As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Final Fantasy XV] Who needs armor when you've got Gladiolus' abs?

1363738394042»

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    It's chapter 9 I guess, so maybe 20-30 hours in? maybe less if you rush it.

I'm still only 12 hours into chapter 3 or so. But keep in mind I've spent a lot of time dicking around.

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Trying to avoid spoilers here as I've barely started playing XV, but I've heard about this Festival thing. Is it time-limited? When does it end, and how far do you have to be in the game to participate?

It's around until February 20th, although any items you get will be permanent I think. Most of it is available to everyone who has the game, but people who bought the DLC Season Pass get some bonus stuff. The action in the trailers seems to take place in a region you don't reach until chapter 9. And beware of kicking off the story events in that area too soon once you get there, because when you leave that's the first time it gives you one of those "you won't be able to come back for a while, are you sure?" messages and really means it.

I think it's REALLY WEIRD that they're doing limited-availability stuff like this for a non-MMO. Given that I may not have Internet service again until after it finishes, I'm starting to regret getting the season pass.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Yikes. Guess I'll have to get some playtime in, then. Thanks for the info!

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Couldn't you just set your PS4 to January?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Couldn't you just set your PS4 to January?

...this is actually a valid question. Anyone? :D

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    The team at FF 15 would like to show you how to make stew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Er3um8UE7M

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Hmm yeah ok, I'd eat that

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    I simply cannot believe that they have not created and published a tie-in cookbook with all the recipes in this game

It's me, I'm the consumer worm, I would buy it immediately

• Options
    walnutmonwalnutmon Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    I just picked this up, and am excited to get started. The OP here is sparse, anything I can do to get even more psyched while the FOREVER xbox install runs?

EDIT: I meant to put this in the G&T thread

walnutmon on
    xbox: jmbizzo | ps3: walnutmon | steam: walnutmon | SC2: walnutmon.591
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Oh no now you have se cooties

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Consult a doctor immediately.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I just started playing this yesterday, I've had it since Christmas but been lazy/busy. It's awesome. Loving it. Only just into Chapter 2 right now

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    On chapter 10 finally.

You know, this game really needed some time to give context to some of the other characters.

It makes me wonder what they would have been able to do if they had done this from the start instead of the development hell it went through.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    okay i just beat this and need someone to explain like

the whole plot to me from the point where
    luna dies
    on

i have no fucking clue

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Okay, spells are super cool with making like a level 99 Quad Cast Blizzara before the boss of chapter 10.

But seriously this friendly fire thing is terrible.

Hilarious, but baaaaad.

• Options
    okay i just beat this and need someone to explain like

the whole plot to me from the point where
    luna dies
    on

i have no fucking clue
    Hmm, Ok.

So Ardyn is this ancient undying asshole. Once upon a time, he cured some kind of disease outbreak by absorbing it all into himself. The Gods looked at him and went "Ew dude, that was gross", and cursed him to never die. He's pretty pissed about that, and wants to get revenge on basically everyone, but especially Noct's family. Ardyn is also from way way back in the same bloodline of kings as Noct, so he's got access to a bunch of the proprietary royal magic.

At some point one of the Gods decided "FUCK ALL THE OTHER GODS AND ALSO THE HUMANS", and that was Ifrit. Apparently, he and Ardyn are pals now, and this is why Ifrit is the penultimate boss fight, instead of becoming one of your Pokemons.

Ardyn went to the Empire and said "Hey I can make you a shitload of robot soldiers", and the Empire liked that idea, so they didn't pay too much attention when citizens began disappearing. Ardyn was transforming people into Daemons, and then using the Daemons as the heart of his robot soldiers. But the process got out of control, probably deliberately, and EVERYBODY got turned into Daemons, including the Emperor, who sure seemed like he was going to be a more important character.

Incidentally, Prompto was originally one of the clones who were vat grown just to be transformed into Daemon Robot Soldier Cores. But he escaped as a kid.

Because Daemons aren't fans of sunlight, Ardyn started releasing light-absorbing microorganisms into the sky. This is why the nights are getting longer, and it is not explained well at all.

It is probable that this was all orchestrated by Ardyn to provide Noct & Co an excuse to figure out how to murder him. If it was indeed some kind of suicide gambit, it was extreme overkill, because I frankly wanted to murder him the very first time he sauntered into the camera view looking like someone's Dr. Who fanfiction OC. He did not need to transform most of the world's population into shitty photophobic blob critters, goblinoids, and iron giants in order to stoke my ire.

At the very end, using all the proprietary royal bullshit to slay Ardyn kills Noct. There is apparently no way around this. After he's dead, his and Luna's ghosts hang out at his dad's throne to confuse people into thinking that there might be a sequel.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    One thing I was not clear on

Post chapter 13
    Noctis goes in to the crystal and meets bahamut. Next time we see him it's ten years later and he's on that weird island you can see from Galdin Quay and somehow the boat is there too.

Has he been in the crystal that whole time? How did he get to that place? How did the boat get there?

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Chapter 10 and on.
    So, am I supposed to agree with Gladiolus here? Because he's being a huge jackass towards Noct.

As Noct is dealing with both the loss of his fiance and Ignis lost his eye sight.

It's super shitty and Gladio being a macho man about it just makes him look like he has a lot of shit to work through and is unfairly projecting on Noct.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »
    Chapter 10 and on.
    So, am I supposed to agree with Gladiolus here? Because he's being a huge jackass towards Noct.

As Noct is dealing with both the loss of his fiance and Ignis lost his eye sight.

It's super shitty and Gladio being a macho man about it just makes him look like he has a lot of shit to work through and is unfairly projecting on Noct.

I certainly didn't agree with him

Fuck him

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »
    Chapter 10 and on.

I certainly didn't agree with him

Fuck him

The game does make it seem like you're supposed to

But fuck that dude

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    OK I'm at level 18, is it too early to go after the Helix Horns yet for the Ultima blade?

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    OK I'm at level 18, is it too early to go after the Helix Horns yet for the Ultima blade?

You're probably fine but make sure Ignis knows the recipe for the Mother and Child Rice Bowl, then eat that at camp before pursuing the horn

• Options

You're probably fine but make sure Ignis knows the recipe for the Mother and Child Rice Bowl, then eat that at camp before pursuing the horn

Yeah I knew about that, thanks.

• Options
    OK what treasures do I need to keep and not sell

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular

Just look up all of the weapons and tools you can upgrade and keep whatever those require. I don't think it was an issue outside of that.

• Options
    Artereis wrote: »

Just look up all of the weapons and tools you can upgrade and keep whatever those require. I don't think it was an issue outside of that.

So just keep the stuff Cid requires

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    I finally decided to give this a shot because I was trading stuff in and the game store didn't have what I went for. This is really, really good and I wish I'd got it on launch because while I'm only three hours in this is my favourite FF for a very long time.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    I'm getting my ass handed to me by the Coeurl's.

• Options
    I'm getting my ass handed to me by the Coeurl's.

Yeah, Coeurls are assholes. I never felt bad about using all my boss-nuking powers on them. What's that? Ramuh wants to come make a crater out of this murder cat? Be my guest.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    holy shit the leviathan fight might be the single dumbest thing I've experienced in any video game

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    The weekly bounty hunt that pits you against 100 cactuars/slactuars is pretty great.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    holy shit the leviathan fight might be the single dumbest thing I've experienced in any video game

It's a fine concept, but I can definitely pinpoint that as the moment I realized that the execution of the story was fundamentally flawed.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Oh also, PSA: the Piano Collection for this released today.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    The Multiplayer Mode for this finally dropped and it seems pretty neat if a bit grindy. Anyone playing?

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I feel like this game had its time, and while I enjoyed what I played, I'm a bit too busy to go back and try the patches.