As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It's Steven's Universe, We All Just Live in It

• NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    Peridot was pretty good this episode

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    I want to hear everybody's Garnet impression now.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    "I almost drowned a lot of people."

• Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Connie's attempt at a Steven-style speech was hilariously lame.

"You didn't even cry!"

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    So I guess the distributors are doubling down on cutting the seasons off early, because package 5 stops in the middle of the last Steven Bomb. If, for instance, you wanted to just watch the steven bomb, you'd either have to buy both season packs or buy the 3 episode blocks that contain it, because 5 only got up to 10. Same deal with the last one!

They're doing it again. Why are they doing it again?

Packages 1, 2, and 3 each had 26 eps in 13 25-minute blocks.

Package 4 stops 6 episodes short of the S3 finale, and now 5 has been cut off halfway through season 4, so package 6 starts in the middle of season 4's steven bomb and will probably contain the start of season 5.

Also, the HD package for 1 2 and 3 are $25 each. 4 is $19 while 5 is $20. Considering the ratio of episodes, that's a pretty balanced price overall.

HD Package 6 is Thirty-five god damn dollars. That's $4 less than 4 and 5 combined. What the hell is going on, here?

I asked Sugar about it in a tweet but she probably gets too many to respond to more than a handful.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i would doubt she has much if any say in how the show gets distributed and sold

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I love how we all came up with these super serious theories about time dilation and the earth crew getting their battle mode on

and instead we get

well, this episode

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »
    So Star vs the Forces of Evil is also back.

And

I am now on the SS Marcopu.
    Also Marco is like 31 now, I guess.
    yea, I was thinking that as well. Really trying to drive that wedge between Star and Marco.

And I'm not sure how id feel in marco's shoes. That's existential levels of temporal shenanigans. I've had nightmares about having to go back to highschool because of credits or missed classes and shit that I knew but had to go back for. Marco is living that now.
    I think Marco needed that confidence boost. He knows what his potential is now. Also time shenanigans are a hilarious reset button so he has to re-earn his badass points

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    edited February 2017

Of course not. I just thought it's possible she might have some insight into the reason why they're doing it in this way.

Kinda wondering what I need to do to get people to stop telling me things I already know. Maybe I need to just start over-explaining everything I say to cover all my bases.

Goatmon on

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Oh Gravity falls fans
    http://www.barnesandnoble.com/mobile/w/gravity-falls-alex-hirsch/1125015256?efan=9781368002509

A bit to rich for my blood maybe Ill find it later used

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I love how we all came up with these super serious theories about time dilation and the earth crew getting their battle mode on

and instead we get

well, this episode

I mean, did anyone actually expect time dilation? That's not really in the show's oeuvre.

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    This was a great episode

BLM - ACAB
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »

and instead we get

well, this episode

I mean, did anyone actually expect time dilation? That's not really in the show's oeuvre.

The show enjoys being a really good stealth sci-fi show on occassion, the ruby's ship is specifically modelled after a theoretical ship that uses space time, and they went out of their way to point out how space travel was effecting light. It was not unreasonable.

Quire.jpg
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »

and instead we get

well, this episode

The show enjoys being a really good stealth sci-fi show on occassion, the ruby's ship is specifically modelled after a theoretical ship that uses space time, and they went out of their way to point out how space travel was effecting light. It was not unreasonable.

Seems like there was a little. They were gone a few days, it seems.

a few days was expected and not unreasonable. we were worried about months or years passing, since that's how normal physics works atm. and that Rebecca loves to sucker punch you with emotional heartbreak and existential crisis at times.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    a few days was expected and not unreasonable. we were worried about months or years passing, since that's how normal physics works atm. and that Rebecca loves to sucker punch you with emotional heartbreak and existential crisis at times.

Yeah, but that would be a significant change to the local status quo. And also require a noticeable design change for a lot of characters.

• WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »
    I want to hear everybody's Garnet impression now.
    "I'm not going to say anything, but I expect you to understand that what you did was wrong."

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
    edited February 2017
    The New Crystal Gems
    I LOVE Pearl's "I have trained you well" nod to Connie

Goatmon on

• WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited February 2017
    Goatmon wrote: »

Of course not. I just thought it's possible she might have some insight into the reason why they're doing it in this way.

Kinda wondering what I need to do to get people to stop telling me things I already know. Maybe I need to just start over-explaining everything I say to cover all my bases.

Hey maybe don't be a jerk

Also volume 6 hd is 20$ on iTunes, is it seriously more elsewhere

Whippy on
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I fucking love Pumpkin. He's like every derpy dog I've ever had.

• DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »

Pretty sure it was $10 more on Google Play

• MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    For HD it's 20 on google play.

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Randy ButternubbsRandy Butternubbs Registered User regular
    Pumpkin is best crystal gem

• ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    "money"

• kowikowi Registered User regular
    Pumpkin is my favourite gem.

PSN: kowi - WiiU: kowi - XBL: KoWi - twitch.tv/kowi profile.png - "Yes, Kowi is the King of All" - smilie.png Unbreakable Vow
    edited February 2017

It's very nearly double that price on Amazon. No idea why this is. I assume it is an accident, because people can easily just get it much cheaper at multiple other online outlets.

lQui3or.png

Goatmon on

That's fucked up
    khr0ipfo50s8.png

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I'm a wizard and that looks fucked up

PNk1Ml4.png
    This conversation convinced me to buy it on iTunes just in case the 20 is the mistake and it really is 35

I....also might have bought the first season of riverdale while I was there

edited February 2017
    I want to assume amazon made some mistake, because whatever short-term profit they gain from this will very easily be outweighed by lost sales to itunes when Amazon customers realize they're getting screwed.

As it is, there's ZERO reason to charge that much for it. HD 4&5 combined are only $4 more. It just doesn't make sense.

Goatmon on

Let me introduce you to a guy I know, @goatmon
    Gordon Gekko. He's got some real eye opening ideas.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    This conversation convinced me to buy it on iTunes just in case the 20 is the mistake and it really is 35

I just can't bring myself to give a single care for Riverdale. The previews that offered a show based on Archie as a murder mystery full of sex just....no...just no...

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »

I just can't bring myself to give a single care for Riverdale. The previews that offered a show based on Archie as a murder mystery full of sex just....no...just no...

Its the best new show on tv

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular

Thats not necessarily an encouraging comment to me at least. I don't watch a bunch of TV, so my standards are kinda high. But generally I'm a real snob when it comes to TV or Movies adapting a book (even a comic book). Diverting so much from the source material just feels wrong...down to my bones.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • doomybeardoomybear Hi People Registered User regular

It's very nearly double that price on Amazon. No idea why this is. I assume it is an accident, because people can easily just get it much cheaper at multiple other online outlets.

lQui3or.png

Weird, I bought it on Amazon and it was only $20 for me. I'm a prime member, though, so that could explain the price difference.

what a happy day it is
    I have Prime also, so that's probably not the reason.

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular

Thats not necessarily an encouraging comment to me at least. I don't watch a bunch of TV, so my standards are kinda high. But generally I'm a real snob when it comes to TV or Movies adapting a book (even a comic book). Diverting so much from the source material just feels wrong...down to my bones.

Archie's reimagining in the Waid title, in the new Jughead title, in Afterlife with Archie, and (apparently, I haven't watched it) in Riverdale is the best thing to happen to the property in ten thousand years

Archie owners have been going nuts with the property for years and it is 100% to the benefit of everyone involved

dN0T6ur.png
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited February 2017

I would've agreed with you up until I watched the first episode of Legion, cus I really dug that show. I get that's it not for everyone and that some people can't invest in the style of story it tells, but dang that's a good show.

Riverdale is still incredible though. It revels in how trashy it is.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Gmon, don't know what to tell you but I have prime as well and it only cost me $20. You're in the US right? If so maybe drop a line to customer support?

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
This discussion has been closed.