As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

WHO ELSE CAN DO [chat]!

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    it would piss me off if it isn't a Windows thing and instead is a mobo issue. which can never be ruled out

mobo issue means it's a total loss on a 6 year old rig. New CPU and even if you could stitch together the rest of the parts enough to shout It's Alive! you wouldn't want to lean on a video card or PSU that old for very long

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    The Ender wrote: »
    Inevitably something will explode and then everything will get too loud to hear over again and then I'll be too tired to figure it out so I probably have to do this now in the lull

Do you have a doctor you go see for check-ups and stuff?

If you do, ask them if they have a recommendation for a therapist.

No I do not! I just go to the folks on campus for that unless I am truly dying and then I just use Dr's on Demand.

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    I know there's no hallucinogens or any of that other stuff but I've heard some people say it's a different feeling than regular alcohol.

I'm just kinda wanting to try it. I guess we'll see how it goes!

It's stronger than other liqueurs. It's usually around 70% alcohol.

*wooo!*

That's a spicy meat-a-ball-a!

but no seriously the mythology around absinthe is bullshit and it's 100% because you're drunk that you feel all fucked up

also the reason you drink it with a sugar cube is that it tastes like garbage

also its height of popularity in France also coincided with poor sanitation and opium addiction

so absinthe drinkers were using it to kill pathogens in tainted water while doing opium. and were probably starving.

yyeeeaahhhh

which probably felt a hell of a lot better than not drinking absinthe

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    I know there's no hallucinogens or any of that other stuff but I've heard some people say it's a different feeling than regular alcohol.

*wooo!*

but no seriously the mythology around absinthe is bullshit and it's 100% because you're drunk that you feel all fucked up

also its height of popularity in France also coincided with poor sanitation and opium addiction

so absinthe drinkers were using it to kill pathogens in tainted water while doing opium. and were probably starving.

yyeeeaahhhh

that's fuckin metal

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

*wooo!*

To me, all alcohol tastes like garbage, so it's less a "taste thing" and more a "fuck reality for a couple of hours".

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    another exciting saturday night for this man with many friends

GHNDsIZ.gif

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    it would piss me off if it isn't a Windows thing and instead is a mobo issue. which can never be ruled out

mobo issue means it's a total loss on a 6 year old rig. New CPU and even if you could stitch together the rest of the parts enough to shout It's Alive! you wouldn't want to lean on a video card or PSU that old for very long

Anything's possible, but a mobo issue is more likely to cause an issue in POST, or cause an issue under load.

It POSTs but Windows doesn't boot, that suggests a software problem to me.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

*wooo!*

To me, all alcohol tastes like garbage, so it's less a "taste thing" and more a "fuck reality for a couple of hours".

it will accomplish that

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Ughhhh

I'm starting to think maybe it's time for a therapist but I don't have money and the ones at school suck and I'd have to find one that was okay with queer shit and poly shit if I was going to be able to talk about my life or my friends at all

It feels like whenever my life briefly calms down I begun to be able to hear yelling, off in the distance, that had been being drowned out by all the noise, and then over time I realize the yelling is meeeee oh no

Do you mind revealing which county you reside in?

Hampshire County, Mass. I actually asked the Western Mass Queer Exchange fb group for recommendations recently but they're all fairly far from the bus route and also just thinking about it stresses me the fuck out so I keep not calling any

Also we have a deductible sooo

In-person referrals:
    The Social Work Therapy Referral Service, MA Chapter of the National Association of Social Workers: Statewide 800-242-9794.
    CHD Easthampton: http://chd.org/counseling/locations/easthampton/
    Psychology Today directory: https://therapists.psychologytoday.com/rms/county/MA/Hampshire.html
    Massachusetts APA directory: http://www.masspsych.org/search/custom.asp?id=1452

Specifically, look for "sliding-scale" therapists and social workers. Note that poly-friendly, queer-friendly, and kink-friendly therapists are actually pretty common in more liberal areas. It's still good to ask, especially about poly, but that's not going to be a big barrier.

Can you quote and batsignal me with this or PM it to me so I can keep it for tomorrow, it's awesome I had no idea there was like a service you could use to find someone? That's cool

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I want a minecraftbut game

And I like but do not love Ark

Empyrion or Astroneer?

have you played either of those games?

I have them on my Steam follow list but I'm suspicious of Early Access.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

*wooo!*

it will accomplish that

Mission accomplished.

• Options

Anything's possible, but a mobo issue is more likely to cause an issue in POST, or cause an issue under load.

It POSTs but Windows doesn't boot, that suggests a software problem to me.

and for some reason system restore is completely off. I used it maybe 2 years ago so I know I had it running

I also have been near hard drive capacity for months so I might have carelessly nuked it trying to squeeze out some more space

I don't know where my Windows 7 disc is and at this point I'm done fucking with it.

off to Microcenter it is

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    this PC served it's purpose longer than any car I've owned

it's long overdue for retirement. I wanted to make it until April but whatever I've got a credit card

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular

*wooo!*

yyeeeaahhhh

The greatest difference comes from being able to light it aflame.

Put the fork over the glass
    Place sugar cube on fork
    Pour absinthe into glass over sugar cube
    Light the sugar cube on fire
    Wait for sugar to brown slightly at the corners
    Pour water into glass over sugar
    Stir sugar cube into mixture
    Ensure this has extinguished the flame
    Drink sightly warmed liquor mixture

Feel awesome

• Options

Empyrion or Astroneer?

have you played either of those games?

I have them on my Steam follow list but I'm suspicious of Early Access.

I've played Empyrion.

It's pretty cool, but it definitely has that early access feel of lack of content. The building in creative mode is p goddamned spectacular, and it has all of the systems in place. It just needs more meat on the bones. The survival aspects are definitely not hardcore in nature.

It still has the Minecraft "blocks" thing going on, but there's about 20 different shapes and you can rotate on any axis, but you can't overlap within the "block area" if that makes sense.

The landscape is voxel based so you can dig massive caverns with a drill.

This is part of my little creative mode home base I'm building just to mess with the construction aspects.

cqbz5az6m9gh.jpg

• Options
    Sleep wrote: »

*wooo!*

yyeeeaahhhh

Place sugar cube on fork

Feel awesome

totes

that's one of the best tricks of high-proof alcohol

also, carefully inhale the vapors from a safe distance

• Options
    Sleep wrote: »

*wooo!*

yyeeeaahhhh

Place sugar cube on fork

Feel awesome

dang this is exactly the kind of ritual I could get on board with

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited February 2017

It's not as good as any of the games where building is the whole point, eg: minecraft, space engineers, terraria, etc

building is much less derpy than Ark and its only been in early access for like a week

However there is not a large variety of things to build

override367 on
  • Options
    Conan sounds interesting.

• Options
    I think one of the coolest things about Empyrion is the plans system. You can build bases and spaceships and then upload them to the Workshop.

• Options
    I like the feeling of taming a hazardous wilderness. I like building in Minecraft in survival on hard mode.

Conan is sounding appealing.

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    Got a lot further in Xenoblade Chronicles. Still nowhere near the end.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Zephiance fell asleep watching 24 with me and she is in R.E.M. Sleep. Eyes movement finger twitching. It's cute. I hope I'm not being a dick in her dream.

• Options
    I took one of the leftover dentist lorezepam mini doses and now I feel like a human being who could possibly sleep instead of a ball of directionless dread BUT my friend who is doing Peace Core in Ethiopia texted me and I can't go to bed because we never get to talk

*very gentle "aaaaa"*

• Options
    At least I have all the members of my party now.

Well, at least I did for a little bit.

• Options
    I took one of the leftover dentist lorezepam mini doses and now I feel like a human being who could possibly sleep instead of a ball of directionless dread BUT my friend who is doing Peace Core in Ethiopia texted me and I can't go to bed because we never get to talk

*very gentle "aaaaa"*

ativan is scary

It's really really

really really

nice

and after using it for an extended time to counteract the stimulatory effects of prednisone it scares the hell out of me

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    I want to build a quarry and hook it up to my macerator and funnel all of the ore dust into my electric smelter... but also have an over-arching goal for what to do with that material aside from building more machines that mine more ore.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    okay i searched for @simonwolf on twitter so i could try to follow him

what i instead got was an adult dvd shop advertising a discount on YOUNG LUST 2

there's a message here

yeah that's me

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I like the feeling of taming a hazardous wilderness. I like building in Minecraft in survival on hard mode.

Conan is sounding appealing.

I'm going to build a much more sparse connection across the other half of the bridge and then set about building my slave army

• Options
    edited February 2017

*very gentle "aaaaa"*

ativan is scary

It's really really

really really

nice

and after using it for an extended time to counteract the stimulatory effects of prednisone it scares the hell out of me

I have a couple left over from needing it to be able to allow someone to shove needles in my mouth

It seems to take the ball of twisty fear that appears and go "ehhhhhhhhhhhhh but what if you.. didnt." It's like 1mg so it's like, I go from made of knives to made of less pointy knives

Weed does the same thing tho and I'd much prefer it so I think I will be laying in for a stash finally in the near future

Blameless Cleric on

• Options

*very gentle "aaaaa"*

ativan is scary

It's really really

really really

nice

*makes note of it and puts it on the list of VERY SCARY DRUGS I NEED TO STAY AWAY FROM list*

• Options

*very gentle "aaaaa"*

ativan is scary

It's really really

really really

nice

I have a couple left over from needing it to be able to allow someone to shove needles in my mouth

It seems to take the ball of twisty fear that appears and go "ehhhhhhhhhhhhh but what if you.. didnt." It's like 1mg so it's like, if I go from made of knives to made of less pointy knives

Weed does the same thing tho and I'd much prefer it so I think I will be laying in for a stash finally in the near future

Drug Baron Cleric

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Mmm ativan

• Options
    My dentist proscribed me like, a weird amount of it and it is dirt fucking cheap. Ativan: pretty weird

• Options
    Ativan by the van

• Options
    Husband is watching West Wing again.

I think this TV show is his ativan.

• Options
    Generic brand sleeping pills are my antivan.

We are so fucking stupid about drugs.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular

*very gentle "aaaaa"*

ativan is scary

It's really really

really really

nice

*makes note of it and puts it on the list of VERY SCARY DRUGS I NEED TO STAY AWAY FROM list*
    Mirapex for restless leg syndrome. Side effects may include hallucinations, increased gambling, sexual, or other overpowering urges...I have restless legs syndrome. It's annoying, but those side effects.

• Options
    The Ender wrote: »
    Generic brand sleeping pills are my antivan.

We are so fucking stupid about drugs.

don't get me started

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Bob Ross on Twitch is showing episodes from season 1

it is... so old. the audio distortion is impressively bad

This discussion has been closed.