As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] 2016 Season Summed Up in a Single Photograph

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    his football training paid off again that day

• Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    mrOFcxs.png
    Why can't I hold all these Lombardis?

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Apparently Kyle Shannahan isn't going to hire an offensive coordinator?

Dude is going to be overwhelmed with work next season.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    mcp wrote: »

Matt Schaub will be the unofficial OC.

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular

He is just going to call the plays, he has a QB coach with game planning ability and a run game guru lined up. It is not super uncommon for a coach to call one side of the ball himself.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    That or Jed York is just too cheap to hire one, which is an actual possibility.

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Hawkstone wrote: »

He is just going to call the plays, he has a QB coach with game planning ability and a run game guru lined up. It is not super uncommon for a coach to call one side of the ball himself.
    Yeah, but they generally have an OC.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    That 49ers offense is such a well oiled machine that it will run itself.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    McShay's mock draft has SF taking Watson at #2.

That's quite a leap.

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Hawkstone wrote: »

Yeah, but they generally have an OC.

Technically speaking even though it isn't in name, I would allege by the way he worded it he considers those to guys his "OC's". When asked about hiring a coordinator he brought up the QB coach and Run game coach he plans to hire.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I remember when favre was on the vikings the offense was pretty much running itself

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »

That's quite a leap.

GM's will always....ALWAYS talk themselves into drafting a QB high.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular

That's quite a leap.

And aiming to get him in the second round is risky as he likely won't get passed on by Cleveland a second time and I'm sure Houston is considering him in the first.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular

That's quite a leap.

Watson at 2 makes a hell of a lot more sense than fucking Jarrod Goff.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    I remember when favre was on the vikings the offense was pretty much running itself

Which turned out super well

• Options
    goff went at 1!

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular

Aside from a heart-breaking loss in the NFC championship, yeah.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

You mean when they were just about the best team in the NFC and almost got to the Super Bowl?

• Options
    I believe they were the best team that year and though I'm admittedly a Favre apologist I think there's an argument Childress blew the nfc championship before Favre did.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    AP fumbled like 4 times that game

• Options
    edited February 2017
    They also somehow managed to have 12 men in the huddle after a timeout right before the game sealing interception

Butters on
  • Options
    Patriots refusing to go to the White House is so far:
    Martellus Bennett
    Devin McCourty
    Chris Long
    Dont'a Hightower
    James White
    Legarret Blount
    Alan Branch

• Options

You mean when they were just about the best team in the NFC and almost got to the Super Bowl?

i'm talking about when they put all their eggs in one basket with an aging QB for a one year shot at a title instead of trying to build a foundation for later that wound up hamstringing the franchise for half a decade

• Options
    bill can't cut all of them.

can he?

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    well he probably will as there are tons of people more than willing to play pro and have the skills.
    But trading for them and acquiring them would be a heroic thing so he might bench them or demote them to practice squad either way the NFLPA will throw a fit

Cleveland should hire a necromancer to raise Art Modell so his corpse wanders Cleveland for the rest of his unlife

• Options

i'm talking about when they put all their eggs in one basket with an aging QB for a one year shot at a title instead of trying to build a foundation for later that wound up hamstringing the franchise for half a decade

If memory serves me correct the Jets released Favre and the Vikings didn't sacrifice much of anything for a legitimate shot at the ultimate goal in the sport.

• Options
    Butters wrote: »

If memory serves me correct the Jets released Favre and the Vikings didn't sacrifice much of anything for a legitimate shot at the ultimate goal in the sport.

And yet somehow it was still more than they should have given up

• Options
    I get that you don't like Favre as he has a lot of loathsome qualities but your argument that he held the franchise back doesn't hold much water. Before Favre they were going nowhere fast with Gus Ferotte and after him they drafted Christian Ponder. I don't know how you can attribute those decisions to Favre

• Options
    edited February 2017
    You want to talk about putting all your eggs in one basket why not talk about this past season when they traded a first round pick for Sam fucking Bradford? At least Favre was a free agent.

Butters on
  • Options
    At least Favre got them to playoffs after they had a 5-0 start

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Bradford is awful

Xehalus on
  • Options
    Bradford is serviceable but not even close to worth a first round pick.

• Options
    Bradford is serviceable but not even close to worth a first round pick.

I am not even sure he is serviceable...he honestly seems to be the worst sort of bad in that he is just ok enough to fool people into thinking he is starter material when that has almost never been true. He barely keeps the job for a couple of wasted years and then moves on. That is a guy who actually sets your franchise back.

• Options
    I read that John Lynch's 9 year old daughter cried and said, "The 49ers suck!" when he told her he accepted the job.

• Options
    "I think the toughest one -- I haven't told this yet to the media -- all my kids took it really well," Lynch said. "They were shocked but they took it really well. My 9-year-old started bawling, and she's not that girl. She's the one that was always happy. And she was crying, and I said, 'What's wrong Leah? Are you afraid? Is there some nervous anxiety about moving?' And she said, 'No daddy,' and she was sobbing. And I said, 'What's wrong?' And she said, 'The 49ers are horrible.' So, I said, 'Well, I think that's why they hired your daddy."

• Options
    more football players as GMs

• Options
    Rotoworld wrote:
    Buccaneers GM Jason Licht said K Roberto Aguayo "needs to have a great camp" to make the team.

"We will do everything we can to bring in the best competition at that position," said Licht. "I think Dirk [Koetter] even said he’s not locked into this roster." Aguayo is on notice after making just 71 percent of his kicks as a rookie last season. Pewter Report's Scott Reynolds suggests the Bucs could bring in Steven Hauschka to compete with Aguayo this summer. Hauschka is an impending free agent and probably won't be back with the Seahawks, who just signed former Vikings kicker Blair Walsh to a new deal.

something something trade up for 2nd round kicker something something only success can come

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Myles Jarrett, one of the top prospects in the draft, is featured in ESPN's Snapchat story right now, begging Jerry Jones to trade Romo+draft picks to Cleveland to get the first overall pick and then draft him.

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    the Seahawks, who just signed former Vikings kicker Blair Walsh to a new deal.

so it was an inside job

Hjorvarthr on
This discussion has been closed.