As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Should auld [Podcasts] be forgot, and always rewatch shows

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

This is hands down one of my favorite forum posts of all time.

It still pops into my head randomly and gives me giggle fits.

I was so mad at that movie

At the time it seemed like the kind of saccharine, obvious garbage that it would do

Unfortunately I was so grumpy at it that I did a bad spell

Now I'm glad it happened though

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Can we really only come up with so few movie thread titles

The Lobby is really really far away as it turns out.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    Feels that way when you bought the large drink, that's for sure

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Interstellar is just a 3 hour Doctor Who episode.

For better or worse. Mostly worse.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    Cosmic Call
    Aww Jeremy noooooo :(

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    So the Cherokee Chief has this weekly newsletter he puts out, with news about tribal matters or spotlights on parts of the community etc.

This week, he sent out a letter talking about Cherokee pro athletes. And there's this dude who's a professional, champion bullrider, and his name is Ryan Dirteater.

Which is maybe the best name/job combo in all of human history???

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Fuck that's good

I keep a log of all of the best names from the various folks who stay at my hotels I've worked at but none of them have that sweet sweet job synergy

KOR BOYLAND was pretty great though

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Fuck that's good

I keep a log of all of the best names from the various folks who stay at my hotels I've worked at but none of them have that sweet sweet job synergy

Excuse me

Did you say Boy Land?

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Radius wrote: »
    Fuck that's good

Excuse me

Did you say Boy Land?
    She did, in fact, pronounce it Boy Land.

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Cosmic Call
    Aww Jeremy noooooo :(
    "Oh that's gonna hurt him."

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    The most recent episode of Teenagers With Attitude was about a Power Rangers episode that had Kimberly doing a great impression of Rita, so I guess it is basically confirmed now that Rita is an alternate universe Kimberly.
    god I forgot that Dustin did a rogue episode, are there any other podcasts that have this many rogue episodes?
    "So you may not have been able to tell from the first ten minutes of this podcast, but this is a Power Rangers focused podcast." "I think calling this an anything-focused podcast is misleading our audience."
    "Oh God, Zordon hates millenials."
    "Those damn Renaissancers, so entitled, keep getting participation trophies for just painting a little ceiling. Come on, guys."
    "But now, Billy has slowly transitioned into 'the hot nerd.'"
    "Kimberly, you know if you need a shoulder to cry on, mine is right there, and it's really thick, so"
    "Zedd, do you even have a dick?"
    "Yeah, Zedd has a child, don't worry about it."
    "but first I have to stop and get my rollerblades, because it's 1994, and don't you forget it."
    "Real quick, just... is this shit racist?" That could be a regular segment on this podcast
    "Once you go evil, you never wanna leave-l."
    "Maybe Goldar gives really good cunnilingus."
    "Haim Saban: The Vince McMahon of children's television." I barely understand this reference, but I'm pretty sure it's extremely accurate
    "We all, I think, try hard on this show not to indulge in stereotypes, but Richie is a man rollerblading in jorts with an open vest and fingerless gloves on." "And no shirt." "And no shirt. With his buddy Curtis, and like, this is the second gay couple on this show." I couldn't believe how gay this was
    There's no way they did more than one take for these replacement voice actors
    Zack told a story, then Mike told a story as backstory for a joke about that story
    "A little bit of Rita is what he needs."
    Kimberly being Rita is so fucking good
    "By the way, I did a little research while you guys were talking and while we were on break, just to figure out like, who the hell is voicing Trini during this part" "Okay." "The only credit is to a woman named 'Judy,' and there is no last name."
    "The only thing that's not on the house is the free muffin from the coupon? That's kind of bullshit."
    "Listen, I know what I'm doing, even though I don't, most of the time."
    I know we've all had a lot of fun here saying that Mario Odyssey looks like Sonic Adventure, but it can't truly be Mario Adventure unless it has a Chao Garden.
    "Oh, we don't really do corrections. We just kind of embrace all our bullshit."
    I didn't expect to learn any math stuff from this podcast, actually I didn't expect to learn anything
    "Yeah, the grand unifying theory is like the albatross of the mathematical world." "So we're going to sit here and figure it out together, guys." "No we're not." "This podcast does not end until we've solved it." "We would probably more likely find that theory than get to the end of Power Rangers."
    "If you are a math student and working on some sort of thesis, and would like to write it on Power Rangers, please reach out to us."
    how the fuck are there going to be this many episodes where the actors aren't there but haven't been replaced, I'm terrified
    "What we usually do in my like, actual gaming groups is we make up some excuse for why that character isn't around for any of this." "Oh, they're fishing at their uncle's cabin in the mountains and we can't reach them."

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular

Oh God I forgot about this podcast and looks like now I have to listen to it

Just downloaded the first ep

Going through the show's Twitter, the fanart is actually really great?

I'm always saying that any Animorphs revival is meant to live as an animated series, and the fanart is really vindicating

• Options
    robotbeerobotbee Drop any other moon on his face -Jupiter has so many it won't even careRegistered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    Fuck that's good

Excuse me

Did you say Boy Land?
    She did, in fact, pronounce it Boy Land.

Any relation to Lawn Guyland?

Whom the fly chicks tagged Lenore, nameless here forevermore.
  • Options

"We all, I think, try hard on this show not to indulge in stereotypes, but Richie is a man rollerblading in jorts with an open vest and fingerless gloves on." "And no shirt." "And no shirt. With his buddy Curtis, and like, this is the second gay couple on this show." I couldn't believe how gay this was
    y2friwwal0a6.jpg

A normal, heterosexual outing of two male friends

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    If you listen closely, you can actually hear pooro's sharp intake of breath as he nervously reads the title of today's dollop

• Options
    edited February 2017
    If you listen closely, you can actually hear pooro's sharp intake of breath as he nervously reads the title of today's dollop

oh my god it might as well be titled "this is for Pooro"

Chincymcchilla on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Now to be fair, those "fingerless gloves" could be protective gloves to wear while roller-blading.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Jimothy wrote: »

I'm always saying that any Animorphs revival is meant to live as an animated series, and the fanart is really vindicating

listen I have at least three pages of writing that disagrees with this assessment so I will-

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

That's actually an excerpt from Kat's diary after the end of Chapter 13 in Gunnerkrigg Court.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

oh my god it might as well be titled "this is for Pooro"

So I see these posts, and I pull up Pocket Casts

And my eyebrows jump halfway up my forehead

"I bet this is Iron Eyes Cody." I check the description. I laugh and laugh.

Yeah. Yeah, this'll be a good one.

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »

listen I have at least three pages of writing that disagrees with this assessment so I will-

I've got a five season plan, character bios, arcs mapped out

I go back and forth on the artstyle, but I've given it a lot of thought

I don't believe that live action can do the material justice (CG and animal training just aren't there and might never be) and there's way too many good characters and storylines to fit into a movie series

Every time the movie rumor comes up I hold my breath for a bit because I think it would be a huge mistake

I do think there's a lot of potential overlap with your CW series idea (my show would focus a lot more on high school than the books did), but I dunno, I just don't have faith in a live action adaptation

This fanart is real good though

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    I know most of the people here who listen to Rose Buddies don't actually watch the fine Bachelor line of products, but if the rumors of them bringing Rod back to BiP are true, I'm fully on board with Rose Buddies shifting to the Bunin/Murrayverse because this season of AYTO is fucking bonkers, and I also want a Challenge episode even though it's probably outside the bounds of what would normally be covered.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Nirya wrote: »
    I know most of the people here who listen to Rose Buddies don't actually watch the fine Bachelor line of products, but if the rumors of them bringing Rod back to BiP are true, I'm fully on board with Rose Buddies shifting to the Bunin/Murrayverse because this season of AYTO is fucking bonkers, and I also want a Challenge episode even though it's probably outside the bounds of what would normally be covered.
    So this is what it is like when I talk about wrestling to someone who has absolutely no knowledge of it

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017

I went on a twitter expedition and return with a trove of Adventure Zone fanart

That last one is an all-time favorite

Also this poster for The Eleventh Hour like holy shit I want to buy a print of this

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Rod is trash, give me a full switch to Terrace House/Canadian Bachelor

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I hope Griffin finds a way to have his character for the next campaign just be Angus

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    11th hour is my favorite arc

the battlewagon race still wins out as my favorite sequence though

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Rod is trash, give me a full switch to Terrace House/Canadian Bachelor

I'd be ok with this too, and there's enough of a layoff to do a full AYTO season plus Terrace House (if they slot it during/after BiP most of Aloha State should be out by then).

Basically I just want AYTO to get it's due because this season has been so fucking good.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Hoo boy I do not like the guest they have on this Dollop

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    This dollop supports the theory that all podcasts are just an excuse to talk about your fetishes

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Zack told a story, then Mike told a story as backstory for a joke about that story

We should never have been allowed to have a podcast.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

In case you're in need of a show that you desperately want to like but you only like two people on it and the other two are either stunningly unfunny or you cannot get a grasp on their opinions

6F32U1X.png
  • Options

I meant to tell you we've been cancelled

• Options

I meant to tell you we've been cancelled

Thank god

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    So this is what it is like when I talk about wrestling to someone who has absolutely no knowledge of it

the bachelor shows are seriously fun to watch, and Are you the One is a dive into insanity. I haven't watched this season but the 1st/2nd were hilarious.

I also agree that if Rod goes back to bip that I won't watch it.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    Oh my god there is a new Besties episode, hahahahha

• Options
    I love Rose Buddies but everything they've ever said about The Bachelor seems to be in complete opposition to the notion that the bachelor shows are fun to watch.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    edited February 2017
    If you think you would like a podcast where two people very good at improv make fun of two people very much not good at improv or...being funny at all, then is Besties the show for you! Now airing every month!!!
    I love Rose Buddies but everything they've ever said about The Bachelor seems to be in complete opposition to the notion that the bachelor shows are fun to watch.

Once you start watching it can get pretty wild. The louisiana episode was just as good as they said, and BiP in particular is really really fun trash television. When it isn't featuring Rod that is. Daniel in particular makes great super weird beard tv.

cursedking on
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

In case you're in need of a show that you desperately want to like but you only like two people on it and the other two are either stunningly unfunny or you cannot get a grasp on their opinions

"oh god way" perfectly encapsulates this

because it's not like most podcasts in this vein where the premise is absurd or exceedingly dumb

it's just not a good podcast, involving two very podcasters, that should not exist anymore

though if I listen to this and it's somehow good now or something i'll be deeply disappointed

f2ojmwh3geue.png
This discussion has been closed.