As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[YouTube]s to Share With The Class

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Brainleech wrote: »

wow his valley girl voice is terrible

Shorty on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    he's a British man in his 50s. what'd you expect?

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    This has been streaming for a week, apparently. It's "music to study/relax to".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoTlY3rIFTg

I've been listening for 8 hours, minus lunch break. This is so good for programming to. I've been way more productive than usual.

• Options
    bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    SabreMau wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEqkiwXDpQM&list=_

Apparently it doesn't even have to be a playlist ID that was ever valid.

This is what I've been missing, is there any way to do that retroactively and going foward on OTHER peoples videos?

akirasig.jpg
  • Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »

John Oliver is 39.

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    DHS wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »

John Oliver is 39.

Yeah, the UK/US exchange rate between Brexit and Trump is really fucked up.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Disney is severing ties with PewDiePie

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular

I didn't even know they were together.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »

I didn't even know they were together.

They own Maker Studios, who have things like Epic Rap battles of History in their ranks

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

I wonder how long it will be until he makes a video complaining about his oppression.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I love YouTube's handling of this.

"We're not biased and overprotecting our biggest channel, no sir."

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Oops

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Jeez.

I like Markiplier and JackSepticEye, and I know they both hang out with PewDiePie.. I hope they don't share his views.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Athenor wrote: »
    Jeez.

I like Markiplier and JackSepticEye, and I know they both hang out with PewDiePie.. I hope they don't share his views.

I'd be surprised if they did.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    The grumps still hang out with jontron as well.

It's really a pity, but they wouldn't be the first to not see the problems with people they were friends with.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    The youtube community is much smaller than you might think.

• Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular

I would say "good," but I know it'll probably make little difference to the worthless, little fucker's income

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    I liked Virtuosity.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
  • Options
    FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Psykoma wrote: »

It's really a pity, but they wouldn't be the first to not see the problems with people they were friends with.

It wouldn't surprise me but it would incredibly bum me out.

To be fair Danny seems like a mature-ish guy who tries to understand other people's perspectives. Near as I can tell Arin's usual response to getting called out for saying dumb edgy shit on Twitter is "you're right, I'm sorry".

I just want to be able to watch one idiot yell at videogames without having to worry about them being some redpilling MRA with an empathy-crushing persecution complex. Feels like that shouldn't be an impossible needle to thread.

Fugitive on
  • Options
    Fugitive wrote: »

To be fair Danny seems like a mature-ish guy who tries to understand other people's perspectives. Near as I can tell Arin's usual response to getting called out for saying dumb edgy shit on Twitter is "you're right, I'm sorry".

I just want to be able to watch one idiot yell at videogames without having to worry about them being some redpilling MRA with an empathy-crushing persecution complex. Feels like that shouldn't be an impossible needle to thread.

I don't know Markiplier personally but I just can't imagine him being a scumbag.

And his voice is like melting chocolate over ripe strawberries.

• Options
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Fugitive wrote: »

I don't know Markiplier personally but I just can't imagine him being a scumbag.

And his voice is like melting chocolate over ripe strawberries.

Considering all the times he's come to near tears in vlogs when he makes himself feel like he isn't doing enough for his fans, the Make a Wish and Charity streams, and openly admitting he was at fault when it came to Matt and Ryan leaving. I can't see Mark going becoming a jerk. He would literally kick his own ass in guilt at the people who would be let down by this.

• Options

what's wrong with jontron

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Shorty wrote: »

jontron's the bird
    the bird is jontron

also he's a reactionary shithead who has done 5-hour interview livestreams with far-right YouTubers like Sargon of Akkad, claimed he would side with the Alt-Right against the SJWs if it came to violence, and claims that if you can buy a Big Mac without having to wear a hijab then you aren't oppressed and should get over it
    in addition to his beef with Zoe Quinn and the incident over his use of ableist slurs
    and more
    It's been kinda incredible to watch unfold over the past 2 or 3 weeks honestly. Bummer though, I used to watch his stuff.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    Shorty wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL_vIqMiHK0
    A lot as he said a lot of rather alt right tin hat things and kept going

• Options
    barf

• Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    Ahahaha I only just noticed what's on the phone screen in the thumbnail.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay6R1eEPJig

Someone made a spongebob Vocaloid

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyj_IKmMQ-k&list=_
    And because I don't have work today and can't sleep yet, I just spent a half-hour searching Google street views to figure out exactly where in Tokyo this was.

Also I'm surprised to learn that sometimes you can click to move around in Google Street View and it will take you inside a building. Few times tried to pan down a street and suddenly got a view of the inside of a restaurant.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    I love YouTube's handling of this.

"We're not biased and overprotecting our biggest channel, no sir."

Actually...
    Variety reports that YouTube has cancelled the second season of Scare Pewdiepie, the premium $10-a-month show that sought to scare Kjellberg IRL in elaborate, video-game inspired ways. Additionally, YouTube will also remove Pewdiepie from “Google Preferred,” which is an advertising service for “brand-safe” content (which Pewdiepie is most certainly not, even discounting the nazi jokes.)

Taken together, both of these repercussions will have some kind of effect on Pewdiepie’s actual income, though he will still be able to monetize his videos through normal means on YouTube. In the past, Kjellberg has said that his normal income-per-view on YouTube is low because his brand of ‘edgy’ humor also limits the advertisers that YouTube makes available to him. “My content is not necessarily family friendly, it’s got a bunch of profanity,” Kjellberg said.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/S3R4k7YlEXc

What can we find in the Costa Rican Rainforest at night? @BugBoy might like to know!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJRqB1xtIxg

hooray stuff I say at work, in video form!

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyU_1JD2wuA

Markiplier made a choose your own adventure series with some 23 or 24 videos, and 10 different endings.

• Options
    Wimble wrote: »

that guy was explicitly trying to fuck up, right?

This discussion has been closed.