As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Come post pictures of your [Gunpla] & other scale models in this thread

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    it's not a gundam, it's a "elf sigma" from "active raid" (shrug)

i can't tell what the price is in that photo but the internet has it going for $20-30

Going rate is 2500 yen, so that range feels about right.

It's a figurize kit, not HG, and that means it's a bit on the tall end, and generally more detailed. Still comparable to HGs instead of MGs, but don't think about the standard IBO kits. Compare it to something like the Doven Wolf.

(Active raid is apparently about Future Cops in power armor? Can't be assed to figure out more, but it's the same line of figures that has Goku and Cell.)

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular

i can't tell what the price is in that photo but the internet has it going for $20-30

huh, it's $56 here, when your bog standard HG kit is normally in the $20-30 range.

• kowikowi Registered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »

huh, it's $56 here, when your bog standard HG kit is normally in the $20-30 range.

Its $56 here as well.

PSN: kowi - WiiU: kowi - XBL: KoWi - twitch.tv/kowi profile.png - "Yes, Kowi is the King of All" - smilie.png Unbreakable Vow
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    56473a693bd4b3d22f4a0ec6ed5efda4.jpg

Wanna make the left dude

Beeb doing mental designing of this

The tube would ve made from a pill bottle. A lot of the curves would have to go to the difficulty of getting nice curves in styrene. The arms would be base long retabgles with thinner layers added on the give them shape. Would probably beed a permanent dtand to stay up?

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    They also look like golfers.

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    They also look like golfers.

Their legs look like how my grandpa wears his pants.

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    the one on the left looks like the dumb LEV from the start of zone of the enders 2 before they find jehuty

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    the one on the left looks like the dumb LEV from the start of zone of the enders 2 before they find jehuty

That LEV was brilliant. It means the player takes Jehuty as the state of the badass art instead of the default, and that's a pretty neat trick.

And it has so much detail put into how it plays. Like, it can wall jump. There is no reason for you to figure that out, but it can. Because Zone of the Enders 2 is an incredible game.

• LogicReasonLogicReason Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Finished the Doven Wolf tonight. Well, mostly finished. Haven't messed with the wire-arms yet. But I'm a big gun fan anyway.. so, yeah.

zg6o2ncy2wbe.jpg

Also, the Doven Wolf is pretty big!
    kkteurwtuuse.jpg

LogicReason on
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Of course you do, it's P-Bandai.

• GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    Craaap the gunpla shop in Little Tokyo has a bunch of Bandai Star Wars kits, but I need to save money...

But they have A-Wings and TIE Interceptors...

Aaahhh

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • MidniteMidnite Registered User regular
    New phone so better pics!

0hj5jen3zjz2.jpg
    r245gt1urdx7.jpg

2g0n4d9brfvo.jpg

v8xyud73j24x.jpg

aifqbnddmqyx.jpg

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    GR_Zombie wrote: »
    Craaap the gunpla shop in Little Tokyo has a bunch of Bandai Star Wars kits, but I need to save money...

Aaahhh

The A-Wing is really good.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular

Aaahhh

The A-Wing is really good.

They had several dozen, so I'm gonna head back out there next paycheck. Love me an A-Wing.

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Yay, all the painting stuff I ordered is in! Now I just got to wait for a day that's warm enough to actually paint. I assume ignoring the "not recommend below 50f" warning would be a bad decision.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    okay, Ex-S ordered

expect lots of photos in a month

gonna deliberate on panel line colors in the meantime

uc3ufTB.png
    okay, Ex-S ordered

expect lots of photos in a month

gonna deliberate on panel line colors in the meantime

MG?

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    Robot Damashii!

I'm still gonna panel line it and stuff, i just think it's the best looking sculpt without having to put in lots of custom work

uc3ufTB.png
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    If this isn't ok to post about I'll remove it.

Starting today, Gundam Info on YouTube is going to put up one episode of Gundam Thunderbolt per week for 4 weeks. Each episode will only be up for a week, so you can't wait to watch it all at once.

The first episode is up right now on the Gundam Info home page.

That's all, back to your regular gunpla posts.

You need to flip the hips over so the gun is between the legs.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »
    You need to flip the hips over so the gun is between the legs.

LEWD

• jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    edited February 2017

Aaahhh

I had the same dilemma when I went through Little Tokyo this weekend.

But I have Gunpla that are unbuilt so an Interceptor will have to wait.

jgeis on
  • PsycohedPsycohed On a Fool's ErrandRegistered User regular
    So I've scraped some cash together and am finally going in on an airbrush setup. Trouble is, I'm hearing conflicting info regarding cleaning the thing. Does anyone have any recommendations on what product they use as a cleaning solution for the brush itself? I've heard everything from proprietary brand cleaners to alcohol to just thinner to even windshield wiper fluid.

The paints I'm planning to use are Tamiya's acrylics. And I'll be using their primer, which I believe is a lacquer.

brig_banner.png
  • LogicReasonLogicReason Registered User regular
    So, I'm going out to Little Tokyo this weekend. I have a feeling my wallet is going to be crying. I need to get together a wishlist of kits.

• QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Catching up on the show, and despite the backlog I already have, I need me one of these heavy boys with the horn helmets. Looking around they are not available? Or not yet anyway? (Ep 37 if i'm not being clear, its the one defending blondie in the same thing carta used)

• DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    Catching up on the show, and despite the backlog I already have, I need me one of these heavy boys with the horn helmets. Looking around they are not available? Or not yet anyway? (Ep 37 if i'm not being clear, its the one defending blondie in the same thing carta used)

this one? http://www.gundamplanet.com/hg-ibo-helmwige-reincar.html

it's out in general, that may vary tho

Daypigeon wrote: »

this one? http://www.gundamplanet.com/hg-ibo-helmwige-reincar.html

it's out in general, that may vary tho

It's out, but not on Amazon yet. Bluefin imports is a bit behind Japan for most kits.

• QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Yesssss. Though like a lot of the gjallahorn stuff I like it a lot better on the show than the model. I think it's just what that blue plastic does to details. Oh well, still a lot of good kits.

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    I wonder if I should get a pot of yellow paint or if a yellow Gundam marker would work when I get the Barbatos Rex. I don't normally mind stickers, but the HG has some real nasty yellow stickers for the tail blade and toes.

Or maybe I'll just spring for the 1/100...

X22wmuF.jpg
  • LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    I wonder if I should get a pot of yellow paint or if a yellow Gundam marker would work when I get the Barbatos Rex. I don't normally mind stickers, but the HG has some real nasty yellow stickers for the tail blade and toes.

Or maybe I'll just spring for the 1/100...

Yellow Gundam marker should be fine, especially if you get a small brush to help paint the Rex Nails.

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I could potentially visit Hobbyco tomorrow.... hmmm.... Astray Red Frame.... hmmm....

*browses*

Oh fuck oh fuck there's Wing Custom MGs. Oh fuck oh fuck. I am gonna buy me one.

HyperBallad on
    Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Day off. Went to hobbytown and got a Guison and another IO Frame to keep the other company.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

I really want to do a build off of some kind

Just, everyone buy one kit and try to one up eachother

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    I really want to do a build off of some kind

Just, everyone buy one kit and try to one up eachother

The Graze or the Shiden sounds good for that. Nice, cheap, basic kits with a lot of room for the personal touch. I'd be game.

edited February 2017
    I was thinking the Barbatos or maybe even that new kit (Julia?) that had a shit ton of boosters

Edit: Although I DO have a graze I was getting ready to dissect anyways...

Bluedude152 on
    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    I already know what I would do to

Guison+Graze+ The Thunderbolt gundam parts to make the fastest grunt alive

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
This discussion has been closed.