As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

How to Calculate My Grade

SoonerManSoonerMan Registered User regular
edited November 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
So my university uses an online thing that lets us track our grades and stuff online. Problem is it doesn't tell us what it is. I was trying to do that myself and well I figured I got a 94. Wow, I was surprised because I had done poorly on exams...

Oh ya. I forgot to weigh them correctly. But how do I do this? With a set total of say... 161/200 and its supposed to be weighed 40%, how do I make it count for that much more and adjust my other grades accordingly? Such as 280/300 being worth around 20% or so?

thanks.

Rah, Oklahoma! Rah, Oklahoma! Rah, Oklahoma~! O-K-U!
SoonerMan on

• Options
    blanknogoblanknogo Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    (161/200)*40 = 32.2%

So out of a possible 40% you earned 32.2% toward your final mark.

Hope that helps.

blanknogo on
  • Options
    imperial6imperial6 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Well...you'd take 280/300 on a calculator and then multiply by 0.2 (which is 20 percent) and save your answer. Then do the same thing for all your other grades (161/200 x 0.4) and add the result of each. Those percentages should add up to 100% so you get your grade out of 100%. Anyway yeah explaining math to Sooners, don't let any Huskers find out k? :) Good luck against Mizzou.

imperial6 on
  • Options
    SoonerManSoonerMan Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Haha, I was afraid my name might get some jokes thrown my way. But thanks to both of you and trust me, we'll need it if we play as sloppy as we have been at times.

EDIT: Alas, it helps to read the syllabus and realize that there are a total of 1000 points in the course. Guess how it was laid out in the D2L site? For 100 points. I thought I was miscalculating my grade by realizing I only need a 75 for an A in the course, but hey. Its the truth. Thanks again.

SoonerMan on
    Rah, Oklahoma! Rah, Oklahoma! Rah, Oklahoma~! O-K-U!