As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

East 2017 Hotel Partners and Hotel Discussion

• Options
    robirexrobirex BostonRegistered User regular
    NFG wrote: »
    robirex wrote: »
    Getting a 403 Forbidden error on OnPeak. Anyone else seeing that?

Maybe it's been fixed in the past 5 minutes? But OnPeak is functioning normally for me, just checked!

Hmm...I'm getting that 403 Forbidden message on multiple computers at home and at work over the past few days. I thought it would go away by now, but I'm concerned since others are not having the issue. I am accessing the link that is on the PAX East website. Anyone have an idea of another way to access OnPeak or any troubleshooting I can do?

6pq9je4.png
  • Options
    It's a strange issue. I'm getting the 403 Forbidden message at home and at work. Others at work get through the website. Some cannot. I can get on the website on my phone or my tablet, but it's certainly not ideal. I guess it may be a DNS error. I've contacted the OnPeak website for assistance. No idea how to troubleshoot this any further though or if I am even contacting the right place. Although surely PAX would like to assist someone who is having an issue with one of their partners? Let me know if I should be reaching out somewhere else. Thanks all!

6pq9je4.png
  • Options
    NFGNFG NintendoFanGirl Registered User regular
    Sorry to say I have no clue what your 403 Forbidden issue would be; I would try clearing your cache and restarting your browser, or opening an incognito window and try to access OnPeak through there. Assuming you've already tried these though.

Renaissance is currently showing an open room (one-bed) for all days.

S2ieAvx.png
  • Options
    NFG wrote: »
    Sorry to say I have no clue what your 403 Forbidden issue would be; I would try clearing your cache and restarting your browser, or opening an incognito window and try to access OnPeak through there. Assuming you've already tried these though.

Renaissance is currently showing an open room (one-bed) for all days.

Thanks for the update. Yeah, I've tried several troubleshooting options. I've turned off my firewall and all security, cleared browser cache, and just tried opening an incognito window. No luck. Additionally, I've contacted my ISP and there is nothing on their end that would prevent me from accessing any websites. I reached out to OnPeak because it would seem as though my IP address and the one from my work were blocked or they have blocked an ISP from gaining access to their website. What muddy's the water is that others at work are able to get to the website without issue. No clue as to why this would be the case, but I hope this doesn't lead to the same dead end. I called OnPeak, but they do not have an IT staff on hand that takes phone calls. If anyone else has any idea, please let me know.

6pq9je4.png
  • Options
    craiolacraiola MARegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    There's currently a 2 bed Wed-Sat available at the renaissance on OnPeak

EDIT: (4:17PM) And it's gone

craiola on
    DXLJjjr.png
  • Options
    jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    Some rooms just opened up at the Seaport and Renaissance. Only the Renaissance had quad/quad rooms wed thru sunday so I snagged one quad/quad for thur thru sun and cancelled my reservation at the Omni. Wanted to let you guys know.

• Options
    RhileyRhiley Registered User regular
    Those igloo bars look amazing! I'd be down for a field trip there one night

2013 Prime Omeganaut
  • Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    Rhiley wrote: »
    Those igloo bars look amazing! I'd be down for a field trip there one night

I'm up for a field trip...igloos open at 4!

• Options
    Looks like fun! I bet itd be fun for Thursday night :)

DXLJjjr.png
  • Options
    Canderson1989Canderson1989 Registered User regular
    The Seaport and Renaissance hotels are back up. Just a heads up friends.

• Options
    AmycusAmycus Registered User regular
    Hi friends,

I'm mostly a lurker here, but just wanted to add in something. I've been checking OnPeak and Trivago religiously for the last couple weeks.

The Renaissance and Seaport seem to be intermittently available. Seaport costs more on Trivago but readily seems to have a room available. I've seen it go off and on at the OnPeak site. Renaissance is more or less the same. I have yet to see Aloft or Element actually available *anywhere*

However, don't give up hope yet. Today I snagged a room from the Westin Waterfront...on OnPeak. Just keep checking regularly and cross your fingers.

• Options
    There is currently a single bedded Westin Room for Thurs-Sat available on Onpeak

DXLJjjr.png
  • Options
    BigDumbHippyBigDumbHippy Registered User regular
    if you're going to dump some single rooms let me know"

• Options
    rats, almost had a double bedded westin but someone beat me to it during checkout! I'll be sure to let anyone know if I'm dropping any of my singles (if I manage to get the doubles I need)

DXLJjjr.png
  • Options
    ForcefedfleshForcefedflesh Registered User new member
    Just if anyones looking for a decent hotel price...
    I signed up for 4 nights, as it's also quite cheaper doing so at the Bostom Omni Parker House Hotel.
    They have a few single rooms still available at fair prices for only being about a mile away.

First time pax south this year, and decided what the hell and go to pax east and this ended up what I went with. Not going to fight for a closer hotel :D

https://www.hotels.com/hotel/details.html?q-check-out=2017-03-13&tab=description&hotel-id=109368&q-room-0-adults=1&YGF=14&q-check-in=2017-03-09&MGT=4&WOE=1&WOD=4&ZSX=0&SYE=3&q-room-0-children=0

• Options
    GhostDanGhostDan Registered User regular
    Omni parker is a good hotel. Just keep in mind those 'petite' rooms really are. Many of them wont' have room to have someone sleep on the floor.

• Options
    ForcefedfleshForcefedflesh Registered User new member
    edited February 2017
    GhostDan wrote: »
    Omni parker is a good hotel. Just keep in mind those 'petite' rooms really are. Many of them wont' have room to have someone sleep on the floor.

Yeah, I'm going solo, if someone wants to spoon I know down there, they're stuck being little spoon :biggrin:

Id just rather let people know options like this and saving a bit by going for 4 days saves a bit of money too, and fairly close.

Forcefedflesh on
  • Options
    One bedded Element and Seaport rooms are currently up on onpeak grab them while you can.

DXLJjjr.png
  • Options
    Samurai_KittySamurai_Kitty PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    One bedded Seaport still available. Also Renaissance has one bedded available whole weekend, and two-bedded for some nights.

• Options
    mayapplemayapple TennesseeRegistered User regular
    The sent the notice for people to drop duplicate reservations today. Should see some movement. Also means that reservations are getting prepped to be moved.

e6txb8m8cavf.png

• Options
    Now there's a single bed aloft Thursday - Saturday up for those looking

DXLJjjr.png
  • Options
    _jnup_jnup Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Has any double beds at Aloft pop up at all?

Feel free to follow me: https://twitter.com/_jnup
  • Options
    _jnup wrote: »

someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think double beds were ever offered for aloft/element this year. I had an elusive 2bed element last year so I know they exist in the hotel itself. Just not on onpeak.

DXLJjjr.png
  • Options
    DisposableLemurDisposableLemur Registered User regular
    craiola wrote: »
    _jnup wrote: »

someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think double beds were ever offered for aloft/element this year. I had an elusive 2bed element last year so I know they exist in the hotel itself. Just not on onpeak.

Double beds were available for Aloft, but not Element. I have a double at Aloft that I need a Thursday and Sunday stay for. It's looking unlikely.

• Options
    PotatoemanPotatoeman Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Got the emails as well- I believe cut off dates are around the 12th/14h, I remember seeing some at work. I wouldn't wait that long tho. I just can't get that Sunday at the Westin:/

Potatoeman on
  • Options
    I think we'll be seeing a lot of movement this week since the emails went out. Already seen a lot go up today. No westin though.

DXLJjjr.png
  • Options
    RazrswordRazrsword Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    There were a good number of openings yesterday at the close hotels though they're all gone currently.
    An Aloft double Thursday-Sunday opened last night. An Element Friday-Sunday opened as well. I wouldn't be too worried if you didn't get your room yet. There was a lot of movements yesterday including Seaport, Element, Aloft, and Westin (there was a Saturday double)

Razrsword on
    pSX3QHI.png
  • Options
    yep there's currently a seaport single up as well and has been for most of the morning.

DXLJjjr.png
  • Options
    LejicLejic Registered User regular
    I managed to get Westin 10-12 yesterday, but I need 9-13. At least one of them. Being in Westin isn't worth it to haul all my things over twice... Fingers crossed, I'll keep checking.

• Options
    hobbseltoffhobbseltoff Issaquah, WARegistered User regular
    Staying with friends so I cancelled my Aloft Seaport registration, Thurs-Sun.

row1.pngrow2.png
  • Options
    theadman2315theadman2315 PhillyRegistered User regular
    I guess nobody is using the cheap alternative of AirBNB?

Chickens can fly
    I've seen it
  • Options
    Canderson1989Canderson1989 Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    The Aloft is back up. Go Go Go!!!

Edit: Renaissance and Seaport hotels are now up as well.

Canderson1989 on
  • Options

I did look at AirBnB but honestly the places were around the same price a night and much further away. Plus my group is 18 people and finding multiple places would have been difficult.

DXLJjjr.png
  • Options
    theadman2315theadman2315 PhillyRegistered User regular
    craiola wrote: »

I did look at AirBnB but honestly the places were around the same price a night and much further away. Plus my group is 18 people and finding multiple places would have been difficult.

there are options to rent a whole house on airbnb

Chickens can fly
    I've seen it
  • Options
    I looked at those 2. They had hard limits of 6 to 8 people were further away from the bcec and more expensive. But that's just my experience

DXLJjjr.png
  • Options
    jester44jester44 Registered User regular
    Does anyone know the cutoff date to make changes before the info's transferred from OnPeak to the hotel itself?

• Options
    RazrswordRazrsword Registered User regular
    Jester, "If you need to make any changes or cancellations to your reservation on or before 02/15/2017," so after the 15th it's through the hotel at least for the Element.

pSX3QHI.png
  • Options
    NFGNFG NintendoFanGirl Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Friday/Saturday singles and Monday double open at the Westin right now gogogo

Edit: Also Friday/Saturday at the Element

NFG on
    S2ieAvx.png
  • Options
    Do a lot of people hold multiple reservations? Makes me wonder if people would be interested in swapping reservations through a Discord or something. Posting what they have and what they would want/settle for. Then, dropping and picking up the reservations at the exact same time lol. Risky, but it would get people to drop their extra reservations. I would imagine OnPeak will try to put an end to that practice eventually. Would anyone be interested in something like that if I set it up?

6pq9je4.png