As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Enter the Gungeon: That's when I reach for my revolver

• LutExIVLutExIV Thieves Guild Chairman In the ShadowsRegistered User regular
    Just picked this up on the Steam weekly sale. Been watching it for a while glad to finally get started.

26965406221_865f825658.jpg
    Steam/PSN/XBox Live:LutExIV
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »

I made it. I beat the High Dragun and acquired the Gun and the Bullet.

And then I died during the past-kill.

Argh.

I totally did that my first time in the Marine past.

Edit: Actually, pilot too.

Yeah, it was Marine for me as well.

What kinda sucks is that I know those patterns, from the Bullet King fight. I just ended up dodge rolling into bullets way too much.

Oh well, another run, eh?

Today I learned that the Elder Blank is absolutely worth getting cursed.

• SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    At least you two got the die in the past achievement. :P

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    I have only started getting some good time into the game, but I am starting to get to floor 3 consistently now. And starting to get no hit kills on the first floor bosses.

But I only had one attempt on a floor 3 boss and it was a horrible failure. I guess its still a ways to go.

Edit: Also don't let my time fool you, at least 24 of those hours were me getting done a really good first floor then needing to go to work, and not playing again till like the next night.

Kai_San on
    edited January 2017
    I present to you fucking stupid bullshit Challenge Mode Dragun.

Dragun Rage- like all his shit is buffed

High Stress- Taking damage reduces you to half a heart of HP for 5 seconds

"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zUbGlBKNHE"

SkutSkut on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I don't think I can properly convey my hate for Gunaconda in words.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I took a hit fighting the crow because the framerate decided to chug for a split second processing god knows what.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    Oh my god, Angry Bullets suck depending on your loadout.

It says that hitting an enemy causes your bullets to re-fire at another enemy. This basically means they bounce off and go after another target after hitting.

This is not good when you're fighting a boss and realize that your large number of explode-on-impact bullets are doing a fraction of their damage, because they're careening off into a wall instead of exploding.

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Oh my god, Angry Bullets suck depending on your loadout.

It says that hitting an enemy causes your bullets to re-fire at another enemy. This basically means they bounce off and go after another target after hitting.

This is not good when you're fighting a boss and realize that your large number of explode-on-impact bullets are doing a fraction of their damage, because they're careening off into a wall instead of exploding.

I don't normally think I have that problem with angry bullets, but I know for sure ghost bullets does that.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    I've done it!

OiW14b0.png?1

And again!

BM1BfLC.png?1

• chris: waffle kingchris: waffle king whiskey-fueled crank Osaka's OverbellyRegistered User regular
    Think i'm going to hold off on getting back into Gungeon until the dlc is out on ps4. It looks good, but i think my ego is still bruised from all the eating shite on the base game.

steam_sig.png
    時計仕掛けの子の丸々太った磁器の顔に表情は無いが、転がりながら、口がカチッと開閉して、腕が上下に動い た。

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese Language all at once? Sure you do, and now you can!
    wew Challenge Mode beat time to never play that crap again.

?.jpg

edited February 2017
    Another one!

xSEpxKe.png?1

I picked up the Medal of Valor during the run. I didn't expect it to follow me into the past.

Enlong on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I got my first win as a Marine earlier today, but I had a Particulator, R2-G2, Space Turtle and at least two speed boosts and dear lord was it the most satisfying run.

Just give me a Particulator every run game, thanks.

Characters
    Oh, and the Pig is the hero we all need. I salute your valor and sacrifice, Pig.

Enjoy the Dueling Laser while you can cause it's pretty fuckin busted right now. Drop n shoot!

"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ9YPxZdCqU"

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    On the one hand, I have the stupid 4 Junk for the elevator repair man finally.

On the other hand, I have an Angelic Ser Junkam this run :(

Aegis on
    Characters
    And the set is complete.

GUFlyDL.png?1

The Fightsaber is amazing.

That guy said he was gonna post that glitch on the subreddit when he was in my stream earlier lol, so I highlighted it to show it off because why not. It's not as bad as original Blasphemy tho.

• LeumasWhiteLeumasWhite New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Jeez, the Bullet's past is rough. Even though I have no right to complain about it, since I've technically done it before.

QPPHj1J.jpg
    Oh thank christ, Pilot got a winning run in. Time to never play that character again. I was going insane.

Characters
    Patch 1.1.1
    Improvements/Balance Changes
    Secret Characters can now be chosen as your quick select character (once unlocked)
    Ammoconda spawns are now real enemies (which means they can be affected by status effects and should behave more consistently with some guns)
    The "offscreen enemy" indicator now works for Ammoconda's spawns
    Reduced Ammoconda's healing on spawn pickup slightly
    Added an options file line to toggle smooth camera mode
    Added an options file line to toggle gun hotkeys
    Ash Bullet Kin now have a short firing delay when spawning near the player
    Chaos Bullets is no longer mega OP with beam weapons
    Cursula can now sell Spice
    Bug Fixes
    Fixed an issue where the new secret character costumes had 1 less i-frame than other characters
    Fixed an issue where the Ammoconda could be damaged before entering the boss room
    Fixed several issues with the Prototype Teleporter's room selection
    Fixed an issue where the player was still able to be damaged by poison/fire during boss deaths
    Fixed an issue which was causing the Shrine of Glass to spawn less frequently than intended
    Fixed an issue where some spawned chests weren't showing up on the minimap
    Fixed an issue which caused the RC Rocket's guided abilities to trigger later than intended
    Helix Bullets now works correctly with the Polaris and Rad Gun
    Fixed an issue where the Dueling Laser would be reset when dropped
    Fixed an issue where the player could get stuck with an uncharged Dueling Laser in Gun Queue
    Fixed performance issues caused by electrifying very large pools of water
    Fixed a visual issue with Daisuke
    Fixed an issue where Lament Box was spawning challenge waves in certain rooms
    Fixed an issue where the Microtransaction Gun could cost varying amounts per shot
    Fixed an issue where options file manipulation could be used to play as secret characters that were still locked
    Fixed a soft lock caused by dying to the Demon Door as the Robot
    Fixed an issue with the Super Hot Watch and some floor transitions
    Fixed an issue where Ash Bullet Kin could randomly teleport once when first spawned
    Fixed a rare save issue that could prevent further progression
    Fixed an out of memory error caused by leaving the game paused for a long time
    Fixed a freeze caused by grabbing an ammo box with the grappling hook
    Fixed some issues with the Bloodied Scarf's teleportation
    The Chest Teleporter can no longer create chests inside of the maintenance shaft
    Flak Bullets now handles spawned bullets better
    Fixed an issue where some items could give the player flight even in the area with the GTCKTP
    Fixed an issue which was causing the Battle Standard to unlock incorrectly for the Hunter
    Fixed a visual issue caused by the Com4nd0 and Helix Bullets
    Fixed some weird beam behavior caused by having the Metronome and Helix Bullets

Those all sound good. Especially the quick-start thing. I'm working on the Robot, and that's been annoying.

What's the shrine of glass? The cursed Mirror room?

Those all sound good. Especially the quick-start thing. I'm working on the Robot, and that's been annoying.

What's the shrine of glass? The cursed Mirror room?

nah, it's a new shrine

I have no clue what it is but apparently it was way too rare and had an unlock assosciated with it

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    I see.

Speaking of Shrines, I was recently informed about how to use the "offering" shrine. I am amazed to learn that it was dropping a hint in the form of a pun the whole time.

• -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    Welp, the new content hasn't made co-op better. I really want to like this game but the way co-op turns into a slow bleeding death every time just sucks all the fun out of the game. I hope they can fix it in the actual expansion but I don't think it's a priority for them.

edited February 2017
    gun munch'd bow and alien engine

got heroine

ok then

edit: shot a green chest on the forge because it was fused and I had no keys, it gave me ser junkan >.<

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg

got heroine

ok then

edit: shot a green chest on the forge because it was fused and I had no keys, it gave me ser junkan >.<

Did you have no other Junk?

got heroine

ok then

Did you have no other Junk?

nop

also holy fuck they made the third stage of the lich so much harder

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    so I went to dodge over one of ammoconda's straight line attacks and it turned exactly on the axis I was dodging in

I'm a little mad

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    I did this six character speedrun a few days ago some of you may be interested in it.

"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9VF1x_BRcM&quot;

Hey so I played this for the first time in like eight months to test out the Steam Link I just got.

Second floor, first Glitch Chest I've ever found, natch.

(It was my first time playing controller so I died horribly.)

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    Guys.

Advanced Gungeons and Draguns is out!

New NPCs and guns and synergies!

So many synergies

I got Bullets+1 and Potion of Gun Friendship ("+1 to gun!"), and it literally created an extra gun to shoot my enemies when I chugged the potion!

It's great

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I need a lower difficulty is what I need...

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • KriegaffeKriegaffe Registered User regular
    It is a bit easier in the first level. I found chests (both brown-unlocked and blue-locked) were dropping a lot more in the early standard rooms. On my first run post-patch I hit the second level with about 3 guns. That's a lot better than previously where I forced to do most of the first level, and occasionally the boss, with the starter weapon.

There also seems to be a mechanic for saving surplus hearts, though I haven't figured it out completely.

On the flipside, I keep opening chests to find someone has stolen the goods and all is left is an 'Infuriating letter'. This is also something I haven't figured out completely.