As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[World of Warcraft: Legion] Patch 7.1 out now - Return to Karazhan!

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Qn: Is it inevitable to get to the situation where Elisande will teleport onto a slow sphere and cast her mass orbs or is there a trick to get around that?

While rare, we haven't figured out a way to avoid it entirely. The point where she blinks seems pretty random; we've tried facing her in certain directions to see if that impacts where she'll end up but that doesn't seem to impact anything

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    We got Elisande down tonight and really the orbs are just about personal responsibility. There's not a lot you can do to tailor your strategy to carry through people who don't understand the mechanic. The teleport spot is totally random so the best you can do is work with the positions you get.

• UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    I only ask because I was OT for the first time and every time our entire PuG died was because of the same positioning

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    We got Elisande down tonight and really the orbs are just about personal responsibility. There's not a lot you can do to tailor your strategy to carry through people who don't understand the mechanic. The teleport spot is totally random so the best you can do is work with the positions you get.
    We use movement cooldowns for it, like roar. Helps a bit.

YL9WnCY.png
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular

Making sure to keep the red bubble buff up as much as possible also helps, it's a speed buff, albeit a small one.

• SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    I had a good weekend. I got Heroic Xavius and Normal Guldan down for the first time, levelled my Artifact to 35, and also unlocked it's hidden appearance so now I have a beautiful, Giant-Ass book on a stick.

I also discovered that if you actually finish your Class Hall upgrades you can equip a second legendary, which would boost my ilvl by 10. So now I'm pissed that I stopped upgrading and now have a 5 day and then 7 more day wait until I can do that.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
    Making sure to keep the red bubble buff up as much as possible also helps, it's a speed buff, albeit a small one.
    This is risky because, if probably set up, you can get a bigger gap by having some of the rings sped up and others slowed down. If too many people grab a haste buff then it'll despawn.

YL9WnCY.png
    The haste buff is more importantly used to increase your DPS, avoiding it just to make the rings a little easier is counterproductive.

• TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    Getting used to Overflowing on a HPala, is....actually not bad at all, is a matter of managing and some talent choices (namely, use Aura of Mercy because it clears shields and doesn't overheal and Holy Avenger since you aren't using Prism much anyways). Bolstering is more of a pain of the ass because suddenly those small packs of imps/spiders/oozes become very annoying.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Woo, got the Nightbane mount last night. That's the first mount that's ever dropped for me out of Kara.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Was in a ~12 man Nighthold normal last night and Gilded Guardian took longer than most of the bosses (for...reasons I guess). There's still very little motivation I can see for Khadgar and his crew to *not* just say "fuck it" and land Dalaran on the whole fucking place. Copy/paste my bitching about Suramar in previous pages, but replace "Suramar" with "Nighthold".

Every experience I have, related to Suramar/Nighthold, is just an exercise in frustration. It's 100% subjective, yes, but I have had zero redeeming or fun experiences. Blizzard says that the place is supposed to be compelling because it's, "dangerous," I don't feel it's a fun experience. I feel it's an Elven version of Murlocs; all stacked on top of each other in a crowded city.

Mugsley on
  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Was in a ~12 man Nighthold normal last night and Gilded Guardian took longer than most of the bosses (for...reasons I guess). There's still very little motivation I can see for Khadgar and his crew to *not* just say "fuck it" and land Dalaran on the whole fucking place. Copy/paste my bitching about Suramar in previous pages, but replace "Suramar" with "Nighthold".

Every experience I have, related to Suramar/Nighthold, is just an exercise in frustration. It's 100% subjective, yes, but I have had zero redeeming or fun experiences. Blizzard says that the place is supposed to be compelling because it's, "dangerous," I don't feel it's a fun experience. I feel it's an Elven version of Murlocs; all stacked on top of each other in a crowded city.

I always thought that they should have just smashed Dalaran into ICC. Same for the Tomb of Sargeras.

Edit: What I currently find frustrating about Nighthold is pugs dying to normal mode mechanics on heroic. I will never kill heroic Krosus because people can't do the fight they've done before.
    I find all the tank specs a bit dull compared to Vengeance. It really is a wonderful spec.
    Brewmaster is the way and the light

God, I miss old Brewmaster.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    The thing about crashing Dalaran into places is that you can only do it once.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    The thing about crashing Dalaran into places is that you can only do it once.

Well they can time trip and get another as it worked for Gul'dan

• TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Gul'dan normal wipes are because:

a)People dying to p1 beam.
    b)People not absorbing Bonds.
    c)People not killing Eyes.

Basically, if you can get to P3 with 1-2 deaths or less, you can kill him. Botanist pugs are more obnoxious, since they require raid-wide coordination for 2 main mechanics (plants and suns) instead of just one (bonds, which is also easier to deal with since is less people and can be bypassed with inmunities).

TryCatcher on
    The haste buff is more importantly used to increase your DPS, avoiding it just to make the rings a little easier is counterproductive.
    Yeah, 100% agreed.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    it also asks a decent amount more coordination to kill two of them right next to each other like that

the slow dome should be plenty, once people understand the path the rings take

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    TryCatcher wrote: »
    Gul'dan normal wipes are because:

a)People dying to p1 beam.
    b)People not absorbing Bonds.
    c)People not killing Eyes.

Basically, if you can get to P3 with 1-2 deaths or less, you can kill him. Botanist pugs are more obnoxious, since they require raid-wide coordination for 2 main mechanics (plants and suns) instead of just one (bonds, which is also easier to deal with since is less people and can be bypassed with inmunities).

I've been PuGing NH since its release and its always the stupid bonds that kill people
    Tanks that think they can solo soak the damage without cooldowns
    DPS that don't wanna sacrifice dps to soak bonds
    People in bonds that don't move until there are like 10 people together with them
    People who think that blinking out of the bonds work

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
    The worst thing with bonds is people who don't move at all until they have the soakers in place.

According to the Activision blizzard earnings report, World of Warcraft had more total playtime from all players in Q4 last year than Q3, the launch quarter.

My best explanation for this is that a bunch of people played the waiting game on Legion after the disappointment that was Warlords, and only came back after a couple of months into the launch when their friends told them that things were pretty good.

edited February 2017
    According to the Activision blizzard earnings report, World of Warcraft had more total playtime from all players in Q4 last year than Q3, the launch quarter.

My best explanation for this is that a bunch of people played the waiting game on Legion after the disappointment that was Warlords, and only came back after a couple of months into the launch when their friends told them that things were pretty good.

Of course more people play after launch than at launch if the game is good.

reVerse on
  • crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    I imagine Karazhan probably helped a little bit too.

• MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Anyone have any good suggestions on places to farm lovely charms on lvl 100ish alts?

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    Anyone have any good suggestions on places to farm lovely charms on lvl 100ish alts?
    Numi wrote: »
    It turns out that blizzard still hasn't fixed the part with the instantly respawning bats in Mogu'shan vaults giving lovely charms. So a level 100 monk gets about 30 charms a minute just by standing in one spot spamming rushing jade wind with a black ox statue out.

Not sure if this got fixed.

• Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    Numi wrote: »
    It turns out that blizzard still hasn't fixed the part with the instantly respawning bats in Mogu'shan vaults giving lovely charms. So a level 100 monk gets about 30 charms a minute just by standing in one spot spamming rushing jade wind with a black ox statue out.

Not sure if this got fixed.

Huh, I never knew there were any bats in either one of the Mogu instances. But after googling it, the above applies to Mogu'shan Palace I think.

MSL59.jpg
  • fortyforty Registered User regular

Wasn't Legion only out for less than half of Q3, though? I would think that would also be a factor.

Or were they counting a per day average?

forty wrote: »

Wasn't Legion only out for less than half of Q3, though? I would think that would also be a factor.

I would assume it'll have to be a daily average otherwise they wouldn't have made a meaningless statement

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    it came out august 30 so it'd be just september in Q3 vs. the rest of the year in Q4; it'd be silly to compare total playtime straight across but maybe that's what they're doing

they did also say that Q4 had more playtime than non-launch quarter since cataclysm and that MAUs increased in Q4 (contrary to previous expansions' subscription trends)

NREqxl5.jpg
    I threw out a few BNet friend requests last night. I'm going to try to find some time tonight to at least do *some* HotS matches for the mount.

Wrizzik#1554

I'm expecting this post to get swallowed by end-of-thread shenanigans, so I may repost this in the new thread when it shows up.

Reminder that this weeks Archy quest is a mount.

• Mc zanyMc zany Registered User regular
    I threw out a few BNet friend requests last night. I'm going to try to find some time tonight to at least do *some* HotS matches for the mount.

Wrizzik#1554

I'm expecting this post to get swallowed by end-of-thread shenanigans, so I may repost this in the new thread when it shows up.

There were people talking in chat asking for a group. I sent an invite to a guy and got 1/15 but had to stop but it seems worth a try.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    There are a lot of people asking for friends or such to play Hots with them for the mount so I see the Genji skin was just the start

I would assume it'll have to be a daily average otherwise they wouldn't have made a meaningless statement
    You're acting like businesses don't manipulate data to make bullshit reports that sound good to shareholders..

YL9WnCY.png
    That's true Raz, forgot those were company words.

Hoo boy, this looks like the worst one yet. At the rate I'm going this is going to take around 25 full digsites. And Highmountain's terrain is some of the shittiest in this expansion, so I worry about where some of these sites may show up.

edited February 2017
    Hoo boy, this looks like the worst one yet. At the rate I'm going this is going to take around 25 full digsites. And Highmountain's terrain is some of the shittiest in this expansion, so I worry about where some of these sites may show up.

It's not too bad actually. I did maybe 5-6 last night, just doing a loop around Highmountain as the sites popped up. I ended just a bit over 250/600 bone fragments. Usually 2-5 per doodad, and then 15-20 per angry ghost if they spawned.

All the sites in Highmountain are in fairly flat areas, usually pretty close to a flightpath.

MuddBudd on
    the highmountain sites mostly aren't that bad, at least that I've seen so far

I did two sites and got 65 bone bits, so assuming that's roughly average (and I assume it is, based on number of bits per dig) it won't take too long to get 600. Do you get any extra for solves, or are those just a bonus this week?

NREqxl5.jpg
    edited February 2017
    the highmountain sites mostly aren't that bad, at least that I've seen so far

I did two sites and got 65 bone bits, so assuming that's roughly average (and I assume it is, based on number of bits per dig) it won't take too long to get 600. Do you get any extra for solves, or are those just a bonus this week?
    I don't feel like Arch solves have ever progressed me on any of these Archaeology grinding adventures (edit: besides one that explicitly required handing in X crated artifacts).

It's not too bad actually. I did maybe 5-6 last night, just doing a loop around Highmountain as the sites popped up. I ended just a bit over 250/600 bone fragments. Usually 2-5 per doodad, and then 15-20 per angry ghost if they spawned.
    Then you are unusually lucky or I am unusually unlucky (probably the latter given my usual WoW experiences). I did 3 dig sites last night and ended up at 78. Some of my digs got me 0 of the quest items. That was with 1 angry ghost, which I feel like I encounter rarely compared to what posters on wowhead would have me believe I should. Anyway, if I continue at my current rate, it will take me 23 dig sites.
    All the sites in Highmountain are in fairly flat areas, usually pretty close to a flightpath.
    That's a relief. The 3 I did to start weren't a bitch to get to, although I did see one pop up in that southeastern mountain area that can go fuck itself. I don't know if the site down there itself is easy to get to or not, but anytime anything pops up on my map down there I get a sad face.

forty on
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Interesting, so it looks like the crafted legendaries won't have DPS procs... but they *do* have three sockets on them. That could be a interesting way to tune the other non-DPS ones by giving them extra sockets.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    Turning you into a wisp or an owl and allowing you to fly off is a happiness proc.

This discussion has been closed.