As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Everquest] Progression Server Phinigel - 90 days each expansion

PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
i know that EQ is mostly dead but back on December 9th, Day Break Games started a new server (requires subscription) that is doing the content (zones) as they were released in 90 day increments. The server is currently in Classic zones and Kunark will launch first week of March. If you played in days gone past, it's not 100% the same but it's a lot of fun. The server has a pretty healthy population with some nice features like instancing if a zone gets too crowded. Tanks and Healers are still the most needed classes with Enchanters probably right behind with how useful they are.

I play later at night Mountain Time Zone on a bard named Pail if you hop on and need questions answered.

This article answers a lot of questions.
https://www.everquest.com/news/phinigel-true-box-progression-server-dec-9-2015

• Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Friends of mine play on this server. Haven't played EQ, but I hear it's really fun.

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    This is interesting.

This was a thing I actually played back in like.. Middle school or something! Memories!

Maybe I'll give this a go.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JediNightJediNight Registered User regular
    I was playing on Ragefire and my guild moved to Phinegal, but I'm not going to reroll again after all that work to get to L60 and most of my epic completed. Are they ever going to allow transfers to Phinegal?

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Kunark releases today. Might drop in for a bit. It was my favorite times.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    FYI there is currently (until April 1st) bonus XP on all servers, including Phinigel, so if you were thinking of coming back, doing so while the experience gain is 170% of its usual amount is probably the right time.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    Heh, been thinking about EQ again due to current mmo events. Not really super interested in one of these progression servers (maybe if I got in at the ground floor) but it's kinda interesting I suppose. I'm a lot more mature (read: willing to group with people) than I was 15 years ago when I was playing EQ.

How healthy are the servers nowadays?

• Options
    kowikowi Registered User regular
    Nice informative article.

PSN: kowi - WiiU: kowi - XBL: KoWi - twitch.tv/kowi profile.png - "Yes, Kowi is the King of All" - smilie.png Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    I'm not jumping back in myself, but I'm told there will be a new progression server starting in the next few days or so with fairly casual friendly EXP, 3 months between expansions and sounds like it will have a good population.

Expansions unlocking 3 months after the previous one is beaten I think, and code in place to prevent multiboxing. It sounds like they've also fixed a lot of the issues from previous progression servers like mage pets being ridiculously powerful.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185