already been taken or not. Though I'm guessing not.)

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    On the one hand, neat.
    On the other... Geth is, like, Geth. Not sure what they could be replaced with. Some other cold, unfeeling machine, I guess?
    Although... I suppose Tunon, the Adjudicator would make for a good avatar of the soulless enforcement of the rules.
    (Also, I don't actually know how to use the handy at feature, so I don't know if that name's already been taken or not. Though I'm guessing not.)

To use the Handy @ feature, type the @ symbol, followed by the proposed user name.
    For example, if I start typing @WotanAnubis your name shows up halfway through "Wotan", if the name pops up in the list, it's already taken. @Tunon, The Adjudicator does not pop up, so it's available for use.

• BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Looks like the name belonged to someone banned like 8 years ago but how about
    Wombat
    Like from the icon and the merchandise

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    something based on the fruit fucker would be amusing i think

you could call it the Thread Fucker, or maybe Forum Fucker. An avatar would be easy to find - just go with a fruit fucker pic, maybe slightly modified.

Mod commands could go with the joke. Instead of being like "Geth close the thread" you could say "Threadfucker fuck the thread"

Al_wat on
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    I would like to request that the mod tools remain sort of SFW, so that I don't see "fucker" appearing in bold text in random threads.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Rename it Lady MacGeth and have it respond "out, damned post" to deletions

5gsowHm.png
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Geth should be renamed Jeff. Jeff is a good name (not common enough to be blase, not rare enough to be weird, it's perfect), and it almost rhymes with Geth.

As for an avatar/sig/header, I'll think of something later

• YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Scruffy, the Janitor

On ban/thread lock: "A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld. Well, into the toilet."

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Metal JaredMetal Jared Mulligan Wizard Rhode IslandRegistered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    Scruffy, the Janitor

On ban/thread lock: "A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld. Well, into the toilet."

Second

Scruffy Believes in this company.

Also it's spelled "Terlet"

BattleTag: MetalJared#1756
    PSN: SoulCrusherJared
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    "Scruffy, ban /user."
    "Go, /user. Go, before I beg yer to stay."

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
    despairingly, geth the hedgehog has 0 results

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Geth's avatar should be life.

attJ7uJ.gif

I remember back in the day when we used to be able to remote link avatars, someone (@mcc?) had an avatar or sig that was a basic 64x64 game of life grid that anybody could freely edit. I wish I still had that script hanging around somewhere, but alas. It is very long gone.

Also, Geth should be renamed to Slartibartfast.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • kowikowi Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Geth's avatar should be life.

attJ7uJ.gif

I remember back in the day when we used to be able to remote link avatars, someone (@mcc?) had an avatar or sig that was a basic 64x64 game of life grid that anybody could freely edit. I wish I still had that script hanging around somewhere, but alas. It is very long gone.

Also, Geth should be renamed to Slartibartfast.

Second that.

PSN: kowi - WiiU: kowi - XBL: KoWi - twitch.tv/kowi profile.png - "Yes, Kowi is the King of All" - smilie.png Unbreakable Vow
  • QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    Have it be Queen Elizabeth with the ban tag being 'Our brocade is perfectly regal!'

wbee62u815wj.png
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Does anyone remember Forum 2000? I support Geth being renamed The Cube.

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Maybe tie into the Stranger Days theme of the Holiday Forums, and go with Eleven?

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Name: HK-47.
    Grove wrote: »
    Yeah when Geth kicks somebody or closes a thread it should say, "Declaration: Silence Meatbags"

Quid on
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Who's the guy from The Room that says Oh Hai Mark!

Is it Johnny? Johnny.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Quid wrote: »

Yeah when Geth kicks somebody or closes a thread it should say, "Declaration: Silence Meatbags"

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Name: CROMULON ALPHA
    Avatar: (200px and 80px versions)
    T3GI2zy.png
    yunS3Un.png

Header:
    4qCoruU.png

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Geth name request: Judge Dredd.

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Grove wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »

If anyone else has a suggestion or contribution I'll toss it in to my post at my general discretion.

Quid on
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Rename Geth to HARDAC

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Rename Geth to WOPR
    Avatar to be the computer from War Games
    Response to bans, kicks, and thread shutting:
    A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    Rename Geth to SHODAN
    I have literally nothing else that's productive to add to this convo.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • ImthebOHGODBEESImthebOHGODBEES Registered User regular
    Rename Geth to Igor
    rhyisdlgwo90.jpg

Make sure that any response has a lisp in it (ala Terry Pratchett)
    Yeth mathtah. Thith thread ith clothed.
    Ath you thay mathtah.

Not saying you should somehow make it lisp people's names too, but that would be impressive and awesome.

Do you, in fact, have any builds in this shop at all?
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    I am nominating Samaritan from Person of Interest as the avatar of our forum subjugation:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDBCnAC80Is

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • NoxyNoxy Registered User regular
    Geth should be renamed Jeff. Jeff is a good name (not common enough to be blase, not rare enough to be weird, it's perfect), and it almost rhymes with Geth.

As for an avatar/sig/header, I'll think of something later

You know what they say... "Wrestle with Jeff, prepare for death."

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Am I the first person to think of making Geth into GLaDOS or just the only person still dorky enough to think Portal jokes are funny?

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Name: CROMULON ALPHA
    Avatar: (200px and 80px versions)
    T3GI2zy.png
    yunS3Un.png

Header:
    4qCoruU.png

One possible sig:
    7do1jmw6k26j.jpg

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • JookieJookie Registered User regular
    Geth should totes be a Quarian now.

butts
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Folks, I can't guarantee there will be any changes to Geth's canned responses. That would require an admin to root through his stuff.

YL9WnCY.png
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Well boo.

In that case if we do anything it's going to have to be a bot.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I vote The Machine from Person of Interest

(although really I vote Geth because, I mean, it's Geth)

HappylilElf on
  • TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Samaritan.

The current avatar, but flipped horizontally

CD World Tour status:
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    The current avatar, but flipped horizontally
    You can name it Hteg. :D

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Geth already has two names, one which many know as the Grand Banner of Geese.

But on Critical Failures, we know him by another name.

Minion roll 1d20

Good Minion. NOW BACK TO WORK!

1d20 17 [1d20=17]

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    What if we re-named Geth

uoƃɹoƃoɯǝp

And give it an Upside Down theme?

• jammujammu 2020 is now. Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    New Profile: (removed too political candidate)
    ButtMcButtface

cEoF5ZM.png?1

jammu on
    Ww8FAMg.jpg
This discussion has been closed.