As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Harmonix] New Rock Band peripherals are coming!

• CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    Thanks Obama.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    I remember seeing that custom and being geeked for the possibility. Rock Band happened and I remained positive it could show up.

Then they 'bought themselves' or whatever and started focusing on stuff most likely to actually sell shifting the burden of content onto RBN. Which was foolish since the major labels abandoned the project really quickly making RBN a hive of scum and villainy virtual clearing house of indie indie label metal.

The request page always seemed extra cruel.

• FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2017
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Rockband/comments/5qc12y/january_update_bug_thread/dcxzm00/

Heads up. Using legacy instruments on PS4 may not allow you to play online due to Sony sandboxing them from the main OS.

FyreWulff on
  • ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    god, lazaretto is such a fucking shitty song on drums.

looks like it's only one spotlight song this week for me

Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
    Rock Band 2 export is up for Sony Europe

• JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
    That Cake track is going to be amazing on the bass.

jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Oh! That song...I really need to see The Breakfast Club again...

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    So the Rewind tracks are already in the game for people with the import/exports, correct?

Yes. I think they are just slowly re-licensing selected tracks that were previously available.

jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    Then three of the new songs are cool.

• ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    Not sure how many here are concerned by this, but the Rock Band 2 export is finally out for PS4 users in Europe.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
    Man...this is stupid. Apparently my wife sang a song on Easy with my profile. This is why I was stuck on 898 skill. I didn't notice because I was working on 5 starring a bunch of 4 star songs.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    edited February 2017

rock band VR comes out march 23rd. choice of either Xbox One or PS4 guitar in it's physical versions

FyreWulff on
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Cake's cover of I Will Survive is my favorite cover of anything by anyone

Fuck Yes.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Whelp. I can't play Bass for shit tonight. Someone beat all my terrible scores on the three main songs this week. :(

Fuck it. I'll do my best to sing my way out of Red. Can't do great on the main songs this week but I'll start by 5-staring all the Bruno Mars ones and go from there.

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Whelp. I can't play Bass for shit tonight. Someone beat all my terrible scores on the three main songs this week. :(

Fuck it. I'll do my best to sing my way out of Red. Can't do great on the main songs this week but I'll start by 5-staring all the Bruno Mars ones and go from there.

I almost full cleared Excuse Me Mr. and the middle song on expert bass. Not even trying that Aerosmith song though :P

Also fuck me did they update the chart for Excuse Me Mr. on expert guitar something? I had it gold star'd in RB3 but if that's the same chart I have no idea how I managed that.

also also holy flashbacks to MTV playing music videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it1aZBPuH4w

Step 1: Take a well loved super popular disco song with an empowering message that's been the anthem for many a cause.
    Step 2: Turn it into a super angry alternative rock/punk song.
    Step 3: Add a godlike bass line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KJjVMqNIgA

• jammujammu 2020 is now. Registered User regular
    FyreWulff wrote: »

rock band VR comes out march 23rd. choice of either Xbox One or PS4 guitar in it's physical versions

Is... is there a notetrack somewhere in the game? How does drumming work?

That looks fun, but does it play fun as well?

Ww8FAMg.jpg
    jammu wrote: »
    My understanding, based on the earlier preview they gave, is that:
    * There is a note track mode, but it is not the default one.
    * This game is guitar only, with a special guitar peripheral.

JonBob wrote: »
    jammu wrote: »
    My understanding, based on the earlier preview they gave, is that:
    * There is a note track mode, but it is not the default one.
    * This game is guitar only, with a special guitar peripheral.

So what you're saying is that HMX hates drummers.

and vocalists

And, from what I've seen, guitarists. I have not seen any compelling gameplay on display, though I'm sure it's a novel experience for a short time.

Rock Band VR doesn't have drums or vocals.

You can use PS4 or Xbox One guitars. The HW bundle for VR makes you choose either a PS4 or Xbone guitar.

Yeah, I guess it'd be more accurate to call it Guitar Hero VR, but that'd be kinda difficult...

I'm looking forward to the game, but I don't expect it to be something I'll want to play for an hour or two at a time; it'll be a fifteen-minute VR snack before I play some more Elite Dangerous, and I'm perfectly okay with it being that.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
    Where the hell is this week's Rock Band DLC, PSN?

FYI

Don't You Forget About Me: DIY stems
    I Will Survive - no stems
    Want to Want Me - full stems

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Stems is referring to how the audio tracks are split up per instrument, so that if a player misses a note on one it can be muted in isolation. Full stems means each instrument is truly isolated and can be muted appropriately, no stems means they kinda just mute the whole song, and DIY is somewhere in the middle where they make an attempt at isolating a particular instrument.

Oh brilliant
  • jammujammu 2020 is now. Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    Rock Band VR doesn't have drums or vocals.

You can use PS4 or Xbox One guitars. The HW bundle for VR makes you choose either a PS4 or Xbone guitar.

That's makes it easy choice. I have only 360 instruments.

jammu on
    Ww8FAMg.jpg
    I know what stems are. I didn't understand the context.

edited February 2017
    That's this week's DLC.

Don't You Forget About Me has what appears to be Guitar/Bass/Drums on the same track. So when you whammy it makes some unworldly sound because you're also whammying the snare (which I guess is harder to get out of the other frequencies than the kick). This issue seems to be gone at certain parts when you're playing keys, so it appears keys was somewhat separated.

I Will Survive is straight up no separate whatsoever. Miss a note and the entire song muffles. It does have a bass solo, though.

FyreWulff on
    Getting Gold Starts on expert vocals is hard. Just barely missed it first try on I Will Survive. :(

Two quick questions:
    1) Can any of you recommend good songs for practicing HOPO on bass?
    2) Are RB4 characters on PS4 saved on the console only? I gave my old PS4 to some friends for Christmas, and they first created PS4 accounts on my PS4 Pro, created Rock Band characters on it linked to their accounts, but it seems they can't access those characters at home now. I'd been hoping that people can take their characters with them when they play elsewhere.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    The one Muse song is good for bass HOPO.

edited February 2017
    Thirith wrote: »
    2) Are RB4 characters on PS4 saved on the console only? I gave my old PS4 to some friends for Christmas, and they first created PS4 accounts on my PS4 Pro, created Rock Band characters on it linked to their accounts, but it seems they can't access those characters at home now. I'd been hoping that people can take their characters with them when they play elsewhere.

Characters are linked to the save data. They'd have to upload/download their saves to/from the cloud. Edit: Or USB it, but that's much slower.

vagrant_winds on
    Does it have to be bass? If it's just HOPOs I'd recommend Blue Sky. It's just one long solo that's pretty fun.

Thanks for the answers and suggestions!

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg