As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

WHO ELSE CAN DO [chat]!

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    No you can buy either without

It's by the tylenol

• The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Feral wrote: »
    The Ender wrote: »
    Sleep wrote: »
    i
    Marijuana legalization is a bandaid.

International drug policy is deeply pathological.

Here's my favorite part.

Even ignoring the drug side of things, like forgetting entirely that it gets you high, hemp is universally useful it can be used for textiles, building materials, and food.

Like the marijuana plant is a fucking outright boon to humanity, and would make life better for everyone were it to be readily available everywhere.

It is illegal on all 7 continents and in almost every country, and it is illegal mostly because of racism in America.

It's literally the dumbest shit.

I am going to go to my local Pharmasave tomorrow and probably buy 12~ boxes of 'Extra Strength Sleep Aid Liquid Fastgels' because they are 2 for 1 and I prefer to have a decent stash so I'm not always running into town and/or caught in awkward situations where I need a good night's sleep and it ain't happening.

Nobody will say a word to me about this. People do this all the time and nobody questions it. Mostly I use these for sleep, but I discovered they can also be used to relieve stress as a side effect; to not mince words, you can (and I do!) use them for more or less recreational purposes.

A drug enforcement officer (I'm tempted to say advocate, but I have literally not once met such a person who was an advocate without also being an officer or someone tied to the enforcement end in a direct way) will tell me it's different because I'm not reselling the drugs and/or because the drugs don't have a secondary market where it would be possible for me to resell them. But this is a pretty bad argument because reselling shit is not the same thing as having a criminal empire. Any number of things with viable secondary markets are resold by bad people to fund horrible activities (firearms in the U.S., for example, are associated with a very large black market tied to extremely unscrupulous people) all of the time; we arbitrarily target & single-out drugs, and only specific kinds of drugs, because [???].

The data seems to repeatedly show that [???] is, 'because it is a good way to imprison and disenfranchise people of color,' but hey how dare you suggest drug policy is just an excuse for institutional racism!

/rant

what's the active ingredient in those?

in the US, over the counter sleeping pills are diphenhydramine or hippie shit

Yup; diphenhydramine hydrochloride.

It's off the shelf, not over the counter.

Does "off the shelf" mean you have to ask somebody for it?

No.

EDIT: I think I'm misusing terms, my bad. In my head, 'over the counter' means something you got from a pharmacist... but that's apparently not what it actually means.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular

we need a global drug organization that gives out free drugs

• redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    eating enough bendryl will cause you to hallucinate and absolutely not be able to keep a mental map of your surroundings in your head.

like, I turned off the lights in my living room and was immediately lost and had to wait for my eyes to adjust before i could find my way out the corner.

also everything will taste like styrofoam for 24 hours.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    A couple of months back I was maybe three stiff drinks in, which for me is a decent buzz but not particularly drunk.

My shoulders were killing me so I took a cyclobenzaprine.

and then tried to get up off the couch and my legs didn't work

I had to RL QWOP to bed

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    why did I play QWOP

I want to go to sleep

and I don't even know what to make a chat about

• DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    also I'm still very upset with myself for not failing on 69m

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »
    i

Here's my favorite part.

Even ignoring the drug side of things, like forgetting entirely that it gets you high, hemp is universally useful it can be used for textiles, building materials, and food.

Like the marijuana plant is a fucking outright boon to humanity, and would make life better for everyone were it to be readily available everywhere.

It is illegal on all 7 continents and in almost every country, and it is illegal mostly because of racism in America.

It's literally the dumbest shit.

I am going to go to my local Pharmasave tomorrow and probably buy 12~ boxes of 'Extra Strength Sleep Aid Liquid Fastgels' because they are 2 for 1 and I prefer to have a decent stash so I'm not always running into town and/or caught in awkward situations where I need a good night's sleep and it ain't happening.

Nobody will say a word to me about this. People do this all the time and nobody questions it. Mostly I use these for sleep, but I discovered they can also be used to relieve stress as a side effect; to not mince words, you can (and I do!) use them for more or less recreational purposes.

A drug enforcement officer (I'm tempted to say advocate, but I have literally not once met such a person who was an advocate without also being an officer or someone tied to the enforcement end in a direct way) will tell me it's different because I'm not reselling the drugs and/or because the drugs don't have a secondary market where it would be possible for me to resell them. But this is a pretty bad argument because reselling shit is not the same thing as having a criminal empire. Any number of things with viable secondary markets are resold by bad people to fund horrible activities (firearms in the U.S., for example, are associated with a very large black market tied to extremely unscrupulous people) all of the time; we arbitrarily target & single-out drugs, and only specific kinds of drugs, because [???].

The data seems to repeatedly show that [???] is, 'because it is a good way to imprison and disenfranchise people of color,' but hey how dare you suggest drug policy is just an excuse for institutional racism!

/rant

what's the active ingredient in those?

in the US, over the counter sleeping pills are diphenhydramine or hippie shit

Yup; diphenhydramine hydrochloride.

It's off the shelf, not over the counter.

Does "off the shelf" mean you have to ask somebody for it?

No.

EDIT: I think I'm misusing terms, my bad. In my head, 'over the counter' means something you got from a pharmacist... but that's apparently not what it actually means.

We use "over the counter" to mean both drugs available off the shelf and drugs available by request from pharmacist.

In the US, OTC is any drug available without a prescription, and pharmacists here do not give out RXs. Therefore things like pseudoephedrine and Plan B are OTC.

Sometimes we colloquially refer to those as "behind the counter."

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Husband is watching West Wing again.

I think this TV show is his ativan.

I tried to watch it but I can't get in to it. I was too politically aware going in I think so the show just annoys the shit out of me.

Create a the dystopian government as presented in CthulhuTech, where it's mandatory drugs for everyone to keep the public in a blissful haze & prevent total collapse of civilization.

With Love and Courage

Create a the dystopian government as presented in CthulhuTech, where it's mandatory drugs for everyone to keep the public in a blissful haze & prevent total collapse of civilization.

We Happy Few?

a gramme a day will keep the blues away

We Happy Few?

gimme dat Joy

With Love and Courage
  • kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    zVgAXpk.png

I would not say that I ran or jumped

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

I tried to watch it but I can't get in to it. I was too politically aware going in I think so the show just annoys the shit out of me.

Think of it as the brightest time line.

edited February 2017

Think of it as the brightest time line.

It's not though. It's not Utopian or anything, it's Sorkinian. Which is more clueles a lot of the time.

shryke on
  • Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    zVgAXpk.png

I would not say that I ran or jumped

i seem to remember from my misspent youth, that it should be possible to sort of skitter to the finish line

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    I should know posting at g&t at night means only the hardcore fanbois are out

For Honor is not going to be a good game.

• Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular

I think For Honor is the game where Pinecone saw a trailer for it and was like, deeply upset about the enshrining of nationalism and war and gladitorial combat or something

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    As my [chat] comes to a close, I just want to say a few words.

First ... I am terrible at QWOP. As such, I will not be seeking a second consecutive term in office. When my [chat] expires, there will be a new leader of the [chat] world.

Second, I am up far too late. I should amend that ASAP. Preemptive good night, in case I can't get around to a proper one.

Finally, take care of yourselves. Be careful with drugs. ALL drugs. Treat your mind and your body the way you would treat your lovers'.

Let us be bold. Let us continue to dream big dreams. Let's get our asses to Mars.

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Guys it's late, no creative bone left in my body and I like to assume the same in all humans. It's time to qwob. Post a screenshot of your best score, deadline is end of 99, highest score wins. Keep it clean!

I make no promise whatsoever to stay awake and see this through.

https://www.foddy.net/Athletics.html

this is hard I got to like 20 something by crawling on my thighs

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    oddly enough my muscle relaxers I got for my legs give me restless legs real bad when I go to sleep

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    @Jacobkosh @Preacher

I saw John Wick 2 tonight and rather enjoyed it. I have pretty mixed feelings about the very end. I'm not sure if it's an actual ending that is ambiguous or just a massive fucking set up for John Wick 3. But the rest of it was a lot of fun.
    The Catacombs bit was a really elaborate three gun course.

okay all I'm goin' to sleep

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Discovered a new kitten trick

When kitten is in death mode in the middle of the night arrange a blanket on the couch in such a way that there is a pocket for her to be placed in

Then pick kitten up and give belly rubs until, and this is very important, she is slightly annoyed but only enough that she begins flicking her tail and not enough that she decides your face is a target

Finally place kitten in blanket pocket and watch as she gives death stares to flicking tail until passing out due to the sheer amount of fronting

• KanaKana Registered User regular

Plenty of people in there have expressed big doubts about the game without receiving pushback, including me. Several have even made virtually the same observations that you have.

The reaction you're getting has everything to do with how you're expressing yourself

Like right here, where you're discounting anyone who disagrees with you as mere hardcore fanbois. Not enlightened about the game's complete shittiness like you are

Your post comes across 100% as "Oh, sorry, I just like good things, if you don't then feel free to buy this game"

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.

I think For Honor is the game where Pinecone saw a trailer for it and was like, deeply upset about the enshrining of nationalism and war and gladitorial combat or something

I wouldn't read too much into a stupid game that posits the worlds of samurai knights and Vikings mash up cause of time travel

I'm just unsure why I would play For Honor when Chivalry is right over there.

It does look (slightly) more pretty, but honestly a melee combat multiplayer game needs great netcode and a great user base before it needs PhysX tabbards.

With Love and Courage
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

this is amusing considering I've known about this game existing for all of three hours but yes clearly I am a hardcore fanboi

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    A couple of months back I was maybe three stiff drinks in, which for me is a decent buzz but not particularly drunk.

My shoulders were killing me so I took a cyclobenzaprine.

and then tried to get up off the couch and my legs didn't work

I had to RL QWOP to bed

feral of wall street

aRkpc.gif
    Jacobkosh Preacher

I saw John Wick 2 tonight and rather enjoyed it. I have pretty mixed feelings about the very end. I'm not sure if it's an actual ending that is ambiguous or just a massive fucking set up for John Wick 3. But the rest of it was a lot of fun.
    The Catacombs bit was a really elaborate three gun course.

my thing...
    if he didn't kill anyone, would anything at a change about the end of the movie?

he still would have no car and an entire assassin organization after him.

nothing that happens matters. in no way does wick change or grow as a character. it is just completely pointless killing.

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    bdwcxvy6m0mf.jpg

Didnt say furthest in which direction.

jungleroomx on
    I've rarely found any thread about a specific product (game, movie, show, etc) to be particularly welcoming of negative opinions. Just the nature of the thing really. The people who post in threads about a specific product, especially a lot, tend to be the people who like it more then most.

It does look (slightly) more pretty, but honestly a melee combat multiplayer game needs great netcode and a great user base before it needs PhysX tabbards.

Sadly it does not have dedicated servers so it's peer to peer :(

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I've rarely found any thread about a specific product (game, movie, show, etc) to be particularly welcoming of negative opinions. Just the nature of the thing really. The people who post in threads about a specific product, especially a lot, tend to be the people who like it more then most.
    Good news, the Hearthstone thread is mostly complaining

Sadly it does not have dedicated servers so it's peer to peer :(

Oh lord...

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    For Honor seems like a spiritual clone of the Half-Life 1 mod Pirates vs Vikings (vs Ninjas).

PSN: Honkalot
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I have succeeded in going off the beaten path.

I should win for being an innovator.

ice6zuib7bxs.jpg

jungleroomx on
    edited February 2017
    Coinage wrote: »
    Good news, the Hearthstone thread is mostly complaining

That's because Hearthstone's biggest fans are masochists. How could it be any other way?

shryke on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    So I do a lot of dev work these days (hopefully will have our first finished project out in 2017) and something that I started doing was including cameos and such

and I honestly regret doing that because it turns out including someone's pet or whatever in a game is a $70-100 gift

which is fine

but what I regret is other people see that and they're like "lol u should put MY dog/character in it'd be fun lol that'd be so rad"

and I'm like holy fuck I wish more people knew the value of art so that they knew they were essentially saying "i'd like a 100 dollar gift that'd be super rad i really wish that"

This discussion has been closed.