As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Nintendo] Finished Zelda? Why don't you play...hang on, gimme a second...

Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
edited April 2017 in Social Entropy++
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfOsf4_Yo-Q
Just listen to that shit!

You're in a town of a bunch of scummy fucks and a Goomba with a ponytail is helping out and also later there's an old pirate captain Bob-omb and those Delfinos from Mario Sunshine are all mobsters and 8000 other things!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5uik5fgIaI
and this thing is out in 3 weeks, I guess

6F32U1X.png
Mr. G on

• Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    I mean, it's no Star Fox Adventures but it's alright.

• masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    Y'know it just really hit me how cool it was to have a place like Rogueport in a Mario game

Not a whole lot of wretched hives of scum and villainy in Nintendo games

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Thousand year door is OK but I like 1 better.

TYD was the start of action commands being way to involved and taking way to long in Mario RPGS.

Also it has got some real blatent padding.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    push vivian for smash

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I actually put Thousand Year Door on my birthday list

I've never played it, but my wife still has her GameCube, soooooo

• masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    Daypigeon wrote: »
    push vivian for smash
    Vivian was my permanent party member for most of my TYD runs after i got her

She's really cool and all her abilities are super useful

• Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    I thought TYD hit the sweet spot for action commands and the whole crowd dynamic was a fantastic addition

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    What do we know about the Switch getting GameCube Virtual Console stuff so I can finally play Thousand Year Door?

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    What do we know about the Switch getting GameCube Virtual Console stuff so I can finally play Thousand Year Door?

it's getting gc games

that's really all we know

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

it's getting gc games

We don't even know that

Official word on Switch VC is "tell you later"

6F32U1X.png
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Last year, I went to a gaming convention. There, I found English-translated reproduction carts of various RPGs that have yet to have official English releases.

I also found a copy of TTYD. I think I'm most happy about the latter.

I played it all the way through on a rental, and for years I was annoyed that I didn't just buy it at the time.

The best partner is the quick-switch badge.

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

it's getting gc games

We don't even know that

i thought they actively said they were doing something with smash bros melee

I think they've been as vague about Gamecube games on the Switch as they were with Gamecube games on the Wii U

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular

it's getting gc games

We don't even know that

i thought they actively said they were doing something with smash bros melee

I believe that was one of the (mostly reliable) leaks

A lot of the leaks have not come to pass yet and I can't afford the heartbreak

6F32U1X.png
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Let me pose a question to yall

If you could bring over only one third party AAA franchise (not already confirmed) to the switch, which would you bring

If you could bring over only one third party AAA franchise (not already confirmed) to the switch, which would you bring

Not a specific franchise but I really hope they continue to underwrite Platinum projects

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Y'know it just really hit me how cool it was to have a place like Rogueport in a Mario game

Not a whole lot of wretched hives of scum and villainy in Nintendo games

NL_Gulliver_Bobbery.png

I don't have an answer yet, but I'm thinking of parameters

It has to be something that's easy to pop into for 10-15 minutes and accomplish quick and simple goals

But it can't be too massive, so something like a Rockstar game is out cause there's like a 3 minute load time every time you start it up and sleep mode is basically not a thing for this system

Maybe something like Mass Effect?

6F32U1X.png
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Let's assume that it'd somehow work to the technical specs you'd want on the switch

WeedLordVegeta on
    Oh, I've got it

#skate4

6F32U1X.png
    Wait will there not be a sleep mode?
    I would think the thing they want you to take with you on the go would have a sleep mode like their current handheld does

It's a hard question because in general I'd probably just play 3rd party stuff on pc and PS4 like I have with the Wii U

Nintendo systems are for Nintendo games and games made exclusively for Nintendo systems, of which there's usually only a handful

I would think the thing they want you to take with you on the go would have a sleep mode like their current handheld does

I'm sure it does, but you won't want to

6 hour battery life maximum is not very conducive to a sleep mode

6F32U1X.png
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

I'm sure it does, but you won't want to

6 hour battery life maximum is not very conducive to a sleep mode

Never stopped my 3DS.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    What's the actual life of a 3ds if you play continuously?

• CharmyCharmy Registered User regular
    I've been meaning to play through Paper Mario 2, since it's been maybe a decade since I last touched it, and this thread inspired me to finally take the plunge. You're doing great work here, @Mr. G.

Within a minutes of starting the game, I witnessed two Piantas in business suits beat up some kind of bird man. Rogueport is a hard-ass town.

I have a twitter.

I know the newer one is about to 6 to 8 hours the previous I think was 4 to 6?

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular

Dead or alive extreme beach volleyball

PNk1Ml4.png
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Gravity Rush.

Is that AAA?

Whatever. Gravity Rush regardless.

Enlong on
    Is Persona a AAA franchise? Because I want to play Persona on the Switch. All of them if possible.

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    It's SS in my heart.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
    I really have only played Persona Q on the 3ds. I did enjoy TMS #FE though

edited February 2017
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I really have only played Persona Q on the 3ds. I did enjoy TMS #FE though

TMS is like a lighter, less mechanically heavy persona. If you liked it I'd recommend giving persona 4 a try

Speed Racer on
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

4 hours give or take? Thats me playing pokemon connected to wifi though.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular

Not a specific franchise but I really hope they continue to underwrite Platinum projects

I was just going to say Bayonetta, but all Platinum games would be great, yes.

uyvfOQy.png
    Can i get a Wonderful 102 or is that asking too much

I'll take a 101 port

Oh, I've got it

#skate4

This wasn't a joke, by the way

Skate 4 on the Switch would be awesome

That's a lighter open world series that you could quickly load up and tool around in for a brief period of time

6F32U1X.png
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Will I be able to play Starfox 64 on the Switch?

That's a real selling point for me.

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular

PGA Tour
    Enlong wrote: »
    Gravity Rush.

Is that AAA?

Whatever. Gravity Rush regardless.

Gravity Rush is first party, Sony-owned

This discussion has been closed.