As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Last Jedi Teaser can be seen right now in the [Star Wars] thread

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    DMAC wrote: »
    Eric Trautmann, former West End Games line editor, took my Rogue One artwork and turned it into an unofficial mini sourcebook for the D6 system.

urzc6kovpkew.jpg

Christ , that's a drawing? sometimes I hate you DMAC, but it's a jealous hate based in love!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    (his art is inside)

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    A case could be made that the poster image (not by DMAC) used for the cover is so thoroughly 'shopped it hardly qualifies as a (collection of) photo(s) anymore.

Commander Zoom on
  • DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    DMAC wrote: »
    Eric Trautmann, former West End Games line editor, took my Rogue One artwork and turned it into an unofficial mini sourcebook for the D6 system.

They asked first right?

Eric's a friend. He was involved in hiring me to work for WEG... right before the company declared bankruptcy.

over shoes.
    #%&)ing shoes.

• DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited February 2017
    The story of West End Games is pretty weird. There was something about the owners also being involved in an Italian shoe importing business and using WEG profits to keep the other business afloat. A lot of people got screwed when they went under.

Edit: Yep. #%&)ing shoes.

DMAC on
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Just discovered there was a space pirate named Kybo Ren in the Droid animated series

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    star-wars-screaming-citadel-1.jpg

A second crossover story from Kieron Gillen and Jason Aaron is on the way.
    CBR.com wrote:
    The new crossover, “The Screaming Citadel” combines the typical space opera of “Star Wars” with Gothic horror, a genre familiar to both writers. “It starts with [Luke and Aphra] venturing into a very dark and scary situation on a faraway alien planet and winding up in the clutches of a sinister alien queen,” Aaron told StarWars.com. “There are Aphra’s two murderous droids and best-friend Wookiee, and then, of course, the cast of my book. Han and Leia and Sana Starros come running into the fray, as well, and there are several new villains who are at play.”

Gillen expressed his excitement to get a chance to dive deep into both characters, particularly Luke, who he has not written much of in the past. Speaking on Luke and Aphra, Gillen said, “there’s an underlying similarity. They’ve both lost their families. They’ve both had completely different responses to the horror of the Star Wars universe, the big tragedy, and the push and pull of that is very much the heart of the book…. It’s just fundamentally funny to see them go at each other. Writing that entire issue was a joy, in terms of how they interacted and went back and forth and how they generally got on each other’s nerves. Aphra, to begin with, gets the best of Luke, and it kind of switches up as you go further into it.”

Gillen promises that readers will get to see Han and Luke “in a Regency-inspired costume,” while Aaron promises that the crossover will be “a big arc for both [Doctor Aphra and Sana Starros], separately and together.”

• TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Just discovered there was a space pirate named Kybo Ren in the Droid animated series

The "Boonta Classic" also made its first appearance there.
    And "Count Dooku" first appeared in the second Holiday Special, set on Hoth. Played by, yes, Christopher Lee.

George and/or his people recycle everything.

And "Count Dooku" first appeared in the second Holiday Special, set on Hoth. Played by, yes, Christopher Lee.

Second Holiday Special? Is that a real thing?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular

I have a VHS tape and a TV set in the back of my van, wanna go watch it

• see317see317 Registered User regular

Only if there's candy too.

• robotbeerobotbee Drop any other moon on his face -Jupiter has so many it won't even careRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

Only if there's candy too.

Jawa PEZ dispenser?

Whom the fly chicks tagged Lenore, nameless here forevermore.

I... thought it was? But it seems I might have fallen prey to one of those internet hoaxes.
    (That, or I've inadvertently switched between parallel universes since I saw the article.)

It was years ago, and all that I recall was that it was purportedly set immediately after (or during) ESB, with two Rebel soldiers stranded on Hoth and trying to make their own escape. There was at least one Wampa, and a photo of Christopher Lee, in a black motorcycle helmet, supposedly playing a character named... well, see above.
    But his IMDB and Wookieepedia entries make no mention of it, so now I don't know what to think. Sorry, all. :p

• DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    There's a Star Wars Humble Bundle right now
    Shadows of the Empire
    X-Wing Alliance
    SW Battlefront II
    Rogue Squadron
    ect ect

https://www.humblebundle.com/star-wars-3-bundle

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    SCOOP: Rey's hair is different in The Last Jedi!

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    man they are going to make another shitzillion dollars like nothin

• TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    man they are going to make another shitzillion dollars like nothin

It's probably going to be the highest grossing movie of all time.

Like imagine if the popular consciousness was hyped for Empire.

It's THAT.

• DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    SCOOP: Rey's hair is different in The Last Jedi!

Why is Hondo on the box?

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Actual scoop, episode 8 spoilers
    French and Spanish translation of the title imply that "Jedi" in "The Last Jedi" is plural.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Actual scoop, episode 8 spoilers
    French and Spanish translation of the title imply that "Jedi" in "The Last Jedi" is plural.

well
    I mean, we know Luke is in it, and we can reasonably infer that Rey is training to be a Jedi under his tutelage so that's not a shock

So it's like a wandering samurai movie?

That sounds pretty cool

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    In Chuck Wendig's final Aftermath book we get a new canon fate for Jar Jar Binks:

He is a poor street performer who everyone except children dislike due to his role in paving the path for the Empire.

CYpGAPn.png
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    In Chuck Wendig's final Aftermath book we get a new canon fate for Jar Jar Binks:

He is a poor street performer who everyone except children dislike due to his role in paving the path for the Empire.

That an almost mean spirited fuck you in the direction of Lucas.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Wait is this real

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    http://mashable.com/2017/02/16/jar-jark-binks-back/
    A refugee boy named Mapo encounters a Gungan performing for kids on the streets, clowning around in a fountain twice a day while being studiously avoided by the grown-ups.

"Meesa Jar Jar," says the clown when Mapo introduces himself.

The clown distracts the orphan from his own sadness by popping his eyes and bulging his cheeks, but is hiding a sadness of his own.

"Jar Jar makin some uh-oh mistakens," the Gungan says, explaining why he isn't wanted anywhere either. "Desa hisen Naboo tink I help the uh-oh Empire." He stares into the distance, suggesting he knows more than he's saying.

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    What in the fuck

• KlendyKlendy Goomy GoomyGoomyRegistered User regular
    this is some quality shit-publishing

goomyisall400.jpg

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    That's super mean-spirited but also not totally out of line for where that character might end up

6F32U1X.png
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    I take back the "almost" in my last post.

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I'm not going to shed any tears for Jar-Jar

too kind a fate

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    This is relevant for this thread, I think

Zima is apparently coming back later this year

• KarlKarl Registered User regular
    That

that is a really sad fate for Jar-Jar.

But he did start the motion to give Palpatine executive powers so he's responsible in a way

AtomicTofu wrote: »
    This is relevant for this thread, I think

Zima is apparently coming back later this year
    I was coming to make almost this exact post

CYpGAPn.png
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    The only interesting thing you could do with Jar Jar imo is to redeem him. If you're not going to do that I wonder why anyone would bother bringing him up at all. It's not cathartic, it's just beating a dead horse and, as already acknowledged, super mean-spirited for really no reason.

Having him as a depressed, tortured clown who everyone openly hates kinda sucks. I want to see him trying to help the resistance movement, fighting for gungan civil rights or ending up in jail as a martyr to repent for his role in the rise of the Empire. Show him old with his color fading and his speech slowed and deepened with age so that he's lost most of those annoying verbal traits. That I could see actually being worth the time to read.

TankHammer on
    I mean he's also not a major part of the book from what I saw

He just like shows up in a single scene

CYpGAPn.png
    How is Zima Star Wars related?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    3alt0keslopf.png