As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cat [chat]

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2017
    in his defense vh asked me for permission to make fun of my eye

he's on the list of tiny humans i love enough to allow this hurtfulness to stand

mostly i just hate it in real life when girls are around because it is emasculating, like making fun of my moobs or something

online it is... marginally more bearable

Organichu on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Also you are doomed by your refusal to play co-op games, because I am currently obsessed with a board game I just got and I'm basically playing it constantly with Cinders and Winky and Winky's friend Mike.
    Which one? The Arkham LCG?

Nope, Gloomhaven. It's an absolute blast.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    porp wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    I've mostly gotten my college friends to stop saying faggot and n***** as shock jokes, but that's about it. My basic tools are things like not laughing and popularizing alternatives. I have not been a great social justice firebrand.

you also just go whoaaaa and play up the shocked indignation, i've seen it

That's reserved for very minor violations and misspeaking from you and will.

all of my "minor violations" are when i am QUOTING

context dankey, context

you can't poorly rap the entirety of dmx's "where the hood at" then say "I'm just quoting!"

you can at will's condo

there are no rules

This cannot possibly be true.

Maybe there are no rules regarding slurs and/or epithets, but there's no way Will's place has no rules at all.

the first rule of will's condo is there are no rules at will's condo

the second rule is that all steaks shall be made sous vide

the third is no shoes on the carpet pls

Don't act like I wouldn't kicked out if I tried to use one of his expensive brands of alcohol to make a fruity mixed drink where you can't even taste the alcohol.

Speaking of fruity drinks. When are you coming over to make that one I love? And to see porpy. visiblehowl

omg that's not a fruity drink, porp, it's a carefully balanced high-class cocktail

don't embarrass me in front of my friends

we met porp's sister and her boyfriend last night for dinner before Hamilton

it was our first time meeting the boyfriend and he really went all out

took us to his favorite diner, ordered his favorite apps and the main course was something not even on the menu that they've made specially for him before

the place is BYOB so they brought a thing of nice bourbon and a bottle of red wine

i think he assumed the guys would drink the bourbon and the girls the wine but porp just drank all the bourbon herself

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    see if I ever white knight you again milady

• Options
    Also you are doomed by your refusal to play co-op games, because I am currently obsessed with a board game I just got and I'm basically playing it constantly with Cinders and Winky and Winky's friend Mike.

the legacy one?

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Call yourselves chatters and don't even remember that msog was already presented, discussed, and explained ages ago.

I don't remember by whom, tho.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Well my coworkers did lie to the cops when a copier tech punched a nazi at a company event, and cops don't seem to take the word of nazis as to who started it

when you have SS lightning bolt tattoos you must really think the world is against you

Having nazi tattoos is like a walking "I started some shit" sign

A person who has a Nazi tattoo in a highly visible, difficult to conceal area, like their fucking neck

That is a dangerous person

That is a person who has renounced connection to the normal world of normal people. They're essentially outlawing themselves. They can't get a normal job anymore, they can only get a job working for other Nazis and their friends will only be other Nazis. They have cut themselves off. It's a bold, dangerous statement and any good thinking person is right to be alarmed by them displaying such markings with pride.

• Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    Is anyone else mega excited for Mass Effect 4? Cause I'm psyched.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Which one? The Arkham LCG?

Nope, Gloomhaven. It's an absolute blast.
    Yeah, I'm kicking myself for not going in on that kickstarter. It looks pretty cool.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Q: 2-state solution between Israelis & Palestinians?
    Trump: “So I’m looking 2-state and 1-state, and I like the one that both parties like”

• Options

i do appreciate it tho! i kind of dug myself a deep hole in my early-mid twenties by being irreverent about everything and now i feel like a stern dickhead trying to walk it back and say 'actually some of those hurt, i shouldn't have set this precedent but pls..'

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    I've mostly gotten my college friends to stop saying faggot and n***** as shock jokes, but that's about it. My basic tools are things like not laughing and popularizing alternatives. I have not been a great social justice firebrand.

context dankey, context

you can't poorly rap the entirety of dmx's "where the hood at" then say "I'm just quoting!"

you can at will's condo

there are no rules

Maybe there are no rules regarding slurs and/or epithets, but there's no way Will's place has no rules at all.

Don't act like I wouldn't kicked out if I tried to use one of his expensive brands of alcohol to make a fruity mixed drink where you can't even taste the alcohol.

Speaking of fruity drinks. When are you coming over to make that one I love? And to see porpy. visiblehowl

omg that's not a fruity drink, porp, it's a carefully balanced high-class cocktail

took us to his favorite diner, ordered his favorite apps and the main course was something not even on the menu that they've made specially for him before

the place is BYOB so they brought a thing of nice bourbon and a bottle of red wine

i think he assumed the guys would drink the bourbon and the girls the wine but porp just drank all the bourbon herself

lol classic

That dude knows what's up, though. Pulling out all the stops the first time you meet your SO's family is a pro tier move.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Daxon wrote: »

I am!

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    The Ender wrote: »
    @Jacobkosh
    Seven playable races: elf, dwarf, half-dwarf, human, elfling, faun, and feral elfling.
    Eight classes: fighter, barbarian, archeon, luminar, wylder, bard, ranger, and rogue.
    Simplified skill system: only eight skills cover all the things an adventurer may need in order to overcome adventure obstacles. We replace Feats with a flexible point-based Talent system.
    Heroic action: a simple mechanism to resolve most non-combat conflicts. Each party rolls a D20, adds the appropriate bonus, and the highest roller wins!
    A simple mana-based magic system. Spells are organized by mana cost with no level or class restrictions.
    Why another system?

When we first started publishing books, we used the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game system, and it was great. As time went on, we realized that we needed a smaller, more streamlined system to go with a low-magic world. We also did not want to keep chasing whichever system was winning the edition wars at the moment.

So SagaBorn was created.

The second wave of Fantasy Heartbreakers.

Hey, they made their Kickstarter goal.

It ain't a heartbreaker if they make a good run of it.

Yeah but their Kickstarter goal was tiny. And I see some major red flags when it comes to cost. $25 hardcovers being one of them. If they use Drive Thru RPGs POD fulfillment, that is a physical cost of $14. At that point, considering how much art goes into an RPG, they need to basically be getting the art, editing and writing as personal time they are writing off as free.

Then you have lots of physical addons which is another big red flag. They have done a few other kickstarters but those were supplements for d20 stuff.

Oh yikes, yeah, I didn't see that part.

That's gonna hurt real bad when they price it out. :|

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Daxon wrote: »

I'm super excited and also. WHAT THE FUCK DAXON?! WHERE YOU BEEN!?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular

context dankey, context

you can at will's condo

there are no rules

and then you only had good wine to drink??

that must have been trying for you

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    Trump: doesn't actually care, just wants to watch TV.

At least, that's my impression.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options

context dankey, context

you can at will's condo

there are no rules

lol classic

That dude knows what's up, though. Pulling out all the stops the first time you meet your SO's family is a pro tier move.

he went for a hug on porp and a handshake on me during the initial greeting

i said fuck that we're hugging meanwhile porp gave him a look and was like, "we're hugging?"

• Options
    kedinik wrote: »

context dankey, context

you can at will's condo

there are no rules

and then you only had good wine to drink??

that must have been trying for you

pls recognize my struggle

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »

i do appreciate it tho! i kind of dug myself a deep hole in my early-mid twenties by being irreverent about everything and now i feel like a stern dickhead trying to walk it back and say 'actually some of those hurt, i shouldn't have set this precedent but pls..'

it seems pretty straightforward to say to your friends, hey I prefer you not say X I find it hurtful

for example, there were some jokes made about one of my kids at one point

I don't really remember what was said even, but it made me ballistically angry

but after I expressed that I am pretty sure whoever apologized and it has not happened again so that's nice

• Options
    shark you seem to have a genuine, deep love for your spouse and it unnerves me

this isn't the america i was taught

• Options

it seems pretty straightforward to say to your friends, hey I prefer you not say X I find it hurtful

but after I expressed that I am pretty sure whoever apologized and it has not happened again so that's nice

hoisted by my own effete uber-tolerance of all conduct

• Options

the legacy one?

Yep. It's like a semi-legacy.

The easiest way to describe it is that it's like a long D&D campaign without needing a DM, but frankly I think that undersells it. In addition to being just a really fun game, the components are really nice and also cleverly designed.

So far I don't really have anything bad to say about it.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    @Jacobkosh
    Seven playable races: elf, dwarf, half-dwarf, human, elfling, faun, and feral elfling.
    Eight classes: fighter, barbarian, archeon, luminar, wylder, bard, ranger, and rogue.
    Simplified skill system: only eight skills cover all the things an adventurer may need in order to overcome adventure obstacles. We replace Feats with a flexible point-based Talent system.
    Heroic action: a simple mechanism to resolve most non-combat conflicts. Each party rolls a D20, adds the appropriate bonus, and the highest roller wins!
    A simple mana-based magic system. Spells are organized by mana cost with no level or class restrictions.
    Why another system?

When we first started publishing books, we used the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game system, and it was great. As time went on, we realized that we needed a smaller, more streamlined system to go with a low-magic world. We also did not want to keep chasing whichever system was winning the edition wars at the moment.

So SagaBorn was created.

The second wave of Fantasy Heartbreakers.

Hey, they made their Kickstarter goal.

It ain't a heartbreaker if they make a good run of it.

Yeah but their Kickstarter goal was tiny. And I see some major red flags when it comes to cost. $25 hardcovers being one of them. If they use Drive Thru RPGs POD fulfillment, that is a physical cost of $14. At that point, considering how much art goes into an RPG, they need to basically be getting the art, editing and writing as personal time they are writing off as free.

Then you have lots of physical addons which is another big red flag. They have done a few other kickstarters but those were supplements for d20 stuff.

Oh yikes, yeah, I didn't see that part.

That's gonna hurt real bad when they price it out. :|

Thus qualifying it for Fantasy Heartbreaker status.

• Options

should i make more jokes about the ol ball and chain and talk about how i don't have sex anymore because the love faded years ago

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

should i make more jokes about the ol ball and chain and talk about how i don't have sex anymore because the love faded years ago

No that would just be lying to make the rest of us feel better. Don't pity us shark.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular

context dankey, context

you can at will's condo

there are no rules

lol classic

i said fuck that we're hugging meanwhile porp gave him a look and was like, "we're hugging?"

yessss reject the gender norms shark and porp

reject them

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Oh wait apparently that was in SE++

*sweats, glances towards dim exit sign as a hush slowly spreads*

• Options

the legacy one?

Yep. It's like a semi-legacy.

The easiest way to describe it is that it's like a long D&D campaign without needing a DM, but frankly I think that undersells it. In addition to being just a really fun game, the components are really nice and also cleverly designed.

So far I don't really have anything bad to say about it.

oh cool have fun

*kicks rocks*

• Options
    ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    @ludious did you know about this?

Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! Coming to Disney California Adventure Park Summer 2017

Step into Blockbuster Super Hero Stories at Disney California Adventure Park! Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! Opens May 27 with Summer of Heroes and All-New Epic Experiences
    https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/02/step-into-blockbuster-super-hero-stories-at-disney-california-adventure-park-guardians-of-the-galaxy-mission-breakout-opens-may-27-with-summer-of-heroes-and-all-new-epic-experiences/?CMP=SOC-TWITTER20170215182000

I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.
  • Options
    The hug vs handshake conundrum is a tough one sometimes, because I honestly don't care which one happens, but it's hard to tell in that first few seconds you meet someone which they'd prefer.

I generally find handshakes to be a safer bet, even (especially?) with ladies.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    porpporp Registered User regular

context dankey, context

you can at will's condo

there are no rules

lol classic

He came in for a hug. As he's coming in I stutter and say," oh god. We are hugging....oh. Yep. It's happening. Oh geez."

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    uhm my boss is like the CFO might want to talk to you sometime between 12-2

but like

uhm

just keeps telling me to stay put

my hungies so hungies

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    ChelleYeah wrote: »

Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! Coming to Disney California Adventure Park Summer 2017

Step into Blockbuster Super Hero Stories at Disney California Adventure Park! Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! Opens May 27 with Summer of Heroes and All-New Epic Experiences
    https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/02/step-into-blockbuster-super-hero-stories-at-disney-california-adventure-park-guardians-of-the-galaxy-mission-breakout-opens-may-27-with-summer-of-heroes-and-all-new-epic-experiences/?CMP=SOC-TWITTER20170215182000

of course I do, I told you about it. It replaced the tower of terror

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

Is there a context in polite society where making zingers about someone's kids is kosher

I am inclined toward "no"

I want to send all of America to finishing school

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    ChelleYeah wrote: »

is that the thing they're replacing Tower of Tower with?

• Options
    NOBODY CARES ABOUT WHAT I LIKE

• Options
    edited February 2017
    The hug vs handshake conundrum is a tough one sometimes, because I honestly don't care which one happens, but it's hard to tell in that first few seconds you meet someone which they'd prefer.

I generally find handshakes to be a safer bet, even (especially?) with ladies.

yeah i am actually more likely to go for a hug or like, the handshake pull in to a side hug move first time meeting a guy than a girl

Sir Landshark on
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Well my coworkers did lie to the cops when a copier tech punched a nazi at a company event, and cops don't seem to take the word of nazis as to who started it

when you have SS lightning bolt tattoos you must really think the world is against you

Having nazi tattoos is like a walking "I started some shit" sign

A person who has a Nazi tattoo in a highly visible, difficult to conceal area, like their fucking neck

That is a dangerous person

That is a person who has renounced connection to the normal world of normal people. They're essentially outlawing themselves. They can't get a normal job anymore, they can only get a job working for other Nazis and their friends will only be other Nazis. They have cut themselves off. It's a bold, dangerous statement and any good thinking person is right to be alarmed by them displaying such markings with pride.

I was amazed at how my initial intuitions about how Neo-Nazi gatherings must be normalizing outlets for such persons were just dead wrong.

Every single private rally I read about... multiple stab wound victims, pistols being waved around, speakers literally being yanked off of stages or podiums by their feet from the crowd below.

Like, that's how they treat their own.

x.x

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    i can't wait to hug porp and really feel the spines sink into my soft flesh

This discussion has been closed.