As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

After Parties?

• casstronautcasstronaut Boston, MARegistered User regular
    robirex wrote: »
    So this link for Acer party tickets (Fri Mar 10) was posted in the PAX East Parties Facebook group. I haven't seen it confirmed elsewhere yet and am trying to figure out if it's legitimate.

Looks legit. Though last year they posted their tickets on TicketLeap and this year it is TicketFly, so it's worth keeping an eye on. If I think about it, later today I'll call over to Royale to confirm. Good catch. I wanted to check this out this year since I missed it last year. Thanks!

It was a lot of fun last year albeit at a different venue (some arts building). Color-changing LED cups, thundersticks, and a live tournament! I've been to other PAX parties at Royale though & no complaints except the unavoidable long line in cold weather.

• craiolacraiola MARegistered User regular
    Definitely looks legit. Snagged tickets for my group and I. We have Made in MA tickets (free as we're students) but this looks like more fun :)

DXLJjjr.png
  • b00tlegb00tleg Registered User regular
    I vaguely remember reading last year it was only a section of the Royale Nightclub. Two years ago it was the entire floor. If anyone confirms can they post here if its only a small area? Two years ago was a blast seeing an entire nightclub of PAX attendees.

b00tleg wrote: »
    I vaguely remember reading last year it was only a section of the Royale Nightclub. Two years ago it was the entire floor. If anyone confirms can they post here if its only a small area? Two years ago was a blast seeing an entire nightclub of PAX attendees.

This was the ASUS party you are remembering. I was at the ASUS party 2 years ago at Royale and let me tell you it was a banger. Last year however, word got out that they only booked a portion of the club. My group and I went to Harmonix instead and didn't regret it as we heard it was a bust.

DXLJjjr.png
    Ah! I got ASUS mixed up with Acer. I'm hoping Harmonix has their party again. I went to that last year instead of Acer as well. I'm about to start tweet-storming them questions.

Ah! I got ASUS mixed up with Acer. I'm hoping Harmonix has their party again. I went to that last year instead of Acer as well. I'm about to start tweet-storming them questions.

Agreed. I've got their tweet notifications set up to text my phone since I know how insane getting tickets always is.

DXLJjjr.png
  • rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    i have been told by a connection that i have at the club that he believes they have rented out the entire club

rascrush wrote: »
    i have been told by a connection that i have at the club that he believes they have rented out the entire club

Thanks rascrush! That's fantastic news :)

DXLJjjr.png
  • QuantumShaddowQuantumShaddow Registered User regular
    craiola wrote: »
    rascrush wrote: »

Thanks rascrush! That's fantastic news :)

Seconded - missed getting tix for Harmonix last year, not gonna miss it again this year!

3DS FC: 4441-8382-3645
    Switch: SW-7634-0399-6788

QGqFhNv.png
  • JamesLandinoJamesLandino Composer/Sound Designer Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Hey PAX! I announced my party earlier today and you can check it out here: https://pwyf.eventbrite.com

We rented out a whole 5-story nightclub, got a lineup of the best video game DJs, smash bros setups, and more.

As a long-time PAX East attendee I've always felt the afterparty life was lacking compared to other gaming events such as E3, GDC and Prime, so I decided to say "f--- it" and threw my own. I want to bring more electronic music and nightclub vibes to the PAX East entertainment and I believe this is the best way to do it. I'm a professional game composer by day and I'm throwing this event for the love of the community.

Happy to answer any questions about the event and I hope to see you there.

JamesLandino on
  • Streetlight345Streetlight345 Seekonk, MARegistered User regular
    Hey PAX! I announced my party earlier today and you can check it out here: https://pwyf.eventbrite.com

We rented out a whole 5-story nightclub, got a lineup of the best video game DJs, smash bros setups, and more.

As a long-time PAX East attendee I've always felt the afterparty life was lacking compared to other gaming events such as E3, GDC and Prime, so I decided to say "f--- it" and threw my own. I want to bring more electronic music and nightclub vibes to the PAX East entertainment and I believe this is the best way to do it. I'm a professional game composer by day and I'm throwing this event for the love of the community.

Is there a dress code?

OgqpDBS.png
    PAX East 2019!
    Badges [X] Hotel [X] Time off request [X]
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Streetlight345
  • JamesLandinoJamesLandino Composer/Sound Designer Boston, MARegistered User regular

Is there a dress code?

Nope! I talked to the nightclub to also allow people to dress in cosplay if they like.

• ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    Did anyone get tickets to the Elite Dangerous party, and no longer want them? I didn't see the sign up until too late and really would like to check it out.

edited February 2017

Awesome! You may have just convinced me to convince my group to forego the free Acer party on Friday.

craiola on
    DXLJjjr.png
  • robirexrobirex BostonRegistered User regular

Yeah, this sounds pretty awesome. I need to talk to my group, but I definitely want to check this out.

6pq9je4.png
  • KumaKuma Registered User regular
    Looks fun. What kind of capacity are you looking at?

f7v9h.jpg
    edited February 2017
    Kuma wrote: »
    Looks fun. What kind of capacity are you looking at?

Capacity is around 600 attendees.

I've learned through being a DJ that gamers enjoy video game music and/or the nightclub vibe, but some may not have an interest to dance and still want to hang in that environment. One of my biggest efforts of this party is to ensure an experience for attendees that want to dance and party, or want to enjoy the music but would rather play games or socialize. Because the venue is 5 floors of different entertainment I believe I'm able to accomplish that.

JamesLandino on
  • theadman2315theadman2315 PhillyRegistered User regular
    Did anyone get tickets to the Elite Dangerous party, and no longer want them? I didn't see the sign up until too late and really would like to check it out.

I want to go to the elite dangerous party lol

Chickens can fly
    I've seen it
    I'm hoping Harmonix, if at all, is on Saturday.

• DeathJest3rDeathJest3r Registered User regular

You're gonna have to provide some info on this, because I have not seen an Elite party announced anywhere. Unless you meant the Star Citizen meetup?

• ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    edited February 2017

You're gonna have to provide some info on this, because I have not seen an Elite party announced anywhere. Unless you meant the Star Citizen meetup?

The Elite Dangerous party was announced to their steam community group. I saw it a too late to sign up.

ClannMorgan on
  • abdoooooabdooooo Registered User regular
    I'm not sure if anyone has any intel on a possible Harmonix party this year but I did tweet at them asking. I received a response of "We might!" so I remain hopeful!

• nomisronomisro Brooklyn, NY, USARegistered User regular
    abdooooo wrote: »
    I'm not sure if anyone has any intel on a possible Harmonix party this year but I did tweet at them asking. I received a response of "We might!" so I remain hopeful!

Besides the music and drinks at the Harmonix party; is there anything else to do?

• DragantDragant BostonRegistered User regular
    Wow. Just got an email for the Acer party and the tickets were sold out already. Had no idea about it. Shit.

As for the Acer party I don't know if its confirmed it will be the whole nightclub or just a section like last year.

I feel sorry that you didn't get a ticket but it is good that they aren't over booking

f7v9h.jpg
    nomisro wrote: »
    abdooooo wrote: »

Besides the music and drinks at the Harmonix party; is there anything else to do?

Last year they had Harmonix VR I think it was called - different than Rock Band VR. They also had a traditional rock band set up people as well could wait in line and play.

Harmonix tickets are live on eventbrite!!!!

f7v9h.jpg
  • QuantumShaddowQuantumShaddow Registered User regular
    Harmonix just posted the Party info on Twitter - GO GO GO!

3DS FC: 4441-8382-3645
    Switch: SW-7634-0399-6788

QGqFhNv.png
    Why are all of the parties friday? Was looking forward to harmonix being on its usual saturday

DXLJjjr.png
    craiola wrote: »
    Why are all of the parties friday? Was looking forward to harmonix being on its usual saturday

As someone who went through this process recently of locking down a venue, Saturday is often the hardest day of the week to secure a venue date because there are many outside promoters who want to throw events that night.

edited February 2017
    Yup. Especially while the colleges are in session

Kuma on
    f7v9h.jpg
    Dragant wrote: »
    Wow. Just got an email for the Acer party and the tickets were sold out already. Had no idea about it. Shit.

https://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/1427635
    this still lets me get 1 ticket max for the party so idk maybe they released more tickets

Dragant wrote: »

Looks like u can get multiple if need be just has to be seperate orders. is it a dif link on the email this this page?

As for the Acer party I don't know if its confirmed it will be the whole nightclub or just a section like last year.

offically confirmed no but i have a connection at the club who says that he is pretty sure the whole club has been rented out that night

• InfiniteNuLLInfiniteNuLL Registered User regular
    I personally got the email and went to the site and it let me order an RSVP like 15 minutes ago.

FF14 - Failia Zebonaiza, Behemoth Server, FC: 404 Guild Not Found
    PAX East Attendee - 2015, 2016
  • sfford2008sfford2008 Registered User regular
    Just got a ticket as well. Seems like it may have been an issue earlier. I received the email mentioned and had the same problem

fffffff missed the harmonix tickets because I was at work. WELL, time to pay someone too much money so I can get in lol.

6pq9je4.png
    fffffff missed the harmonix tickets because I was at work. WELL, time to pay someone too much money so I can get in lol.

There will probably be a second round of tickets if past years are any indication. Keep in touch too, I MAY have a second if my buddy backs out which with his current relationship status may be a possibility

f7v9h.jpg
    Kuma wrote: »

There will probably be a second round of tickets if past years are any indication. Keep in touch too, I MAY have a second if my buddy backs out which with his current relationship status may be a possibility

Thanks, I'll pm you.

6pq9je4.png