As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

<3 PAX East 2017 Fancy Dinner <3

Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
edited March 2017 in Debate and/or Discourse
Hey everybody!!

With everything that's going on, it looks like fancy dinner has kind of fallen through the cracks this year. But never fear!! I am a college student with a lot of free time, so I've decided to see if putting this together is still possible!

SO, WITHOUT FURTHER ADO:
Welcome To
bjWbGCjl.jpg

"But, why?" you ask! -- well!

Bo33grSm.jpg

PAX East D&D has, for many years, brought folks together one night during PAX to participate in this classy endeavor: a semi-formal, fixed-price dinner with drinks where you can get your evening wear/suit-and-tie on, and talk about things other than memes for once. Or still talk about memes, I guess, but do it while looking CLASSY AS H*CK and eating some FANCY FOOD. It's a great way to get to know people, and put names to handles and handles to faces. It's one of my absolute favorite things about PAX every year and I would love to see any and all of you in attendance <3<3<3

Okay all this year we will be meeting at HOPS TEST KITCHEN in CAMBRIDGE, at 6PM on MARCH 10th. Mark yo calendars.
HPw05PVt.jpg

Dollar number is in!! Fancy dinner will cost $58 smackeroos per person. Please pay via venmo using the details provides in the PM from Hakkes. I have it on good authority that anyone who attempts to pay by cash will also be paying with their life, so - don't do it!! Pay beforehand!!

f6zhJllt.jpg

There will be a bar at which you can open anew individual tab! Drinks are NOT included in the $58 fancy dinner price.

15UZwYZt.jpg

sExm2Tbl.png
Dessert will be decided a few days beforehand, as their dessert menu changes frequently!

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
Blameless Cleric on

• SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I am sad happy I likely can't can make this.!

Six on
    can you feel the struggle within?
  • kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    omg BC

well done

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    @Aersien and I will attend and will be suitably fancy! Thank you very much for organizing.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    OMG YES PUT ME ON THIS LIST!

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    OMG YES PUT ME ON THIS LIST!

done :D

• PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Is dat Tube wearing a cute bowtie?

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I am in. I will put @cptrugged down as I am staying with him. I still need Friday and Saturday tickets though. :(

u7stthr17eud.png
  • LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    @cptrugged IS COMING!

WHAT IS ALL THE HOLY FUCK

GET OUT OF TOWN

"We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    i'm missing out on meeting Trugged? :(

• HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Me, beasto, deebs and mrs deebs and possibly THE BABY. will have to chat with them.

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    omg bleric did you use my likeness without compensation

I'LL SEE THIS DINNER IN COURT

@Blameless Cleric we went here with your parents for dinner I think. Might be a good thing to look at.

http://www.mentonboston.com/private-dining/#private-dining-room

u7stthr17eud.png
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    "Blameless Cleric" we went here with your parents for dinner I think. Might be a good thing to look at.

$125/head...

• BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    "Blameless Cleric" we went here with your parents for dinner I think. Might be a good thing to look at.

$125/head...
    /me makes it rain

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Yeah Mazzyx that is too much I think. We're gonna Marliave it up again this year most likely, but will look into it :cool:

Blameless Cleric on

But will you ATTEND it

FYI hth I am in process of a hostile takeover of logistics so if you thought you would deal with sweet magic pixie hostess blameless cleric when it comes time to make confirmations and due payments think the fuck again

I've got the leather outfit and the riding crop already all I need a ballgag and we are in business

But will you ATTEND it

I can't friendo, I am not attending east this year : (

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Don't trust the website, BC. This is going to take phone calls to get a true idea of what they'll offer. ...

But will you ATTEND it

I can't friendo, I am not attending east this year : (

Well q-q

• redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    FYI hth I am in process of a hostile takeover of logistics so if you thought you would deal with sweet magic pixie hostess blameless cleric when it comes time to make confirmations and due payments think the fuck again

I've got the leather outfit and the riding crop already all I need a ballgag and we are in business

and now i am seriously disappointed i will be missing PAX East

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    This damn Mazzy signing me up without asking. Apparently I should just stop this whole dating thing cause I'm already married again.

But yeah, I'm totally coming. :cool:

cptrugged on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    (sorry to intrude, looking at maybe going to pax east, wondering about room openings/spare badges/etc?)

• SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Ok I'm in plus Sixwife.

Six on
    can you feel the struggle within?
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Yeah whatever chelle and I will be there

@Irond Will @Donkey Kong @y2jake215 please confirm/deny interest as BC (and me, poking from behind) will be needin' a rough attendee estimate prior to making the phone calls and the emails and the hard negotiating with venues

ok i'm coming

CHUUUUU <3

Irond Will and Frankie are also coming just confirmed with them so @Blameless Cleric update the OP!

by my count we are now at 20 confirmed heads, + one baby

Also if you are in please note if you have dietary restrictions

There will be a round of voting on potential menu items but the democratic aspects of this process will be subject to ivory tower elitist veto in order to prevent the shocking inefficiencies of collectivist societies

• ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    CHELLEYEAH <3

I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

Ludious wrote: »
    I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.
  • ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    YAY DEEBS! glad u and mrs are coming! :)@Deebaser

I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

Ludious wrote: »
    I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.
    edited February 2017
    is deebs still coming? i don't think he checks the forums atm

edit: oh i just saw previous post lel

Organichu on
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    In plus one here.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    I may try to make it to East. friend of mine really wants to go to a PAX and I've got PTO to burn

will have this sorted out one way or another by Friday

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    I am in as well

• PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    I am in. I will put @cptrugged down as I am staying with him. I still need Friday and Saturday tickets though. :(

Depending on if my wife gets a switch, I might have an extra Sat

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
    PantsB wrote: »
    I am in. I will put cptrugged down as I am staying with him. I still need Friday and Saturday tickets though. :(

Thanks man. @thatassemblyguy was able to help me out. And is currently a real life hero who deserves a couple of medals.

u7stthr17eud.png
    PantsB wrote: »

I might be interested in this

edited February 2017
    I have bad news. I just received a response from Marliave inquiring about the dinner party. Because we're not a super large party this year (i have a headcount of 23 confirmed), with the $3,000 room minimum, 3% tax, and 18% gratuity, getting the room would cost each person an average of $144 (sum of $55 base + gratuity/tax + remaining room fee divided over 23).

I believe the last time we completely filled the room which has a capacity of around 40 people, which is why we easily met the room minimum that time (40 people required an average of $20/person in drinks on top of food to make the minimum and we smashed it because we're all a bunch of loose drunks)

I did also inquire about the possibility of being seated in the main dining room without the room, but they will only seat parties up to 20 people. So we're in a weird uncanny valley.

I also sent an email to Hops Test Kitchen upon Will's recommendation but did not hear back from them. It is a place in Cambridge which would be a hike (we'd have to take cars out there or take the T) but Will has vouched for it.

I call upon @Donkey Kong @PantsB @Irond Will for suggestions of alternate venues in the area.

Hakkekage on