As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

East 2017 Hotel Partners and Hotel Discussion

• Options
    TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    robirex wrote: »
    Do a lot of people hold multiple reservations? Makes me wonder if people would be interested in swapping reservations through a Discord or something. Posting what they have and what they would want/settle for. Then, dropping and picking up the reservations at the exact same time lol. Risky, but it would get people to drop their extra reservations. I would imagine OnPeak will try to put an end to that practice eventually. Would anyone be interested in something like that if I set it up?

I usually hold an extra if I see one closer than my original pop up. This year I'm managing 2 rooms together so it was a lot harder to see listings for 2 rooms open up at once. Generally I held partial reservations on the second hotel since they almost never opened up Thursday-Sunday all in one go.

• Options
    robirexrobirex BostonRegistered User regular
    Do a lot of people hold multiple reservations? Makes me wonder if people would be interested in swapping reservations through a Discord or something. Posting what they have and what they would want/settle for. Then, dropping and picking up the reservations at the exact same time lol. Risky, but it would get people to drop their extra reservations. I would imagine OnPeak will try to put an end to that practice eventually. Would anyone be interested in something like that if I set it up?

I usually hold an extra if I see one closer than my original pop up. This year I'm managing 2 rooms together so it was a lot harder to see listings for 2 rooms open up at once. Generally I held partial reservations on the second hotel since they almost never opened up Thursday-Sunday all in one go.

Makes you wonder if you could swap someone a few days, since one reservation will be dropped anyways right? I dunno. I know it's easier said than done and the reservations aren't easy to come by so I would understand hesitation by anyone. I just thought about how things would go a lot easier.

6pq9je4.png
  • Options
    LejicLejic Registered User regular

Makes you wonder if you could swap someone a few days, since one reservation will be dropped anyways right? I dunno. I know it's easier said than done and the reservations aren't easy to come by so I would understand hesitation by anyone. I just thought about how things would go a lot easier.

I'm holding two partials, trying to complete one. I really don't want to change hotels unless I have to... I can live with either of them, but have a preference for Westin. We'll see how it pans out for me in the next 2 days, hopefully I manage to get my last day on Westin and not have to haul things over from Ren.

• Options
    craiolacraiola MARegistered User regular
    I have a 2 bedded westin for sat-sun that I'm trying to turn into an all weekend but I will give it to someone if I don't complete the reservation (thurs-sun) by the 14th.

DXLJjjr.png
  • Options
    rentfnrentfn Registered User regular
    craiola wrote: »
    I have a 2 bedded westin for sat-sun that I'm trying to turn into an all weekend but I will give it to someone if I don't complete the reservation (thurs-sun) by the 14th.

I hope it works out for you but if it doesn't I'd love to get the reservation from you!! Let me know!!

• Options
    edited February 2017
    rentfn wrote: »

I hope it works out for you but if it doesn't I'd love to get the reservation from you!! Let me know!!

I definitely will be sure to let you know!

Edit: There is a Fri-Sat double bedded aloft reservation available on OnPeak right now

craiola on
    DXLJjjr.png
  • Options
    fajraxofajraxo Registered User regular
    I just dropped a single bedded double at the Aloft (Fri-Sun). Hope someone picks it up!

• Options
    Just dropped a lot of days on Renaissance, hope it goes to someone who really wanted it!

• Options
    CommanderZimCommanderZim Registered User regular
    I have a double bed Renaissance room Wed-Sun and an Element single bed Wed-Sun that I plan to release tonight. I ended up getting a Westin Double for that time last Friday, so I have no need.

PM me if you're looking for either of those.

• Options
    casstronautcasstronaut Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I'm releasing a double bed Fri & Sat night at Intercontinental at 4:00pm. Giving a heads up in case anyone wants to snag it.

• Options
    Just dropped one night at Element for Sun-Mon (double occ. single bed) if anybody was interested.

• Options
    Bunta_FujiwaraBunta_Fujiwara Albany, NYRegistered User regular
    Just got full weekend Westin, amazing!

zmYaVYP.png
  • Options
    CommanderZimCommanderZim Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    No one has contacted me about the rooms, so I will be releasing them around 7pm EST tonight.

Edit: Released.

CommanderZim on
  • Options
    PotatoemanPotatoeman Registered User regular
    Dang, still just need Sunday night at the Westin. There's a full weekend up at the Element right now though!

• Options
    Potatoeman wrote: »
    Dang, still just need Sunday night at the Westin. There's a full weekend up at the Element right now though!

Wishing you luck! Took me forever to get that last Sunday at Westin but I snatched it up today. :)

• Options
    ervtronervtron PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    just released a sunday-monday room at the seaport if anyone was looking for that

• Options
    edited February 2017
    This is what I get for going to bed early after shovelling all day xx

Edit: all weekend up for 1 bedded seaport and a 2 bedded sun-mon as well

craiola on
    DXLJjjr.png
  • Options
    dell44223dell44223 Registered User regular
    I will cancel my Westin Double tonight. PM me if you would like to try for it. (Fri/Sat nights Only)

• Options
    dell44223 wrote: »
    I will cancel my Westin Double tonight. PM me if you would like to try for it. (Fri/Sat nights Only)

Just PM'd :)

DXLJjjr.png
  • Options
    Sunday is open at the Westin! Just got my final room

• Options
    dell44223dell44223 Registered User regular
    My Westin Reservation has a taker. Glad to give it to one of you guys :)

• Options
    begroombegroom Registered User new member
    looking for thursday-sunday as close to the BCEC as possible if anyone is trying to get rid of their res!

• Options
    BigDumbHippyBigDumbHippy Registered User regular
    begroom wrote: »
    looking for thursday-sunday as close to the BCEC as possible if anyone is trying to get rid of their res!

I might be dropping a Thursday to sunday at the Renaissance. Single bed. I'll let you know

• Options
    PoliticianPolitician Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Hotel Changes cut off early. The reservation states "If you need to make any changes or cancellations to your reservation on or before 02/15/2017, make your changes online or call (866) 220-9473. Changes or cancellations to your reservation after this date must be made directly with Westin Boston Waterfront at (617) 532-4600." My Westin Reservation now says "This hotel is cut-off. Reservations cannot be edited" Last time I checked today is the 15th I should still be able to edit my reservation online.

LOL looks like I need to call the Hotel?

Politician on
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    It looks like online reservation modifications are now locked. I just tried releasing my Renaissance and couldn't.

casstronaut on
  • Options
    the hotel doesnt have reservations yet. I just checked. Its in the funky limbo period right now.

DXLJjjr.png
  • Options
    the hotel doesnt have reservations yet. I just checked. Its in the funky limbo period right now.

Thanks for confirming. I'll wait until I get an email confirmation from the hotel directly.

• Options
    MagneticImageMagneticImage Registered User regular
    It looks like online reservation modifications are now locked. I just tried releasing my Renaissance and couldn't.

If you want to cancel, call OnPeak and they can do it.

• Options

Thanks, that worked! Renaissance 2-bed Fri & Sat now up for grabs.

• Options

I don't think it actually goes back into the pool of available rooms since the hotel reservations are now locked? I never saw it go up. (not looking for that hotel FYI)

DXLJjjr.png
  • Options
    MagneticImageMagneticImage Registered User regular

I don't think it actually goes back into the pool of available rooms since the hotel reservations are now locked? I never saw it go up. (not looking for that hotel FYI)

It does become available. I cancelled my Aloft reservation this morning and it was immediately available. It was then gone in 15 minutes.

The best advice I can give is to search for your specific dates only and filter by location.

• Options

It does become available. I cancelled my Aloft reservation this morning and it was immediately available. It was then gone in 15 minutes.

The best advice I can give is to search for your specific dates only and filter by location.

Seconded. Mine appeared on the website after I cancelled via phone. It was up there for 30 minutes or so.

• Options

Seconded. Mine appeared on the website after I cancelled via phone. It was up there for 30 minutes or so.

Good to here. I'm pretty much set for rooms but I just hoped that was true for other people :)

DXLJjjr.png
  • Options
    Bunta_FujiwaraBunta_Fujiwara Albany, NYRegistered User regular
    I don't remember the reservation locking like this previous years. Will they open back up, or do all cancelations need to be called?

zmYaVYP.png
  • Options
    NFGNFG NintendoFanGirl Registered User regular
    I don't remember the reservation locking like this previous years. Will they open back up, or do all cancelations need to be called?

Typically going forward all cancellations and modifications need to be done through the hotel (sometimes they can be done on the individual hotel's website, depending on how integrated they have everything.)

I believe right now OnPeak is in the process of moving the reservations to their respective hotels, so they're in limbo until that process is complete.

They do this every year, maybe this year is earlier than others? The con is certainly earlier, so maybe it just feels that way.

S2ieAvx.png
  • Options
    I have a Thursday-Sunday(checkout mon. Morning) at the Element single bed. If anyone needs it I'll be dropping it tonight, message me if you want me to tell you when :)

• Options
    It looks like OnPeak is now closed for new or existing reservations; all hotels listed as "Unavailable." At this point all changes will likely need to be made directly through the hotels.

• Options
    ervtronervtron PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    So this is my first year doing the hotel booking for my group, just curious to see if anyone knows roughly when they charge you for the stay? I just want to make sure I'm getting money from my group in time. (if it matters, I have 2 reservations, one thurs-friday at seaport and one fri-mon at the westin)

• Options
    lauren0rzlauren0rz Registered User regular
    ervtron wrote: »
    So this is my first year doing the hotel booking for my group, just curious to see if anyone knows roughly when they charge you for the stay? I just want to make sure I'm getting money from my group in time. (if it matters, I have 2 reservations, one thurs-friday at seaport and one fri-mon at the westin)

I've never been charged until my stay is over. (I've stayed at Hilton Downtown and Seaport.)

qtjvjrS.png
  • Options
    I don't think any of the hotels will charge you until you check out. None of them had advance-purchase so you're set until then