As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Secret World - Legends out 6/26/17

• JutranjoJutranjo Registered User regular
    Thanks for all the mod names, I'll check those out!

• amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I'll get you my list of recommended mods when I get home from work

EDIT:

Advanced Tradepost - You will need to get an update from the forums to fix item rendering issues
    AutoNBG
    EffectsUI - I think meeehrUI-Topbar has similar features, but I never looked in depth at it
    ElTorqiro_AegisHUD - Don't need it until Tokyo though
    meeehrUI-Topbar
    SurvivorTracker - Great if you run scenarios, shows you the nearest survivor with the lowest HP
    UltimateCrafter
    UtaMadre - There is an updated version on the forums

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
  • darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    So its been awhile since I have played and was curious on what has changed in the last couple of years, I think the last thing they had introduced was secondary weapons like rocket launchers and such, might have been a few months after that.

I really enjoyed the world and aesthetics I hit a wall unlocking I think it was called Nightmare mode or content? After that I left the game and moved onto other stuff. Been feeling an itch to play an MMO again and this one isnt your standard fantasy fare, plus I can access it again without dropping coin.

Still mostly a solo player, not much into PVP either.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    darkmayo wrote: »
    So its been awhile since I have played and was curious on what has changed in the last couple of years, I think the last thing they had introduced was secondary weapons like rocket launchers and such, might have been a few months after that.

I really enjoyed the world and aesthetics I hit a wall unlocking I think it was called Nightmare mode or content? After that I left the game and moved onto other stuff. Been feeling an itch to play an MMO again and this one isnt your standard fantasy fare, plus I can access it again without dropping coin.

Still mostly a solo player, not much into PVP either.

One thing to check, everything now gives Black Bullion, which is the currency used to upgrade your gear (among other things). So you may be able to upgrade what you have on, maybe you'll have an easier time on the Gatekeeper fight.

That fight is mostly knowing how it works and having the right abilities for it, though. :)

Welcome back, and hope you have fun!

• KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    I never did the Gatekeeper fight. I'm not sure if I ever finished all the dungeons.

I remember really LIKING the dungeons, though.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
    ill redownload again tonight and muck around, might start a new character to get back into the swing of things.. dont suppose We are Nice Guys is still kicking around?

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    You know you're in a pretty crazy world when fighting through the gates of hell is a relatively low-tier dungeon.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
    ill redownload again tonight and muck around, might start a new character to get back into the swing of things.. dont suppose We are Nice Guys is still kicking around?

Sadly I'm pretty sure the three PA cabals are defunct. I'm actually in a cabal of my own because reasons(TM), but maybe the others here can chime in?

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    A lot of people just hang out in #Sanctuary, cabals aren't super-necessary to join unless you want a regular group of people to be able to do raids and scenarios and the like at regular times every week.

DarkPrimus wrote: »
    A lot of people just hang out in #Sanctuary, cabals aren't super-necessary to join unless you want a regular group of people to be able to do raids and scenarios and the like at regular times every week.

Or RP, if you're into that. Arcadia is one of the two main RP dimensions.

edited February 2017
    Daaaamn dat voice acting. I forgot how polished the game is. So made a new character, templar who is mucking around with claws/chaos cause I dont think I did much with those on my illuminati main. Remembering how to play, there appears to be much more shit to do than I remember, Kingsmouths is just littered with quests everywhere.

So while I muck through the game again with a new guy I dont want to forget my main. I think I was just doing bits and pieces here and there, never fought the gatekeeper to unlock Nightmare stuff. Someone mentioned black bullion so Ill look into where to get that stuff but I likely will need to get some issues or sub for a bit.

Looking at my chronicle my gear is largely green QL10 shit, with a purple QL10 Rifle and a blue QL9 Blood book. (I have a couple of QL10 weapons just my current build uses Blood)

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
    Daaaamn dat voice acting. I forgot how polished the game is. So made a new character, templar who is mucking around with claws/chaos cause I dont think I did much with those on my illuminati main. Remembering how to play, there appears to be much more shit to do than I remember, Kingsmouths is just littered with quests everywhere.

So while I muck through the game again with a new guy I dont want to forget my main. I think I was just doing bits and pieces here and there, never fought the gatekeeper to unlock Nightmare stuff. Someone mentioned black bullion so Ill look into where to get that stuff but I likely will need to get some issues or sub for a bit.

Looking at my chronicle my gear is largely green QL10 shit, with a purple QL10 Rifle and a blue QL9 Blood book. (I have a couple of QL10 weapons just my current build uses Blood)

Black Bullion comes from everything now- missions, dungeons, pvp, etc. So you will earn those as you go about your Secret Business(TM).

Fist/chaos lends itself to a burst deck, I think I have an example of it among the OP's here. I found it great for soloing except it has no real AOE to speak of.

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Inserting Berserk or Karma as an alternative finisher can really help with the AoE.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
    Inserting Berserk or Karma as an alternative finisher can really help with the AoE.

True. For me though, I find that the deck is fast enough at dropping single targets and high enough with the self-heals that I just burn stuff down one at a time.

And liberal application of Dragon's Breath as they swarm you helps, too. :D

So I recall PVP matches being a bit of a pain in the arse back in the day.. is it still?

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041

Black Bullion comes from everything now- missions, dungeons, pvp, etc. So you will earn those as you go about your Secret Business(TM).

Fist/chaos lends itself to a burst deck, I think I have an example of it among the OP's here. I found it great for soloing except it has no real AOE to speak of.

Hello I did a cool Fist/Chaos burst survival wolverine-perma-regen build a while back that some people liked!

ew9y0DD.png
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Kay wrote: »

Hello I did a cool Fist/Chaos burst survival wolverine-perma-regen build a while back that some people liked!

Fist/Chaos burst is a really good solo setup once you get all the tools for it. As a bonus basically everything in it involves punching lots.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    So my main guy is mucking around in Tokyo now, the Aegis system is pretty neat. I headed over to the bath house and was trying to do a side quest behind that and I am getting wrecked. So I think I need to change up my build, anyone have a good one for soloing in Tokyo or if anyone has more tips and tricks for Tokyo that would be great.

Played a ton this weekend on my Templar, she just has the Blue Mountains left for the first area and that has been going pretty good with a nice chaos/pistol build. So far just have been getting all the base abilities, my Chaos is already at 10 and I picked up a QL10 blue from the Auction house, will be working on gear next and get those up to 10 as the Auction house seems to have a decent amount of blue QL10 stuff to pickup.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
    So my main guy is mucking around in Tokyo now, the Aegis system is pretty neat. I headed over to the bath house and was trying to do a side quest behind that and I am getting wrecked. So I think I need to change up my build, anyone have a good one for soloing in Tokyo or if anyone has more tips and tricks for Tokyo that would be great.

Played a ton this weekend on my Templar, she just has the Blue Mountains left for the first area and that has been going pretty good with a nice chaos/pistol build. So far just have been getting all the base abilities, my Chaos is already at 10 and I picked up a QL10 blue from the Auction house, will be working on gear next and get those up to 10 as the Auction house seems to have a decent amount of blue QL10 stuff to pickup.

May want to let us know what weapons/abilities you have unlocked. I mean I could tell you what my guy uses (98% blood/2% chaos) but if you've not got those two wheel sections unlocked that won't do you much good. :)

May want to let us know what weapons/abilities you have unlocked. I mean I could tell you what my guy uses (98% blood/2% chaos) but if you've not got those two wheel sections unlocked that won't do you much good. :)

I can use every weapon up to QL10, as for skills I dont mind grinding out points to reach a build, just let me know what works for you guys. I have a bunch unlocked all over the board.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

Don't make the same mistake I did. Go and grab both the damage and shield AEGIS thingies before you waste time with the sidemissions. Or wasting thousands of BB on the exp thingies

steam_sig.png
    edited February 2017
    Spoit wrote: »

Don't make the same mistake I did. Go and grab both the damage and shield AEGIS thingies before you waste time with the sidemissions. Or wasting thousands of BB on the exp thingies

Whats the shield Aegis? I only know about the damage thing that hurts bad guys shields.

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
    Spoit wrote: »

Whats the shield Aegis? I only know about the damage thing that hurts bad guys shields.

The AEGIS shield controller was added an issue later. You can, however, go grab that as soon as you want to. Just note that the mobs beyond the quarantine wall are tougher than the ones you encounter when you first enter Kaidan because they assume you already have an AEGIS shield; if you're able to deal with the mobs relatively easily, this should not be a problem.

Hmm dont seem to see any on the AH.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
    edited February 2017
    Hmm dont seem to see any on the AH.

You won't. These are quest rewards and bind on pickup.

Note that we're talking about controllers. AEGIS mods are bind on equip and can help you modify your controllers, but won't do anything otherwise.

ringswraith on
    Ahh ok so do the story quests until I get one?

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
    Ahh ok so do the story quests until I get one?

Ideally, do the quests to get your weapon controllers, then go pick up the quest from the Guy in the Rabbit Suit(TM) for the shield controllers quest.

I can use every weapon up to QL10, as for skills I dont mind grinding out points to reach a build, just let me know what works for you guys. I have a bunch unlocked all over the board.

Well, this is the build I use for Kaidan. It's been nerfed a little bit with the changes to Finish the Movement and Elemental Force, but it still does its job.

Actives:
    Open Veins (for AoE building)
    Bloodline
    Bloodshot
    Guts and Gory (AoE consumer, use after one of your impairs for extra pen rating buff)
    Cardiac Arrest (single target impair)
    Blood Shield (shield in a pinch, mostly used to keep blood resources on you in between fights)
    Helter Skelter (AoE line impair)
    Diamond Grit

Passives:
    Finish the Movement
    Bloodsport
    Circulation
    Advantage Me (my deck is crit-based)
    Elemental Force
    Twist the Knife
    Contortionist
    Revved Up

Basic idea is to get blood resources on you and Bloodshot, Bloodshot, Bloodshot. Yes, it's not a well-balanced build (there are no chaos consumers here, for example) but it's very good at what it does.

edited February 2017
    2c2vhix6sv4g.png

So, Valentine's "event" seems to be up. If you could call it that.

The above outfit comes from the Item Store (you get one with the hood up, and one with it down, as in the screenshot).

There's also a new "Doomboard" challenge thing. Complete 35 challenges by 3/19 to get the Gravity Skates.

EDIT: So there's a little more to this. There are items in the Item Store that you can get only if someone else gifts them to you.

This includes the previous Valentine's Day gift bags, a black version of the above heart pajamas (also in hood up/down versions), the Love Bird pet, and the Rose Petals effect.

ringswraith on
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    That one guy who showed up to the urban magic apocalypse in his heart pajamas.

And that other guy who showed up wearing a full coverage zebra mask and headphones. Because why the fuck not, right?

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    Trying to jump back into this. Started a new character since I never got too far in the first place.

Started off with AR/Ele but I have less AoE than I thought I would. Thinking about going Blade/Chaos (latter so I can keep some heals) instead.

Also, do Gravity Skates increase sprint? Or are they purely cosmetic?

76561197966849367.png
    @Zetx If you're looking to do good AOE, you might be best off picking two primary weapons that mesh together well for that. Shotguns and Hammers both share the Blast (cone) AoE type (Claws too, but Claws Blasts seem to be a bit smaller, but do have heals to add to Hammer/Shotgunning. Hammer/Shotgun just feels SUPER POWERFUL).

Elementalism, Blood Magic and Pistols all share Chain (like chain lightning, target one enemy, and the attack arcs to others in range), with Blood having some good heal/barriers in there. It's worth noting that Blood/Pistols also share the Focus single target attack type, which might be beneficial.

The last AoE type, Frenzy (PBAoE, except for AR which does it at range), is shared by Assault Rifle, Chaos Magic and Blades. Chaos/Blades has some very, very good PBAoE attacks. It's also highly survivable and a good base for a Tank build if that's where you want to go.

Also of note is that pretty much every weapon has some click-cooldown AOE powers that don't fit the three flavours. Left Hand of Darkness in Blood, some of the AR and Pistol powers also spring to mind. The benefit to stacking the same AoE type, is that there are passives that buff specific attack types. You get payoffs for a streamlined, focused build.

ew9y0DD.png
    edited February 2017
    All sprints are cosmetic*, they don't increase your base sprint speed.

The exception is the Frankenchopper, which is earned with a mission that will give you the highest rank of Sprint upon completion, no need to level through all your faction ranks and spend millions of PAX.

*Some of the paid sprints also have a special power, like the Frankenchopper or Unicorn's temporary speed boost, or the Stealth Hoverboard's cloak.

DarkPrimus on
  • ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    Thanks for the info! I picked up on the existence of synergies but not the specifics. I put some points into Blade and it already felt much better than my time with the AR. I will give Chaos a go, too.

(I'll keep the Frankenchopper in mind when I have the budget. :))

76561197966849367.png
  • DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    I don't know if the game has changed in the years since I put it down, but I played Chaos/Blade. It was a good spec. It's survive-ability was great, and while it's damage output wasn't as high as other specs, the fact that I could pull all the things at the same time and whittle them down meant that the killing potential averaged out to be the same in the long run.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
    So I earned my Gravity Skates and while some people are complaining that they look terrible, I kind of like them. They certainly look like Orochi prototypes!

edited February 2017
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    So I earned my Gravity Skates and while some people are complaining that they look terrible, I kind of like them. They certainly look like Orochi prototypes!

I've got about 8 more challenges to earn mine. Must have!

EDIT: Didn't want to double-post. Apparently the stream that FC promised was going to happen this month, isn't happening this month. (Way to set expectations, FC. I am disappoint.) Supposedly the next stream, when it happens, will be all about this update(TM) they keep mentioning but that we've not seen hide nor hair of. So the next stream is TBD.

ringswraith on
    They could have avoided a lot of griping if the stream had just been declared "TBD" last month...

So apparently this was posted on Twitter:

C5seviiXMAENoNW.jpg

With an article from MassivelyOP.com about it.

• SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    So apparently this was posted on Twitter:
    C5seviiXMAENoNW.jpg
    That is frustratingly vague. I am frightened about what might change.