As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cat [chat]

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Also you are doomed by your refusal to play co-op games, because I am currently obsessed with a board game I just got and I'm basically playing it constantly with Cinders and Winky and Winky's friend Mike.

the legacy one?

Yep. It's like a semi-legacy.

The easiest way to describe it is that it's like a long D&D campaign without needing a DM, but frankly I think that undersells it. In addition to being just a really fun game, the components are really nice and also cleverly designed.

So far I don't really have anything bad to say about it.

oh cool have fun

*kicks rocks*

It's not my fault you married someone who is incapable of working together with people.

She probably wouldn't even help during the scenario, just run around and pick up all the coins monsters drop after other people killed them.

She'd have all the best equipment and just never use it.

vRyue2p.png
  • ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    The hug vs handshake conundrum is a tough one sometimes, because I honestly don't care which one happens, but it's hard to tell in that first few seconds you meet someone which they'd prefer.

I generally find handshakes to be a safer bet, even (especially?) with ladies.

I assume handshakes in mixed company

The huggers will generally do wtf they feel anyway

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    I'm pricing out a computer build for a friend

got dang what's the deal with these M.2 SSDs all only being like 500 MB/s

why even use M.2 and NVME if you're not gotta rock those GB+/s speeds

oh here they are down at the botom of PCpartpicker for like twice the price efyouuu

@Aioua
    there's two protocols

the SATA one

and the PCIE one

the cheap ones are SATA based, and offer nothing over the SATA cable, really

and sometimes the board doesn't even support one or the other, so be careful

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    ChelleYeah wrote: »
    @ludious did you know about this?

Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! Coming to Disney California Adventure Park Summer 2017

Step into Blockbuster Super Hero Stories at Disney California Adventure Park! Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! Opens May 27 with Summer of Heroes and All-New Epic Experiences
    https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/02/step-into-blockbuster-super-hero-stories-at-disney-california-adventure-park-guardians-of-the-galaxy-mission-breakout-opens-may-27-with-summer-of-heroes-and-all-new-epic-experiences/?CMP=SOC-TWITTER20170215182000

of course I do, I told you about it. It replaced the tower of terror

oh. i forgot.

I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.
  • DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Daxon wrote: »
    Is anyone else mega excited for Mass Effect 4? Cause I'm psyched.

I'm super excited and also. WHAT THE FUCK DAXON?! WHERE YOU BEEN!?

Heyyy gurl hey

I'm psyched we're all psyched!

Oh you know, just living life. Got a boyf, got a job, play rugby with gays, keeps me busy ya know.

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    @elki we bought vermintide

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    It's actually awkward for some of my married friends when I talk about my wife, so I tend to avoid doing it

Because we are very happy with each other and enormously supportive and genuinely enjoy spending time with each other, but also respect each others' need to have our own hobbies and friends

So when like my wife will text me to ask a question or something when I'm out with the lads and they'll be like "oh the ball and chain clanking at you" and I'm like no she had a question about the cats?

And I guess I'm just not participating in some kind of shared social ritual of ragging about our wives but I don't want to?

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    The hug vs handshake conundrum is a tough one sometimes, because I honestly don't care which one happens, but it's hard to tell in that first few seconds you meet someone which they'd prefer.

yeah I am fine with hugs from newly met friends, and even some coworkers

but I will typically go for the handshake first because I don't want to assume someone else wants the H unless they've indicated that they do

with dudes this often turns into the hands clasped at chest while hugging with other hand, slapping the back thing

I have never had a lady do that though, prolly because tits, so that's usually where you'll get the awkward reshuffling

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    The Ender wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Well my coworkers did lie to the cops when a copier tech punched a nazi at a company event, and cops don't seem to take the word of nazis as to who started it

when you have SS lightning bolt tattoos you must really think the world is against you

Having nazi tattoos is like a walking "I started some shit" sign

A person who has a Nazi tattoo in a highly visible, difficult to conceal area, like their fucking neck

That is a dangerous person

That is a person who has renounced connection to the normal world of normal people. They're essentially outlawing themselves. They can't get a normal job anymore, they can only get a job working for other Nazis and their friends will only be other Nazis. They have cut themselves off. It's a bold, dangerous statement and any good thinking person is right to be alarmed by them displaying such markings with pride.

I was amazed at how my initial intuitions about how Neo-Nazi gatherings must be normalizing outlets for such persons were just dead wrong.

Every single private rally I read about... multiple stab wound victims, pistols being waved around, speakers literally being yanked off of stages or podiums by their feet from the crowd below.

Like, that's how they treat their own.

x.x

cousins and siblings fight

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    porp wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    I've mostly gotten my college friends to stop saying faggot and n***** as shock jokes, but that's about it. My basic tools are things like not laughing and popularizing alternatives. I have not been a great social justice firebrand.

you also just go whoaaaa and play up the shocked indignation, i've seen it

That's reserved for very minor violations and misspeaking from you and will.

all of my "minor violations" are when i am QUOTING

context dankey, context

you can't poorly rap the entirety of dmx's "where the hood at" then say "I'm just quoting!"

you can at will's condo

there are no rules

This cannot possibly be true.

Maybe there are no rules regarding slurs and/or epithets, but there's no way Will's place has no rules at all.

the first rule of will's condo is there are no rules at will's condo

the second rule is that all steaks shall be made sous vide

the third is no shoes on the carpet pls

Don't act like I wouldn't kicked out if I tried to use one of his expensive brands of alcohol to make a fruity mixed drink where you can't even taste the alcohol.

Speaking of fruity drinks. When are you coming over to make that one I love? And to see porpy. visiblehowl

omg that's not a fruity drink, porp, it's a carefully balanced high-class cocktail

don't embarrass me in front of my friends

we met porp's sister and her boyfriend last night for dinner before Hamilton

it was our first time meeting the boyfriend and he really went all out

took us to his favorite diner, ordered his favorite apps and the main course was something not even on the menu that they've made specially for him before

the place is BYOB so they brought a thing of nice bourbon and a bottle of red wine

i think he assumed the guys would drink the bourbon and the girls the wine but porp just drank all the bourbon herself

lol classic

That dude knows what's up, though. Pulling out all the stops the first time you meet your SO's family is a pro tier move.

he went for a hug on porp and a handshake on me during the initial greeting

i said fuck that we're hugging meanwhile porp gave him a look and was like, "we're hugging?"

yessss reject the gender norms shark and porp

reject them

reject norms and dish out hugs

When I was about to meet Shivahn I agonized a little bit: "Is this a hug situation or a handshake situation??"

Shiv saw me, smiled, accelerated to a hug-trajectory; excellent 5/7 friendship

So now that's basically just what I do

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Also you are doomed by your refusal to play co-op games, because I am currently obsessed with a board game I just got and I'm basically playing it constantly with Cinders and Winky and Winky's friend Mike.

the legacy one?

Yep. It's like a semi-legacy.

The easiest way to describe it is that it's like a long D&D campaign without needing a DM, but frankly I think that undersells it. In addition to being just a really fun game, the components are really nice and also cleverly designed.

So far I don't really have anything bad to say about it.

oh cool have fun

*kicks rocks*

It's not my fault you married someone who is incapable of working together with people.

She probably wouldn't even help during the scenario, just run around and pick up all the coins monsters drop after other people killed them.

She'd have all the best equipment and just never use it.

yes this is exactly what she would do, if it were an option

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

yeah i am actually more likely to go for a hug or like, the handshake pull in to a side hug move first time meeting a guy than a girl

I rarely hug. Even family members. Then again I've admitted I probably have undiagnosed social anxiety issues.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i hate hugging women

it's not because i'm uncomfortable feeling their boobs, it's that i'm uncomfortable with them feeling mine. i loathe my body and it makes me feel feminine and unattractive so hugging a hot girl makes me feel like a sexless blob

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    in his defense vh asked me for permission to make fun of my eye

he's on the list of tiny humans i love enough to allow this hurtfulness to stand

mostly i just hate it in real life when girls are around because it is emasculating, like making fun of my moobs or something

online it is... marginally more bearable

speaking of things people are sensitive about...

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    desc wrote: »
    Is there a context in polite society where making zingers about someone's kids is kosher

I am inclined toward "no"

I want to send all of America to finishing school

some playful ribbing (so and so looks like a grandma in that kerchief!) seems totes acceptable to me but idk

Heyyy gurl hey

Oh you know, just living life. Got a boyf, got a job, play rugby with gays, keeps me busy ya know.

Well I'm glad you came down from your ivory tower to chat with the groundlings.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    Zampanov wrote: »

Yeah I accommodate huggers, who generally feel strongly about the subject and will just go for it

If someone doesn't go for it, I assume they're not a hugger.

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular

yeah i am actually more likely to go for a hug or like, the handshake pull in to a side hug move first time meeting a guy than a girl

I rarely hug. Even family members. Then again I've admitted I probably have undiagnosed social anxiety issues.
    I don't get enough hugs, really. Luckily, my roommate is a hugger.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I knew a guy in college that would have fun sometimes by calling those numbers and asking for all sorts of lewd things using the code and once they got agreement he'd drop some sort of "And it's not a problem that I'm 14, right?" kind of thing and see how long he could get them to keep going.

It's actually awkward for some of my married friends when I talk about my wife, so I tend to avoid doing it

Because we are very happy with each other and enormously supportive and genuinely enjoy spending time with each other, but also respect each others' need to have our own hobbies and friends

So when like my wife will text me to ask a question or something when I'm out with the lads and they'll be like "oh the ball and chain clanking at you" and I'm like no she had a question about the cats?

And I guess I'm just not participating in some kind of shared social ritual of ragging about our wives but I don't want to?

They're probably just jealous.

My friends think I'm disgusting because I'm filthily in love.

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    The Ender wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Well my coworkers did lie to the cops when a copier tech punched a nazi at a company event, and cops don't seem to take the word of nazis as to who started it

when you have SS lightning bolt tattoos you must really think the world is against you

Having nazi tattoos is like a walking "I started some shit" sign

A person who has a Nazi tattoo in a highly visible, difficult to conceal area, like their fucking neck

That is a dangerous person

That is a person who has renounced connection to the normal world of normal people. They're essentially outlawing themselves. They can't get a normal job anymore, they can only get a job working for other Nazis and their friends will only be other Nazis. They have cut themselves off. It's a bold, dangerous statement and any good thinking person is right to be alarmed by them displaying such markings with pride.

I was amazed at how my initial intuitions about how Neo-Nazi gatherings must be normalizing outlets for such persons were just dead wrong.

Every single private rally I read about... multiple stab wound victims, pistols being waved around, speakers literally being yanked off of stages or podiums by their feet from the crowd below.

Like, that's how they treat their own.

x.x

There are reasons you have 20+ groups all claiming to be the true KKK. And the neo-nazis aren't better about this. Their ability to hate each other is just as strong.

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    The older I get, the grouchier I get about manners

• ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    a plane taking off from Charlotte and was going to head to Gulfport, MS

but it HIT A DEER during take-off

@Ludious

I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.

About people not having manners or about certain social expectations being dumb

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I love when I go to lunch and ask them to warm up the slices of pizza they toss it in the oven for about 15 seconds

that's not how warming up works you chodes

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

desc writing angry letters to the editor

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Pinecone and I are disgustingly gross, but like, pretty much all my IRL friends are either also part of disgustingly gross couples or single p much by choice/happy with an extended community of sexfriends due to different priorities so nobody minds thankfully

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
    I am on day 3 of working from home

so far I have written 0 lines of code and have spent my time 'dev testing'

*hits f5*

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Pinecone and I are disgustingly gross, but like, pretty much all my IRL friends are either also part of disgustingly gross couples or single p much by choice/happy with an extended community of sexfriends due to different priorities so nobody minds thankfully

Is there a tutorial

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

oh my god I hate this

thankfully IME it's mostly limited to older generations

seems like people under around 35 realized they shouldn't get married to people they hate

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    oh the nazi's wife got fired

I guess bringing a nazi as a +1 to an event is a bad idea
    What nazi

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    @elki we bought vermintide

@OnTheLastCastle Shark, too?

smCQ5WE.jpg

*hits f5*

hmm I reckon you'll need another pot of coffee, maybe 2, before you can get all this dev testing done

Heyyy gurl hey

Don't worry, I'm still better than y'all *hair flick*

kedinik wrote: »

*hits f5*

hmm I reckon you'll need another pot of coffee, maybe 2, before you can get all this dev testing done

on the daily standup call like

*voice wavers* n-no issues to report

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    Hugs expose your vital organs to attack. Never hug someone you have not completely vetted and implicitly trust with your life.

Heyyy gurl hey

Don't worry, I'm still better than y'all *hair flick*

Classic Daxon

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »

About people not having manners or about certain social expectations being dumb

About people not knowing how to act

As David Mitchell said, there good good manners, bad good manners, good bad manners, and bad bad manners

• PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    PantsB wrote: »
    Since I snuck in last year and said I wouldn't this year:

To whom it may concern of the fabled NY PAers (Variable Hakkekage Deebaser specifically I think mm hmmm'd me last year), the foolish woman who I tricked into marrying me and I are going to be in NYC the night of the 23rd - 26th (Thur - Sun). We're seeing Hamilton Friday night (#humblebrag) but other than that we don't have hard and fast plans.

I DON'T EVEN WANT TO SEE YOUR FACE

(what time are you seeing Hamilton)

Its the price you pay for seeing the rest of me!

8p Friday, I'm going to work from the hotel (Broadway between 54th and 55th st) until like lunch on Friday.

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Zampanov wrote: »

I am a handshake person. Mostly because hugging can sometimes send my hypervigilance into overdrive. Which I find exhausting. But I know the huggers generally mean well so I tolerate it.

This discussion has been closed.