As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PSN] Thread

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I have a theory about the first three Uncharteds that really doesn't make sense, but I like it: (UNCHARTED 4 SPOILERS)
    So like, you know how there was 0 fantastical/paranormal stuff in Uncharted 4? I think that the first three games, as you play them, are just Nate recounting the adventures to Sam in Uncharted 4. He's just adding the paranormal/fantastical stuff as he tells the stories to Sam because that's how the Drakes roll.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I got a Pro just for Nioh. Why does Bloodborne look worse? The framerate seems less stable.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    I got a Pro just for Nioh. Why does Bloodborne look worse? The framerate seems less stable.

It's not, Bloodborne runs almost identically on the Pro. I have my Pro and Classic sitting side by side and I've taste tested, they were nearly identical.

That said, Boost Mode coming in system update 4.5 for the Pro apparently smooths out Bloodborne's frame rate a lot.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular

How long ago did you last play it? The Pro runs non-Pro PS4 games exactly as they do on the base PS4 (unless you have the 4.5 beta and activate Boost Mode), so you've probably just opened your eyes to things you were ignoring beforehand.

Speaking of Boost Mode, Digital Foundry's been playing around with it and they're impressed:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-ps4-pro-boost-mode-tested-a-game-changer-for-unpatched-titles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftBB3ffc5A8

There's more testing incoming, this was just the first taste.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular
    If anybody has Steep, they're releasing the Alaska map for free on Friday, no season pass required. Which is great, I think that it should be free, but I'm still waiting for that purchase to actually yield something.

PSN: thewheelz
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Stupid wrote: »
    Playing through the first three Uncharted games back-to-back provides a really interesting look at the game design process at Naughty Dog. It's easy to see how The Last of Us follows that progression.
    In some cases, very literally... a lot of those games have a "Behind the Scenes" movie or two about the design of those games as an unlockable.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I must have been spoiled by PC Souls. A Bloodborne patch sounds sweet though.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    I have a theory about the first three Uncharteds that really doesn't make sense, but I like it: (UNCHARTED 4 SPOILERS)
    So like, you know how there was 0 fantastical/paranormal stuff in Uncharted 4? I think that the first three games, as you play them, are just Nate recounting the adventures to Sam in Uncharted 4. He's just adding the paranormal/fantastical stuff as he tells the stories to Sam because that's how the Drakes roll.

Ya know, now that the hype is long past, I'm not that crazy about UC4.
    I am actually disappointed that there was no supernatural element. I also don't like how our goodbye to the series spends so much time on a brand new character (that I never grow to like as much as any of the old characters).

• Options
    Is this PSN maintenance legit, or is something else going on?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options

It's not really a Bloodborne patch, it's a system level setting that lets the system unlock the second half of the SoC to allow older games to use the full power of the CPU and GPU. The game itself won't change at all, it will still be capped at 30 FPS, but it will have a lot more horse power to render those 30 frames so the places in BB where it gets skippy and framey will smooth out.

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular

I gave up on PC Souls due to all the dirty hackers. Going back to PS for the series was a nice competitive cheater-free environment.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Thread: Far Cry 4, or Far Cry Primal?

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Thread: Far Cry 4, or Far Cry Primal?

Far Cry 4, easily

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Depends on what you're looking for. 4 looks a lot like Blood Dragon and 3 to me, so I skipped it and played Primal.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Primal looks like they took the boring parts of 4 and expanded it to a full game.

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    I'll be the dissenting vote. Both are good but Primal was a leaner, meaner experience.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I enjoyed both Far Cry 4 and Primal. Far Cry 4 is a much meatier game, though, and the transportation options are pretty awesome (mini 2-man chopper!). It also has an awesome co-op mode. One of my favorite memories was one of my friends hanging out in the back seat of the chopper while I was piloting it, and sniping a sniper guard in a tower from 100 meters away with a bow. It was pretty epic.

Primal is a much more focused game and I enjoyed the community-building aspect of it. I also enjoyed that flying birds are your "UAV" for radar.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    I'm on the Far Cry 4 band wagon as well. I found Primal boring and trite, I loved Far Cry 4. I think Dirty's description is spot on: They took all the parts of Far Cry 4 I found boring and made a game out of it.

• Options
    Thanks peeps. I like the aesthetic of Primal but looks only get you so far, 4 it is.

• Options
    FC4 also has Pagan Min. While he's no Vaas Montenegro, he's still a great character.

Primal has nothing memorable, god it was so boring...

• Options
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    FC4 also has Pagan Min. While he's no Vaas Montenegro, he's still a great character.

Primal has nothing memorable, god it was so boring...

it had mammoths you racist

• Options
    FC4 had bald mammoths. The superior mammoths!

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Far Cry 4 has coop but not split screen. Does Primal have coop? If so, is it split screen?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    jclast wrote: »
    Far Cry 4 has coop but not split screen. Does Primal have coop? If so, is it split screen?

no co-op at all

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Better question is with horizon about to come out why you'd play either far cry when your about to see their weird robot dino future love child

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    You make an excellent point considering I have Horizon pre-ordered!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    @Ceno stop bumping the old thread.

• Options
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    Better question is with horizon about to come out why you'd play either far cry when your about to see their weird robot dino future love child

Well, I think the Far Cry games are on sale right now. FC4 is cheaper and guaranteed to be a pretty good time. Horizon still has a chance to be poop from a butt.

• Options
    Unless you count taming animal friends like bears and badgers and having them attack people for you, there is no co-op.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    @Ceno stop bumping the old thread.

Sorry. I still had it bookmarked.

• Options
    SeGaTai wrote: »

I don't usually buy anything new/not on sale, especially an unproven IP and doubly so as my finances have taken a bit of a downturn. Horizon does look great but I can wait for it.

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I'm still new to the Playstation's UI; is there a place to see your total playtime and stats for a game like the Xbox has?

Edit: Also, is there a reason after installing the game it puts it on your home . . . bar? I'd like it if I could just go to Library and select what I want to play, unless the game disc is in the system.

AuburnTiger on
    XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    The home bar holds the most recently used games, be it installing or playing. You can also create custom folders on the home bar and put your games in there.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I'm still new to the Playstation's UI; is there a place to see your total playtime and stats for a game like the Xbox has?

Edit: Also, is there a reason after installing the game it puts it on your home . . . bar? I'd like it if I could just go to Library and select what I want to play, unless the game disc is in the system.

For playtime, find your save file and hit Option > Information

Renzo on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »

For playtime, find your save file and hit Options > Information

Is this for every game? If so, I never knew this and that's awesome

• Options

Not sure, but I checked my Gravity Rush 2 time on it a few days ago.

• Options
    And I explained it wrong anyway. It's the Option button, then Information.

• Options

My Gravity Rush 2 time is like 288 days. I think putting it into standby mode screwed the timer up. That or I got a super early copy and have been playing it a hell of a lot longer than I thought.

• Options

My Gravity Rush 2 time is like 288 days. I think putting it into standby mode screwed the timer up. That or I got a super early copy and have been playing it a hell of a lot longer than I thought.

Yeah, some game play time trackers don't play well with standby. The Witcher 3 is another one. I didn't play it for 300hrs. I could have, sure, but I didn't. But that's what my save file says.

• Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    So, I've played Dynasty Warriors: Godseekers now for 30+ hours, and here are my conclusions:
    1. Like regular DW, the combat might get a bit monotonous/boring, which is weird for a tactics game.
    2. But that's because after you've mastered the Synchro-system, nothing gets added that much; there is no cavalry, or special tricks, besides the 5 unit types. So initially it seemed deep, but in fact it quite a tactics-lite game.
    3. It's still fun, though you can't breeze through the story; you need to a few sidequests so that your officers aren't horribly underleveled.
    4. Apparently when you finish the story, New Game+ is that all opponents are max level, and you get way more SP (for leveling the skill grid) than usual, so it's there that you will be leveling your dudes and dudettes to the max.
    5. It is kind of addictive, and I think it should be quite fun "on the go" with a Vita

Conclusion: it's an okay Tactics game, not the next Final Fantasy Tactics, but hey, still pretty fun and acceptable.
    You have loads of things to unlock, and will spend quite a bit of time getting everything out of it.

Do not play a drinking game where you have to drink each time they say the following words:
    • Virtue
    • Chaos
    • Ambition
    • Master
    because you will be dead quite quickly :lol:

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius