As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

WHO ELSE CAN DO [chat]!

1939495969799»

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    So I do a lot of dev work these days (hopefully will have our first finished project out in 2017) and something that I started doing was including cameos and such

and I honestly regret doing that because it turns out including someone's pet or whatever in a game is a $70-100 gift

which is fine

but what I regret is other people see that and they're like "lol u should put MY dog/character in it'd be fun lol that'd be so rad"

and I'm like holy fuck I wish more people knew the value of art so that they knew they were essentially saying "i'd like a 100 dollar gift that'd be super rad i really wish that"

Yeah, the number of people who assume the Free Art Fairy is real and delivers art to people randomly.

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    The Ender wrote: »
    I should know posting at g&t at night means only the hardcore fanbois are out

For Honor is not going to be a good game.

I'm just unsure why I would play For Honor when Chivalry is right over there.

It does look (slightly) more pretty, but honestly a melee combat multiplayer game needs great netcode and a great user base before it needs PhysX tabbards.

Sadly it does not have dedicated servers so it's peer to peer :(

Yup. That is what made me nope right out after looking into it.

Peer to peer melee multiplayer just ain't gonna work.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    And things that make me feel old is weird. A list of films that happened X years ago doesn't. Someone saying "I was six when that happened" very much does.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    So I do a lot of dev work these days (hopefully will have our first finished project out in 2017) and something that I started doing was including cameos and such

and I honestly regret doing that because it turns out including someone's pet or whatever in a game is a $70-100 gift

which is fine

but what I regret is other people see that and they're like "lol u should put MY dog/character in it'd be fun lol that'd be so rad"

and I'm like holy fuck I wish more people knew the value of art so that they knew they were essentially saying "i'd like a 100 dollar gift that'd be super rad i really wish that"

Yeah, the number of people who assume the Free Art Fairy is real and delivers art to people randomly.

The more I think about it the more I wonder that these people do know that art isnt free and they dont give a fuck

Like I post an album full of hundreds of dollars of art and someone goes "wow, it's my dream to have a character in there, wow, that's so awesome, i just wish that one day that will happen to meeee"

maybe that's just fuckin guilt tripping

anyways i real mad

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Husband is watching West Wing again.

I think this TV show is his ativan.

I tried to watch it but I can't get in to it. I was too politically aware going in I think so the show just annoys the shit out of me.

Think of it as the brightest time line.

It's not though. It's not Utopian or anything, it's Sorkinian. Which is more clueles a lot of the time.

I'll take clueless over what we have now.

• Options

which is fine

The more I think about it the more I wonder that these people do know that art isnt free and they dont give a fuck

Like I post an album full of hundreds of dollars of art and someone goes "wow, it's my dream to have a character in there, wow, that's so awesome, i just wish that one day that will happen to meeee"

anyways i real mad

I suspect they see it as a low effort thing and vastly under estimate the effort involved. Which is pretty common. It's the big difference between good project managers and the guy who got a job because he once did a server migration.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular

It does look (slightly) more pretty, but honestly a melee combat multiplayer game needs great netcode and a great user base before it needs PhysX tabbards.

I bet a fraction of their advertising budget would've bought servers too. Womp womp.

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular

which is fine

anyways i real mad

are you allowed to say what game or type of game?

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Then again if I do make a chat it will likely be expressing my current anger and frustration and involve me cussing at many people who do not know I exist and will never care I cussed them out on an internet forum.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular

which is fine

anyways i real mad

are you allowed to say what game or type of game?

yeah this is all my own projects, I don't have NDAs or nothing

I'm basically making a game that's a team management simulator combined with a party game. It's a card game where you play an esports team owner and you're in a league with your friends. You gotta trade players, train, play games, etc etc etc.

So there's a deck of 24 in game champions and so I had some cameos of friends like, RP characters and such, as gifts to them

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    I was hoping this [chat] would be dead at 99 so I didn't have to come at @Mazzyx for Japanese pizza

CORN

THERE'S NONSENSICAL CORN IN A PIE WITH NO SAUCE

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    I was hoping this [chat] would be dead at 99 so I didn't have to come at @Mazzyx for Japanese pizza

CORN

THERE'S NONSENSICAL CORN IN A PIE WITH NO SAUCE

Sure you didn't order a california pizza hurfhurfhurfhurf

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    I'm sure it's tasty because they don't fuck around with food but they don't even call it a highball a highball unless it's a whiskey soda they should know better

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

which is fine

anyways i real mad

I think most just don't have a clue what takes what time etc. Lots of friends contact me and want some or another design work done; logo for company, invitation letters etc often it's clear they assume it's something that would take an hour but might in reality take up several weekends.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    @Elldren
    Mr. PETO
    asked the Prime Minister "whether, in view of the fact that the placing of the order for the three Canadian "Dreadnoughts" in this country would involve the payment directly or indirectly of wages to the extent of at least £5,000,000 sterling in this country out of money provided by Canadian taxpayers, he will now consider the advisability of altering the fiscal system of this country so as to give some preference to Canadian products in our home market?

The PRIME MINISTER
    The answer is in the negative. His Majesty's Government have no intention of altering the fiscal system of the United Kingdom.

An HON. MEMBER
    Will not the cost of these "Dreadnoughts" be largely met by duties levied on British imports going into Canada, and will not the British manufacturer, as the foreigner, pay the duty?
    Major ARCHER-SHEE
    May I ask the right hon. Gentleman whether it would not be as well to build these "Dreadnoughts" abroad, as under Free Trade that is supposed to be as good?
    Mr. MARTIN
    asked what additional taxation per annum will be put upon the British taxpayer in providing maintenance for the three "Dreadnoughts" to be built by Canada?

The PRIME MINISTER
    I am not pre-pared to reply to this question while the subject to which it refers is still under discussion in the Canadian Parliament.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Who says "highball" other than middle-aged lushes?

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    kowikowi Registered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »
    I took one of the leftover dentist lorezepam mini doses and now I feel like a human being who could possibly sleep instead of a ball of directionless dread BUT my friend who is doing Peace Core in Ethiopia texted me and I can't go to bed because we never get to talk

*very gentle "aaaaa"*

ativan is scary

It's really really

really really

nice

and after using it for an extended time to counteract the stimulatory effects of prednisone it scares the hell out of me

I have a couple left over from needing it to be able to allow someone to shove needles in my mouth

It seems to take the ball of twisty fear that appears and go "ehhhhhhhhhhhhh but what if you.. didnt." It's like 1mg so it's like, if I go from made of knives to made of less pointy knives

Weed does the same thing tho and I'd much prefer it so I think I will be laying in for a stash finally in the near future

Drug Baron Cleric

Hey where she lives that stash, up to 10 fuck ounces, is legal

I guess I might be ready to move now.

PSN: kowi - WiiU: kowi - XBL: KoWi - twitch.tv/kowi profile.png - "Yes, Kowi is the King of All" - smilie.png Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Honk wrote: »

which is fine

anyways i real mad

I think most just don't have a clue what takes what time etc. Lots of friends contact me and want some or another design work done; logo for company, invitation letters etc often it's clear they assume it's something that would take an hour but might in reality take up several weekends.

Yup, people have tried to commission ladyroar for paintings and its like they say they want to spend x amount and it be on x size of canvas and shes like
    I'll be honest NO for 2 reasons 1) I'd be working for less then minimum wage for that size/scope 2) much less my supplies if I needed anymore.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    knitdan wrote: »

what kind of kid that's in the middle of a trench coat pile on doesn't know a highball is a spirit + carbonated mixer combo in a Collins glass?

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_wnG_iW9So
    Nobody was in the car, imagine walking back to that.

• Options

what kind of kid that's in the middle of a trench coat pile on doesn't know a highball is a spirit + carbonated mixer combo in a Collins glass?

The kind that don't go to fancyass bartender school

• Options
    I can't tell if I'm being weirdly hostile or you are or both but I'm gonna stop.

• Options
    I just love the idea of the RCN with three dreadnaughts in a period where it was struggling to keep it's light cruiser manned.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

Everyone in Japan. Hella poplar there.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    I will say working with artists is way better than working with writers, artists tend to know their worth and give good quotes and timelines, writers tend to be a little stunned that people are talking to them about work

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    a
    @Elldren
    Mr. PETO
    asked the Prime Minister "whether, in view of the fact that the placing of the order for the three Canadian "Dreadnoughts" in this country would involve the payment directly or indirectly of wages to the extent of at least £5,000,000 sterling in this country out of money provided by Canadian taxpayers, he will now consider the advisability of altering the fiscal system of this country so as to give some preference to Canadian products in our home market?

The PRIME MINISTER
    The answer is in the negative. His Majesty's Government have no intention of altering the fiscal system of the United Kingdom.

An HON. MEMBER
    Will not the cost of these "Dreadnoughts" be largely met by duties levied on British imports going into Canada, and will not the British manufacturer, as the foreigner, pay the duty?
    Major ARCHER-SHEE
    May I ask the right hon. Gentleman whether it would not be as well to build these "Dreadnoughts" abroad, as under Free Trade that is supposed to be as good?
    Mr. MARTIN
    asked what additional taxation per annum will be put upon the British taxpayer in providing maintenance for the three "Dreadnoughts" to be built by Canada?

The PRIME MINISTER
    I am not pre-pared to reply to this question while the subject to which it refers is still under discussion in the Canadian Parliament.

What kind of fucking communists sit around asking questions like this when they could just scream in excitement and buy a bunch of DREADNOUGHTS instead!?

Sometimes the Americans have it right, y'know.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    Coinage wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_wnG_iW9So
    Nobody was in the car, imagine walking back to that.

Sometimes even God says "Fuck da Police".

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

I bet a fraction of their advertising budget would've bought servers too. Womp womp.

Though for real castle I'm curious what issues you have with the game?

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Dan, do you know what a Collins glass is or do we gotta clockwork orange you

• Options

Though for real castle I'm curious what issues you have with the game?

I think it's boring and Ubisoft has done their usual obfuscating it behind pretend heft and weight but the core of each game type is utter and complete boredom. It's bedtime, I can explain more tomorrow.

• Options
    I am not 100% sure what a Collins glass is, no.

Please don't crush my skull with a penis statue.

• Options
    a
    @Elldren
    Mr. PETO

The PRIME MINISTER

An HON. MEMBER
    Major ARCHER-SHEE
    Mr. MARTIN

The PRIME MINISTER

What kind of fucking communists sit around asking questions like this when they could just scream in excitement and buy a bunch of DREADNOUGHTS instead!?

Sometimes the Americans have it right, y'know.

Well it's the British, so they had already bought a bunch. They basically wanted Canada to pay for a bunch. The Canadians said okay but we're gonna build them. Like most of Churchill's ideas, it has so many problems.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

I thought it was a type of glass

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Basically Canadian Military Procurement is a running series of case studies in bad ideas and mismanagement. My favorite thing is that they recently bought a new military headquarters. It was a steal and it even came pre-bugged. Because it was the old Nortel headquarters and the place was full of Chinese bugs from when they were gathering trade secrets from Nortel.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Let's say I wanted to make a poll in a new thread

How would I do that

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    @kedinik I'm going to bed. Make a thread.

smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.