As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Early Meetups

EL_Limon_CubanoEL_Limon_Cubano Boston, MARegistered User regular
Would there be people interested in a early meetup? Anyone arriving early or from the local area to meetup a day or 2 ahead?

We can plan on location and plans. Just seeing if there would be interest.

drhmrzipmoio.png

• ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    Yes, there are usually several community run meet-up, parties, dinners, and tours starting a few days before PAX. There is the Magical Mystery Tour, Pre-Pax Dinner, PokeCrawl, Pinny Dinner, Game Night...just to name a few.

Keep your yes open for the party thread as well as the individual event threads, they usually start popping up a couple months before PAX.

• RedK232RedK232 Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Yea im planning on heading up the day before just not sure when cause i dont wanna wake up at like 4am and leave around 5/5:30am again. But yea meet-up stuff doesnt usually start showing up till prob late december/January since its in march this time.

RedK232 on
    xhdr64jir3c2.png
  • imnotalawyerimnotalawyer Registered User regular
    My fiancée and I always get in early on Thursday and our first stop (after checking in) is always Harpoon Brewery for a beer and some delicious pretzels. That would make for a nice meet up.

Alternatively we also make a point of making it down to the prepax board game night at the Westin

faPgNTD
  • EL_Limon_CubanoEL_Limon_Cubano Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I live in Boston so maybe we can plan something out for Thursday

drhmrzipmoio.png
  • DorksmetalDorksmetal Ann ArborRegistered User regular
    I will be trying to attend a few of the previous pax meet ups, my first year I went, I went solo and was staying at a friend's house outside the city, this year I'm going to try to get more involved with the larger community.

• craiolacraiola MARegistered User regular
    Personally the only pre pax meet up I've participated in was the Pre Pax Board Game night. Not sure if thats happening this year (as it almost didn't happen last year.) But I had a blast!

DXLJjjr.png
    Yea last year there was like a pre-pax dinner the night before i would really like to go this time around since ill be heading up thursday instead of friday morning. Wasnt as active checking this last year so missed a few that i was thinking of doing. I just gotta remember to keep checking more often.

xhdr64jir3c2.png
    There will be a Pre-PAX dinner this year ...I'm finalizing some details and will have a post up about it in early February.

edited January 2017
    Nice!. Hoping to make it this time around. Ill be at another convention from 2/15-2/20 so gotta remember to check it often. What was included with the Pre-Pax dinner last year?. I didnt come up till friday morning last time is it close to the convention?.

RedK232 on
    xhdr64jir3c2.png
  • theadman2315theadman2315 PhillyRegistered User regular
    yeah I'll be there thursday during the day to "see the sites" if anyone wants to do tourist stuff

Chickens can fly
    I've seen it
    yeah I'll be there thursday during the day to "see the sites" if anyone wants to do tourist stuff

You should join the Magical Mystery Tour.

• theadman2315theadman2315 PhillyRegistered User regular

You should join the Magical Mystery Tour.

What is the magical mystery tour?

Chickens can fly
    I've seen it
    edited February 2017
    A group from the forums, led by @punzie, check out the sites on Wed and Thurs before PAX. It's a great way to see the city, they usually stop for lunch, it's a good time.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/209637/magical-mystery-tour-wed-thu-prepax-adventures#latest

ClannMorgan on