As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PAX South 17] It's Over. See You Next Time

1383940414244»

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    So one of my coworker's daughters went to South and apparently won the Dominion tourney.

That seems like a game that's incredible at the competitive level, just going by word of mouth.

All whipping up counter economies on the fly, depending on what cards get selected for play.

Dominion is such a fun game. I really like both that and 7 Wonders Duel. They fit well with the way my brain works on games.

steam_sig.png
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    So one of my coworker's daughters went to South and apparently won the Dominion tourney.

That seems like a game that's incredible at the competitive level, just going by word of mouth.

All whipping up counter economies on the fly, depending on what cards get selected for play.

Dominion is such a fun game. I really like both that and 7 Wonders Duel. They fit well with the way my brain works on games.

If you like Dominion, let me tell you about this little game called Mystic Vale

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82IFdXD3QWo

IKknkhU.gif
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Werewolf One Night was my new favorite game I learned at PAX

Followed closely by Codenames

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »

You mean that game you told me about Saturday that i said looked baller?

steam_sig.png
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Oh right

Look, I kinda lost track of who I talked about Mystic Vale to

EDIT: Also I just found out it has an expansion now?!?

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular

I ordered Ultimate One Night Werewolf before I even got home from PAX. Played it with my usual group last Saturday, and it went over pretty well. One significant other who doesn't usually show up was astoundingly bad at bluffing, to the point that we had to stop playing earlier than we would have otherwise, but everyone else had a good time. Having the app run it was definitely nice in a quieter environment.

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »

That thing they do with the cards where they're all transparent and they stack together to do different things is pretty cool. Also the art looks really good!

• YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Mystic Vale is pretty fun.

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    one night werewolf didn't do much for me but maybe i just needed to play it a little more

codenames seemed cool though

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular

Speaking of Codenames...
    Zonugal wrote: »
    So last night I introduced my roommates to the Codenames board game. I bought it at PAX-South and thought they might enjoy it.

And they did!

But what they didn't enjoy was that I chugged six beers while playing it and won every game. Didn't matter which combination of people I played with or which position I was in, I would win.

I was the infallible, drunken spymaster.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I still prefer Legendary to Dominion. Less completely insane broken cards and the Marvel theme really do it for me.

Also the Big Trouble in Little China Legendary is great.

Pinfeldorf on
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Been a while since I looked at TTS, the Betrayal expansion is up, so is Codenames and Tsuro and Werewolf and basically everything else we played.

I haven't actually used TTS. How's that interface? Cause that seems like it's the thing most likely to get on my nerves.

It's very intuitive, and they thought of almost everything. There's even a button to blindfold yourself so you can play Mafia-like games like Avalon. There's a VR mode too.

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I just played codenames with some friends this last weekend, its really really great

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    How does TTS work with licences games, do you have to buy some of these games again in-game (like Betrayal) or something?

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    Naphtali wrote: »
    How does TTS work with licences games, do you have to buy some of these games again in-game (like Betrayal) or something?

I think the rights holders can object to the games being up and they are immediately taken down. Most like their games being on there though, I'm pretty sure, because more people hear about their games and want to buy them to play with friends in meatspace.

But no, you don't need to purchase a license. You just subscribe to the game in the Steam workshop and Bob's your uncle.

Can I still use the software if my uncle's name is Alfred?

godmode wrote: »

No but you can keep us all in suspense

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    godmode wrote: »

Actually as part of using Tabletop Simulator Bob is now your uncle. Always read the EULA carefully.

Any of you dorks on snapchat

• Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    ewwwww

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

That was a test, I was testing you

• NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    I am of course on snapchat

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular

Badges on sale this Thursday, dates are Jan 18-20. Who's ready to start trying to pick a party house?

Aaaagghhh I hate that I’m missing this year

We’ll have a 4-month old by then

Aaaagghhh I hate that I’m missing this year

We’ll have a 4-month old by then

It won't be the same without y'all.

But you'll probably be getting about as much sleep as everyone there, so, there in spirit. Or something.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I'm so glad that they're announcing it in advance again. I just hope it continues to walk the line between being a viable/profitable venture and not selling out in an instant/being super uncomfortably crowded convention? Does that make sense?

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Well, I know I'm not running home and seeing if I can use reward points to reserve flights/hotels for this thing (that happens to take place a week after my birthday). I assume none of the rest of you are either.

• Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Crap, timing couldn't be worse for me. I may have to try to snag some tickets secondhand if they sell out of all three days before the end of the month.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
    I feel like 8 years of PAX East conditioned me to do that anyway, but I won't have my paycheck until Friday.

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    I'm gonna wait to get mine until I've got more room in my bank account, but South sells out so slowly I'm not concerned

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Aaaaaaaaa dammit I might be getting ready to move right around that time.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Wait what. Why'd this thread from last PAX ago get revived and not the one from this year?

Madican on
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    i dunno if im 100 percent on for this year but i will certainly try

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Raw ConcreteRaw Concrete Registered User regular
    My buddy already messaged me with a calendar invite for this :biggrin: I'm planning on attending, hopefully I'll be able to hang out for more of the fun next go round.

Oh, come and shake me 'till I'm dry
    Madican wrote: »
    Wait what. Why'd this thread from last PAX ago get revived and not the one from this year?

Because I'm phone posting and this is what came up first when I searched for the thread. And I also really don't care. Someone should make a new thread for 2019 South anyway.

edited August 2018