As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Even as the world crumbles around us, we still have [Miss Universe]

2»

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Ketar wrote: »
    Making jewelry, ornaments, wallets and lots of house wares and glassware from recycled items is a big thing in many areas of Africa. It's pretty cool that Tanzania did a costume centered on that movement.

Perhaps, but if you're going to represent that in this ceremony, at the very least you should be dressed as a single, gigantic bedazzled water bottle.

Frankly this year is an all-over disappointment because of the lack of hugely silly costumes like last year's Tuk Tuk costume. If you're not going silly as fuck you're doing it wrong.

Well, there's Miss Myanmar:

Miss-Universe-2016-National-Costumes-Tom-Lorenzo-Site-Miss-Myanmar.jpg

...OK, that's less "silly" and more "very pointed political commentary".

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    That's an amazing costume.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    Making jewelry, ornaments, wallets and lots of house wares and glassware from recycled items is a big thing in many areas of Africa. It's pretty cool that Tanzania did a costume centered on that movement.

Yeah... I kind of don't want to criticize the costume because it is clearly intended to reflect this... but the execution is pretty awful. Like I think it would have been much better to make a perfectly functional dress out of colorful recycled plastics instead.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    The Ender wrote: »

Yeah... I kind of don't want to criticize the costume because it is clearly intended to reflect this... but the execution is pretty awful. Like I think it would have been much better to make a perfectly functional dress out of colorful recycled plastics instead.

Oh, the execution is definitely awful. I just like that they were attempting to pay tribute to a very real phenomenon.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Miss-Universe-2016-National-Costumes-Tom-Lorenzo-Site-Miss-Norway.jpg

Methinks Miss Norway needs to let it go.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Miss-Universe-2016-National-Costumes-Tom-Lorenzo-Site-Miss-Germany.jpg

oh dear

how did this happen

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Literally what she is saying while walking onto the stage

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Okay, I can screw up drawing stick figures, but even I can make a better representation of Neuschwanstein than that.

Ludwig's fairytale dream deserves so much better.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai