As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Who [Love]s the [Love]men?

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    That's good to hear, Sarukun.

It sucks that places with such comparitively large populationns can still feel so (moreso) lonely and isolated, but it warms my heart to know that folks like you are proving that there's still light to be found and nurtured in amidst of all the dimness, wherever it may be.

Veldrin on
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    Ahhh, basking in the afterglow of filthy filthy sex is a good thing. I now have the best life.

• InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'd e-file but I'm worried since I owe taxes on both sides of the border with my visa that I'll mess it all up, especially since I wasn't here for more than 6 months last year, so that puts me in a....weird bracket?

I could ask my coworkers for recommendations I guess!

@Cello Yeah, gotta watch out with the taxes while working in the US. Lot of coworker-friends that have done this and they would recommend you have a professional.

A close friend was going through this mess last year, she got it mostly straightened out and it was all good in the end, but the headaches and paperwork involved she was not impressed. If you like, I can see if she has any general recommendations? Or if you have questions I can pass them along.

(She works for a company in Canada that contracts in the US sometimes, the messiest year was the one she lived in Portland for months working for a client. I think the payroll from Canada but client billing in the US was part of the problem so may not be so bad for you?)

OrokosPA.png
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    Infidel wrote: »
    Yeah, I'd e-file but I'm worried since I owe taxes on both sides of the border with my visa that I'll mess it all up, especially since I wasn't here for more than 6 months last year, so that puts me in a....weird bracket?

@Cello Yeah, gotta watch out with the taxes while working in the US. Lot of coworker-friends that have done this and they would recommend you have a professional.

A close friend was going through this mess last year, she got it mostly straightened out and it was all good in the end, but the headaches and paperwork involved she was not impressed. If you like, I can see if she has any general recommendations? Or if you have questions I can pass them along.

(She works for a company in Canada that contracts in the US sometimes, the messiest year was the one she lived in Portland for months working for a client. I think the payroll from Canada but client billing in the US was part of the problem so may not be so bad for you?)

Yeah, if you could check in with her that would be a huge help! I'd appreciate it. I can give you my Facebook/email in PMs.

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    Ahhh, basking in the afterglow of filthy filthy sex is a good thing. I now have the best life.

sex isn't real

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Then what's the fucking cake for, genius

Javen wrote: »
    Then what's the fucking cake for, genius

they have come to terms with their sexual identity

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Why did i immediately read this thread title to the tune of Who Let the Dogs Out?

Why did i immediately read this thread title to the tune of Who Let the Dogs Out?

you have finally become keith

• GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    That moment at the bar where someone puts All My Exes Live in Texas on the jukebox.

And you realize, "huh. Same."

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Hey, I have a date this Wednesday.

Tacos and margaritas.

And she is CUUUUUUUUUUUUTE!

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    She's only in it for the tacos.

• HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    I say, as if I haven't dated a woman purely because she had two cute cats.
    They were super cute though!

• Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Thought I had a date type thing today, but then suddenly I did not. So now I'm gonna see Lego Batman alone, and the second seat is there so I don't have to fight somebody for an armrest, so that's still cool.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Guys, this pit of despair is fucking deep. I think I'm going to take some time to drink pizza and eat beer instead.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Fig-D wrote: »
    Guys, this pit of despair is fucking deep. I think I'm going to take some time to drink pizza and eat beer instead.

Little did we know that this was meant literally

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I am fucking sore after that hike, so I'm going to see John Wick SC and see a lot of people in more pain than I am.

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    So, my crush wants to see me for dinner tonight!

I don't know where we're going, we both need to go to the grocery and eat.

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    I'm drinking far too mucch on a sunday because I don't have to work tomorrow and apparentlyu I don't learn fgrom my recent mistakes

Fuck that

Monday off means Sunday is a drinking night

Aw yus, validation

Also I hope youre doing ok Solar, you deserve to be happy mate

Eh

I'm kind of sad and lonely at times.

But I hope I'll be okay. I think I will.

I just wish I had better luck! Just looking for that right person.

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    I'm happy that within the current right wing wave going on the German left seems to be on a surge right now at the start of this election year.

https://nytimes.com/2017/02/12/world/europe/germany-frank-walter-steinmeier-merkel.html?_r=0

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I'm drinking far too mucch on a sunday because I don't have to work tomorrow and apparentlyu I don't learn fgrom my recent mistakes

Fuck that

Monday off means Sunday is a drinking night

Aw yus, validation

Also I hope youre doing ok Solar, you deserve to be happy mate

Eh

I'm kind of sad and lonely at times.

But I hope I'll be okay. I think I will.

I just wish I had better luck! Just looking for that right person.

Tell me about it.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Lego Batman was excellent. Date who was not a date sent me 20 texts while I was in the theater, though, and seems agitated that I didn't respond, when she knew that I was at the movie. I don't know what to make of this. I'm not upset that she had to cancel at the last minute, life happens, it's cool. But I'm not impressed by whatever the hell is going on behind all these texts.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
    She asked to reschedule tonight's date.

That's OK though.

• SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Drinks with the art history professor went well, or at least I thought so! Hopefully she wants to do it or something similar again!

Even if she doesn't, I got to have a mango and habanero cider, so it was a positive experience.

• ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Death awaits us all.

stop teasing me

Your curse is that you will never be allowed to die.

Eat Arby's

forever

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Butler wrote: »
    Death awaits us all.

stop teasing me

Your curse is that you will never be allowed to die.

Eat Arby's

forever

look man, i ain't that doomed

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Cello wrote: »
    Infidel wrote: »

Yeah, if you could check in with her that would be a huge help! I'd appreciate it. I can give you my Facebook/email in PMs.

If it helps, I've filed twice here as a non-resident alien, and found it to be relatively straightforward, and could even use the free version of Turbotax. It might be more complicated if Canada has some kind of special tax arrangement with the US, but when I moved I simply filed both UK and US separately. Since I wasn't earning in one place while living in another, there were no difficulties.

The third date has been pushed back until Tuesday, which is Valentine's Day

Would it be a good idea to bring flowers? Maybe tulips?

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

FLsu1js.jpg

• Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Might not be a bad idea. I've never gone on a date without my two lips.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Man you can't just casually reschedule a date to V-day

Huh

• HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    ... Thinking I should learn the guitar. Not to be a virtuoso, but to learn enough chords to sing a few songs and strum a bit. Just to add to the whole 'manic pixie dream girl' image.

I do have an acoustic guitar that I picked up at an op shop about a year ago for $20. That should help with the whole ' needing something to fill the gap'- ness. And then I'll be able to sing soppy love songs!

Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
  • SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    ... Thinking I should learn the guitar. Not to be a virtuoso, but to learn enough chords to sing a few songs and strum a bit. Just to add to the whole 'manic pixie dream girl' image.

I do have an acoustic guitar that I picked up at an op shop about a year ago for $20. That should help with the whole ' needing something to fill the gap'- ness. And then I'll be able to sing soppy love songs!

I've been wanting to pick up an insturment for a while too. You should do it!

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Actually learning to play guitar is one of the many tasks I've set for myself this year

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Rocksmith 2014

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I'm looking to learn the piano this year.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    C g g a c b c

• Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    What'd you call me you filthy P'tak?

• RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited February 2017

Deffo bring flowers. Liiya may have some good recs, my usual flower style is to snag a bouquet that looks nice at the florists and then also grab a rose for romance but I'm not buying a dozen roses are you nuts.

Rainfall on
This discussion has been closed.