As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Should auld [Podcasts] be forgot, and always rewatch shows

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Ani-Memes.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    That honestly sounds awesome because I've been waiting for them to do something like that the whole arc

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    That honestly sounds awesome because I've been waiting for them to do something like that the whole arc

The way they've been mostly just going with it so far is how everyone in my old group but me would have approached this situation and by this point I'd be quietly going nuts as I try to get everyone to start fucking with the system more.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

edited February 2017
    On the last Beastcast they were saying that wrestling isn't good these days.

They're so very wrong.

To be fair, Jeff elaborated a bit on his Tumblr:
    Anonymous asked:
    Didn't see anyone but Dan talk about the Royal Rumble. Has the Powerbombcast taken it's Last Ride?
    We tried recording something recently but the whole thing took a big dump somewhere along the way and was pretty much unsalvageable.

Alex has some ideas about making some changes to our wrestling-oriented content but we haven’t made any firm decisions one way or the other. I think our collective interest in WWE is at an all-time low and I don’t think we’re too keen to start seeking out an abundance of alternative promotions, either. So a podcast where we kinda shrug our way through whatever they’re doing on TV at the moment probably isn’t a great product.

As for me, I thought the Cena/Styles match was really good and I thought Jack Gallagher’s umbrella bits were amazing. Not much else to say about it than that. The brand split has made it too hard to see the characters and storylines that I actually care about, so instead of watching more wrestling, I’m watching next to none. It’s been rad.

"Jack Gallagher and AJ Styles are great. Everything else is lame." is not a odd opinion to have of modern WWE right now. Even Dan Ryckert is saying he isn't having a great time anymore and is watching out of obligation.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Man I just find their reaction to the brand split so weird

It has been a fantastic thing as far as I am concerned

like, not perfect at all, but Smackdown is actually a show you should watch now that routinely has must-see matches rather than just being filler that picks up Raw's scraps and Raw is...well, still Raw but that won't change until they get rid of the third hour.

CYpGAPn.png
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    The Suffering Game feels like a Pathfinder campaign my friend tried to run online once, where I played a dwarf cleric. It took place in an extra-dimensional insane asylum for uncontrollable magic users. Each room was full of 'gotcha' moments designed to thwart the party's attempts at solving the problem and preventing their forward momentum through the plot. Lots of locked arenas and disembodied voices.

The party quit the game after a handful of scenes because it felt like there was no way to 'win', just opportunities to feel manipulated by the GM.

Good to know that Griffin isn't making the same mistakes.

• SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Yeah, I give it a lot of shit because that's fun to do, but I actually think WWE as a whole is really good right now. Of course there are weak spots, and some of those with unfortunate prominence in the product (Raw's upper card, the tag teams on both main roster shows, NXT's lengthy rebuilding period), but when you put out as much content as WWE does, it's not all gonna be dynamite.

I've talked it up a bit before in the wrestling thread, but I've really been enjoying Max Fun's wrestling podcast, Tights and Fights. It's hosted by jaded fans, as all wrestling podcasts are required to be, but they're at least pretty funny about it.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    E3 is going to be interesting this year; instead of having a side event for non-press, they're just straight up selling 15,000 tickets to the main event, so if you ever wanted to go to E3, now's your chance.
    https://www.destructoid.com/e3-is-open-to-the-public-this-year-15-000-tickets-go-on-sale-monday-417552.phtml

I wonder if this will attract more or less companies to E3? Or if it won't have any affect at all.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    The E3 main event seems like a real bad time unless you are booking appointments to go see shit without waiting all day in line

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    The E3 main event seems like a real bad time unless you are booking appointments to go see shit without waiting all day in line

yeah the thing about E3 has always been the backdoor stuff and you won't do that as a random visitor, it seems pointless. I have just grown completely immune to games marketing. i just don't give a shit. games come out, they're good or not, I am not going to lose my mind over them.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
    cursedking wrote: »
    Maddoc wrote: »

yeah the thing about E3 has always been the backdoor stuff and you won't do that as a random visitor, it seems pointless. I have just grown completely immune to games marketing. i just don't give a shit. games come out, they're good or not, I am not going to lose my mind over them.

I loved the spectacle, but I'll admit that last few years I haven't come away as excited as I had from prior E3s.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Kinda seems like there's no reason to go to E3 if you are able to attend any PAX

6F32U1X.png
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    turtleant wrote: »
    Isn't Liquid's actual deal that he is aware of the rapid ageing thing and just wants a way to fix it?

Also I believe the genome soldiers specifically kinda got the shaft from the US government, so they'd be into his whole plan.

no because Kojima didn't come up with the rapid aging plot point until he was working on MGS4, probably
    I don't recall anything in MGS4 trying to retcon Liquid's motivations to be about that, but the script for that game is such a forgettable mess perhaps I forgot or didn't notice if they did.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Kinda seems like there's no reason to go to E3 if you are able to attend any PAX

Yeah, consumer focused shows are still a lot of fun to walk around and check out games. Particularly stuff you might not have heard of, which is why I always get trapped in the Indie Megabooth for literal hours at a time when I'm at PAX East.

But E3 isn't really that.

Especially given they just stream out the press conferences.

• Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    I like Giant Bomb's coverage of E3 and I like Nintendo's Treehouse stream and I don't like being around crowds so I'm happy not ever going to E3

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr

I can't imagine the difficulty translating McElroy idiosyncrasies to other languages

6F32U1X.png
    oh man how would you translate something like that, I can't even imagine

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    Ideally they'd find 3 comedy brothers in every language they're translating to

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr

I can't imagine the difficulty translating McElroy idiosyncrasies to other languages

6F32U1X.png
    It might be easier and faster to just teach the McElroys the other languages.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    ykQPtPx.jpg

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    Okay

That's pretty good

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Maets?

sig.gif
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    The waypoint community just registered creamy roll dot com as a waypoint redirect

edited February 2017
    SimBen wrote: »
    Maets?

Steam is Meats backwards. Chincy can back me up on this.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

time to go enjoy video games delivered to me by the Staem digital content delivery platform!

BahamutZERO.gif
    Feels like Nick Robinson became a shitpost savant or something fairly recently.

steam_sig.png

SimBen wrote: »
    Maets?

Steam is Meats backwards. Chincy can back me up on this.

checks out

are you guys gaslighting me again

sig.gif
    edited February 2017
    Nick Robinson is in the pocket of Big Meats Montana

Maddoc on
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    November 2014? I barely remember what happened that month.

sig.gif
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    damn you mcelroys

before mbmbam 340 i never even considered Gene Wilder, Batman Villain

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular

This is hands down one of my favorite forum posts of all time.

It still pops into my head randomly and gives me giggle fits.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Can we really only come up with so few movie thread titles

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    The current one is a gritty reboot attempting to start a shared Movie Thread Universe

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
This discussion has been closed.