As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

No Point In Giving Me Advice, Why Can't You Just [Let It Die]

• Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    Being on the winning side in a fight gets you a decent amount of currency, plus the currency you get for winning each raid.

You know, assuming that you don't die instantly to a bullshit defender with a sniper rifle and three star iron

Do you lose anything for failing a raid? Equipment, money?

Also, do you lose anything when you send your extras out as hunters?

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Your hunters can have their non-store-bought equipment broken.

If you raid and die, you lose everything on that character.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »

If you raid and die, you lose everything on that character.

Including stickers, which it took me an embarrassingly long time to realise

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    I just realised that if I use one of these 1-day Express passes that you sometimes get, that I get 10 more Death Bag Slots... That's 10 more shrooms to use in the fight against Jin-Die F26! There is hope yet!

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I love Suda51's brand of insanity.

Did you play The Silver Case? That's him on full tilt.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Jin-Die F26 and Mr. Crowley F30 down! :biggrin:

I carefully ventured into F31, managed to get some new materials, found a purple escalator that went to F34, so I took it, stood before a gate with a lock on the other side, but hey! New quests unlocked! Went back to F31, took the elevator down.

I had picked up two blueprints, and hey! Pork Chopper and Masamune! :biggrin:
    I had 5 black DOD metals which I couldn't use, but the Pork Chopper needed them, so yay! :biggrin:

But I'm almost out of Bullet Metal :mad: I have to look between the easier "climb" quests whether any of them reward Bullet Metal.

Among the new quests were "10 successive kills with Nailgun" and "with Hockeystick" which gave me my two first red metals! Iknow I've found Steel on F31, if I can find 2 copper there too, I can make an upgraded Iron1 :biggrin:

I guess the mid-boss on F31/32 is the one that unlocks the rank 5 fighters? I noticed there was a little intro movie in the Mother Barbs jukebox, but it didn't say much...

Anyhow, VERY happy that I used that 1-day Express Pass for 10 extra slots of shrooms (slow-shrooms and moar-dmg-shrooms) :razz:

• Options
    ImperatorXXVImperatorXXV Registered User regular
    Currently on floor 30 and have not spent a single cent on the game. I feel guilty with how awesome of a time I'm having for free. Will be supporting the game financially after I can beat it for sure.

r7r7a0.gif
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Jin-Die F26 and Mr. Crowley F30 down! :biggrin:

I carefully ventured into F31, managed to get some new materials, found a purple escalator that went to F34, so I took it, stood before a gate with a lock on the other side, but hey! New quests unlocked! Went back to F31, took the elevator down.

I had picked up two blueprints, and hey! Pork Chopper and Masamune! :biggrin:
    I had 5 black DOD metals which I couldn't use, but the Pork Chopper needed them, so yay! :biggrin:

But I'm almost out of Bullet Metal :mad: I have to look between the easier "climb" quests whether any of them reward Bullet Metal.

Among the new quests were "10 successive kills with Nailgun" and "with Hockeystick" which gave me my two first red metals! Iknow I've found Steel on F31, if I can find 2 copper there too, I can make an upgraded Iron1 :biggrin:

I guess the mid-boss on F31/32 is the one that unlocks the rank 5 fighters? I noticed there was a little intro movie in the Mother Barbs jukebox, but it didn't say much...

Anyhow, VERY happy that I used that 1-day Express Pass for 10 extra slots of shrooms (slow-shrooms and moar-dmg-shrooms) :razz:

You're going to have to get through 2 minibosses before getting rank 5s. The one on 31 is a new type

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I love that the environments change as you ascend.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    You're going to have to get through 2 minibosses before getting rank 5s. The one on 31 is a new type
    I managed to crawl to floor 33 and reach its elevator, then went a floor to a place where a mini-boss should be, because I found this little green garden circle which looked suspiciously like a boss arena, and I said "nope, gonna head back, because I am stuffed with these lovely new raw materials and these 2 blueprints... I also noticed a F34 floor with a boss, so I guess those are the mini-boss floors?

But first: "Go forth, my expedition minions, to the highest floors you can get to get me lovely SPLithium.I need it for my 3 Star Death Burner Iron that I have the materials for." And yeah, I also need SPLithium for Pork Chopper +2 :wink:

I've been stuffing these invincibility shrooms in my vault, they seem useful :razz:

I'm happy I have a few death metals, because past 30 a rez can be nice when you accidentaly roll off a skyscraper :whistle:

Or that one time, when I got smacked of a building, thought "I'm dead for sure", landed on a tiny scaffold, sighed a big sigh of relief, and then a Mk-4 Bone Tuber jumped next to me on the tiny scaffold. It did not end well for me :eek: Those moments it's good to say "Yeah, I'll take that insurance, just this time".

• Options
    Warning: If you eat a Lifeshroom in preparation for a raid, the effect goes away after the raid even if it wasn't used

• Options
    So my expedition flunkies brought me plenty of SPLithium and stuff, and I know am the proud manufacturer of the 3-star Deat.h Burner Iron and a Pork Chopper +3 :biggrin:

And one of them brought along a "Fun Shroom". :eek: :biggrin:

Does that do what I think it does? Can I got onto a high floor, smack people about and pray for 4-star gear, fiery machetes and other stuff, and then magically repair that all? :twisted:

And Mushroom Lady gave me a premium Giant Killer decal (you gain 30% more attack when fighting enemies 5 levels higher than you). I think that might be useful on higher floors too :tell_me_more:

• Options
    One of my expedition flunkies brought back this:
    8a64ph8t1sbs.jpg
    5-star equipment? Is this an upgraded version of the Priest's hat, or can this thing be upgraded to a 6-star?
    :eek:

• Options
    That hat has more defence than my body armour

I've finally used one of my one-day passes to start farming Goto-9. I currently have to go to the floor above it and take the elevator down to avoid a level 101 Fighter with a flaming sword. My sneak attack barely moved her health bar.

• Options
    Are you farming F11, or F23? Because on F11, the hater does not always spawn near the beginning, more often it can be found in the pit with the crabs further on. Also, after an hour that one specific hater will probably have returned home.

The priest's coat is a good thing to upgrade; and the black metal can be farmed from F23 Goto, and the +4 Priest Robe S is 600+ defense, which helps a lot!

• Options
    F11. The Hater spawned between me and Goto-9 the first time, so I didn't want to take any chances.

With liberal use of running away and a few Death Metals, I was able to get up to the next elevator after Jin-Die 2, so tomorrow before my Express Pass runs out I'm going to see how much further I can get. My gear is almost all levelled as far as it can go with the current materials available, so it's time to take the hint and keep climbing.

• Options
    Have you killed Jin-Die on F16 yet? Because that is the thing that allows you to create rank 3 characters if I'm not mistaken...

Although if you meet level 100 hunters, don't they appear when you're rank 4?

• Options
    I think all of the Level 100+ Haters I'm seeing are being sent as Hunters, rather than just hanging around - the highest level mid-boss I've killed is Jin-Die on F16, so my Collector and Striker are both Tier 3.

• Options
    I just got a Golden Bird from Uncle Death's Every-20-hours-cardboard-box.
    I guess if a fresh level 5 kills that, he instantly is leveled to max level, as this is the highest level of beast you can get?

Oh, and Rhesus Positive, what's your PSN name, so that I don't accidentaly send a hunter after you ;-)

• Options
    It's Rhesus Posiwaaaaait a minute...

Just cracked Level 20 this morning. Got me some new blueprints for Hard Puncher armour and that Elm Street glove thing, so it's back to grinding for Wire Mountains and green metals before I dare venture past Level 21.

I've got a day off tomorrow so I should be able to get good use out of a one-day pass for some raids on the higher levels.

• Options
    F21 Akami is pretty doable; F22 Kawabe can however be quite brutal...

The Haters/Hunters spawn on Akami basically on 2 places: either when you go to the left out of the elevator, back to the entrance; they'll either hop over the fence, or attack you as soon as you go underneath the pavillion.
    If you go to the right towards the area with the boatload of tubers, there's a little room below which is a trap room; it will either spawn one or two screamers, or a Hater/Hunter, that will attack the second screamer.

If you managed to open all the doors on F21 Akami, you can basically go to the right and up, without ever encountering a Hunter/Hater, so it's a reasonably safe area.

It's also a good area to send expeditions to, because the Hunter/Haters seldomly get spawned, which means that your expedition member doesn't die and will return with lots of goodies.

On F22 Kawabe, the Hunters/Haters spawn most of the time either on the long bridge area, or on the big round place with the boxes. Beware of the caroussel with the Bone Tubers, because they are dicks! The reason F22 Kawabe will be known intimately, is that there is a trap area with a white box in a dead end. As soon as you open the box, a screamer with a Steel Axe and 2 Bone Tubers will spawn. Most of the time I jump on the haybale/ledge, and focus on the screamer; and while you hit it, you might hit the bone tuber(s) too. If you're afraid, eat a slowshroom (if you don't find any, your expedition members on floor 21+ will find lots).

The chest drops black metals most of the time, so it is your main farming spot; if you're unlucky, you'll get a green metal (= acceptable) or a metal bat or some money (= unacceptable). Black Metals are the lovely metals needed to upgrade any 3-star equipment (except for the 3-stars that we're made from 1-star equipments).

If you're lucky tomorrow, you might be able to bypass F23 via a sidepath (there's quite a tough boss there, especially with low level equipment), the sidepath goes from F21/22 to F27 to F29 or something like that. If you have that Triptazine or something you got for free you can make it back easily. But you can use it as a suicide mission, because as soon as you bypassed that F23 boss you will unlock rank 4 characters, which will make life easier on the lower 20s floors. However, you might meet lvl.100 haters/hunters all the time, which are VERY scary when leveling up.

Good luck!

• Options
    I will have that post open while I play tomorrow, thank you :)

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Oh, and if an enemy drops a spear/lance, L2 is your friend; you make a big stab forward with it (R2 is a horizontal sweep; luckily for us, the AI always uses the R2 move and never the L2 move).

Mass of Iron Bolts is your 3-star Wire Mountain, and therefore very important; Copper Wire Mountain is very important too (the Nail Gun, the Cleaver Saber, they need it, and they are very useful weapons).
    Rosewood is not that important, don't carry tons of those back home.

I would say that the Cleaver Saber is THE weapon to create first, because it is fast, it is stabby stabby AND has a slight area effect.

F22 Kawabe is a bit of a shit level as it is huge and has 4 escalators; even now with a 4-star fully equipped character, I am shitting my pants, when I'm looking for the trap room and of course it's in the last corridor and I'm praying that I won't hear the Jackal alarm.

Just beware the long bridge and the big round place with boxes, as they often have 4 screamers and possibly a hunter/hater;the big round place though, often has 4-5 pieces of material lying around, while in the water u der the bridge there might be one or two pieces of material.

EDIT: one of the escalators up from F22 Kawabe goes to F23 Echizen-Jima; this is the floor with the big boss that you need to beat if you want to progress (unless the side-path is active). You do have to go through the whole level before you find the elevator. If you exit the elevator and go to the right, you see a gate with a small arena and 4 boxes; do not enter it, that the boss arena. As soon as you have the elevator, you can simply go to F23 and directly go fight the boss (a bit like F3 Coen). So you should definitely be able to get to F23 and unlock the elevator tomorrow.

I think I have spent the majority of the game between F21 and F22 farming (although now I am in the F31-33 scenario :wink: )

Corporal Carl on
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I've unlocked the escalator for F23, but even with my new three star sniper rifle I'm barely making a dent. Cost me 66k to get my Fighter back, too.

Time to grind.

Edit: oh shit, I think I see the bypass you mentioned!

Edit2: crapsticks, it's blocked off. Back to grinding.

Rhesus Positive on
  • Options
    I think the latest patch has blocked the bypass off; I looked today at the map, saw the road, but suddenly two green locks were on it, which weren't there before...

So you'll have to defeat Goto the hard way...

Before entering the arena, shoot the wooden boxes with a rifle; throw three gambleshrooms all over the arena; if you damage Goto enough he'll glow and go eat, heal a bit, but he'll sit down for a little while, ready to wail on him.
    Also, eat plenty of scorpion shrooms (you can all eat them consecutively, it adds the time all up); and with expeditions on 20+ floors you'll get the slowshrooms which are immensely useful.

If someone accidentaly drops a Pork Chopper, don't use it, but put it in your bank so that if you are going to tackle Goto, you'll have a very hard hitting weapon. And yes, I almost used up all my weaponry on F23 Goto the first time...

But in the end you'll be farming the trap point in F22 Kawabe quite a lot; it'll allow you to make the 3-star weapons/gear.

I'm not too fond of the claws, my arms/reach seems way shorter than when I punch barefisted. And missing inthis game often means dying.

Have you found any interesting blueprints yet?

• Options
    Or... I could wail on him with no real finesse while sped up and invisible, and eat a couple of Lifeshrooms and burn a Death Metal to survive :P

Tier 4 Collector time!

I've got blueprints for the welding gun, flame wand (although I think I picked that up Day 1 from the daily rewards), cleaver sabre, bloody pitching machine, hard puncher head and pants, and the Agamemnon armour. Although now I'm grinding a new Fighter it will be a while before I have the stats for any of them.

• Options
    The Cleaver Saber is an amazing weapon, the others, um, not so much...

I believe today is also F13 Okusa day, so you should be able to find 3 gold snails there, ideal for stomping and gaining XP fast for your lowbies who don't dare to go anywhere yet...

Welcome to the big grinding part of the game...

• Options
    edited February 2017
    You can just eat gold critters for xp, you don't have to stomp them

Edit: though I guess your way you get the shroom out of it so maybe it's better

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
  • Options
    Yeah, I'd drip them in the waiting room and stomp them there. And the golden snailshroom was very useful for me against F30 Mr. Crowley, because I was immune for 10 minutes after eating 5 of them :biggrin:

• Options
    Managed to beat the boss on F32 (nothing was dropped :bigfrown: ), tried to find my way to F34, but it was blocked off by a red door; managed to get around, but ended up on F36 first, where it did NOT want to fight a boss, as my healing/armor/weapons started to deplete...

Ended up on F34, accidentaly triggered the boss, but I only had 1 invincibilty shroom, 1 slowshroom and 1 uncooked scorpionshroom. Managed to get him to half his life and then the game crashed with a blue screen :bigfrown:

I would have died anyway, as I barely had any health left, and without any shrooms fighting in that confined space would not end well.

So I apologize if my orange version on F34 kills you, because I was wielding a 4-star saber and a 5-star bowling ball (which I repaired with a Fun Fungus).

Apparently it is 210K to rez me from there, but my bank max is currently at 160K... And I was carrying 2 new blueprints...

However, I could create my first 5-star character, which I did, andafter 5 golden snails, 1 golden rat, a golden turtle, 2 golden pillbugs and a gold bird I was fully leveled up :biggrin:

I have 13K life! Which is sweet.

But sadly orange hunters have 10K+ life too, and they take a while to kill (especially since there are constantly blocking). So I think I will be exploring with a couple of slowshrooms on me at all times...

• Options
    That F34 boss arena is a sneaky one

Steam ID
  • Options
    Has anyone found a lance/spear blueprint? Because that weapon is missing from my blueprint collection, and I have a bounty that gives me a red medal if I kill everyone with a spear on a certain floor. Sadly, that floor is reasonably high, so I probably need an upgraded lance, but yeah, I can't make one...

Or is this blueprint only found in the wandering shop?

• Options
    So the game changes a bit when you're rank 5.

Because you will meet orange haters from level 100-125, and when you kill them, they give you almost 1000 SPLithium.
    If you traverse a few levels, you rack up quite some SPLithium.
    But you can't always use it up! So when you are on a materials hunt, your waiting room will get attacked...
    The same goes if you want to do some shopping in the wandering shop (they sell bullet metals!); you need to get your cash out of your rewards box, and then go out; with loads of money and SPLithium in your bank, you attract quite some annoying people...

And those Haters? They take and pack quite a punch. I have this 4-star Pork Chopper and Saber repaired with a fun shroom, just for "hater dispatching", because all my other weapons simply don't do enough damage...
    I also re-equipped my Poison Master decal because those poison bats/claws/choppers are annoying, and I do not mind some free heals...

So now I really need to focus on making my own Pork Chopper and Saber 4-star, that's a priority...

• Options
    I think lance blueprint only drops in the upper 30s

Steam ID
  • Options
    I think lance blueprint only drops in the upper 30s
    So it's probably one of the blueprint my dead character is carrying :eh:

Well, I only need a 48k SPLithium upgrade for my bank and then I can have enough money in my bank to resurrect her :lol:

(I do hope that one of the blueprints she's carrying is the bowling ball, I like that weapon)

• Options
    edited February 2017
    I'd just scrap that character (it's only rank 4 right?). Getting over 150k gold is a pain, you just start losing so much from raids while you're out farming. When I wanted to get a bunch of SPlithium for upgrades I'd get it from raiding, which had the bonus of it impossible to be raided while I was farming. The blueprints will probably all end up being duplicates just to fuck with you

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
  • Options
    I spent 80k on getting a Tier 3 Fighter back solely to peel the Poison Eater decal off her stomach

Considering that permanent decals are 50k and random, it seemed a pretty good deal

• Options
    edited February 2017
    you would have gotten the premium decal back if you killed or scrapped the character

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
  • Options
    Ah, but I still have around 140K in money in my reward box, in packets of 10K/20K/40K from bounties en TDM bonuses... And she was fully loaded with materials, including Bullet Metal, which basically never seems to drop (I killed maybe over 100 bullet tubers today, but no drops)...

Tomorrow I'll be going for U-10; I killed him twice but nothing dropped :bigfrown: and I need two red MILK metals for my Saber upgrade to 4 stars...

And that Pork Chopper needs an insane amount of Bullet metals :bigfrown:
    So I'm hoping that I can get lucky withthe traveling store because they at least sell bullet metal...

• Options
    ImperatorXXVImperatorXXV Registered User regular
    Secret shop sells all metals now based on its floor location. Black, alloy etc.

r7r7a0.gif