As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cat [chat]

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Daxon wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Is anyone else mega excited for Mass Effect 4? Cause I'm psyched.

I'm super excited and also. WHAT THE FUCK DAXON?! WHERE YOU BEEN!?

Heyyy gurl hey

I'm psyched we're all psyched!

Oh you know, just living life. Got a boyf, got a job, play rugby with gays, keeps me busy ya know.

hmm, "boyf"

that's a good goddamn word

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    Hugs expose your vital organs to attack. Never hug someone you have not completely vetted and implicitly trust with your life.

Thanks Houn, I'm glad you can add a real world reason for me just not wanting to get into awkward hugs.

"Sorry I don't trust you to not be a capulet whore trying to kill me."

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    PantsB wrote: »
    Since I snuck in last year and said I wouldn't this year:

To whom it may concern of the fabled NY PAers (Variable @Hakkekage Deebaser specifically I think mm hmmm'd me last year), the foolish woman who I tricked into marrying me and I are going to be in NYC the night of the 23rd - 26th (Thur - Sun). We're seeing Hamilton Friday night (#humblebrag) but other than that we don't have hard and fast plans.

I DON'T EVEN WANT TO SEE YOUR FACE

(what time are you seeing Hamilton)

Its the price you pay for seeing the rest of me!

8p Friday, I'm going to work from the hotel (Broadway between 54th and 55th st) until like lunch on Friday.

Restoring batsignal since I realized I didn't respond for like 3 hours

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    I am only recently beginning to realize how many of the "manners" I learned growing up in a middle-class household are actually just class signifiers and not actually an indication of whether someone is rude.

Table manners especially, but also others. I am trying to pick through which things are actually rude and which things are just different as I come across them, but I'm still afraid of being too judgmental about certain things.

vRyue2p.png
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    The subway meatball sandwich....

The Jersey Shore of Italian Sandwiches.

It's in my stomach now.

Covered in chipotle sauce.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    Hugs expose your vital organs to attack. Never hug someone you have not completely vetted and implicitly trust with your life.

Learned this the hard way after finishing a certain video game.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

It's in my stomach now.

should we expect buttpees at some point?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • DaxonDaxon Registered User regular

Heyyy gurl hey

Oh you know, just living life. Got a boyf, got a job, play rugby with gays, keeps me busy ya know.

Well I'm glad you came down from your ivory tower to chat with the groundlings.

Don't worry, I'm still better than y'all *hair flick*

Classic Daxon

Mwah mwah

Thomamelas wrote: »
    Zampanov wrote: »
    The hug vs handshake conundrum is a tough one sometimes, because I honestly don't care which one happens, but it's hard to tell in that first few seconds you meet someone which they'd prefer.

I generally find handshakes to be a safer bet, even (especially?) with ladies.

I assume handshakes in mixed company

The huggers will generally do wtf they feel anyway

I am a handshake person. Mostly because hugging can sometimes send my hypervigilance into overdrive. Which I find exhausting. But I know the huggers generally mean well so I tolerate it.

Also a handshake can smoothly morph into a hug much easier than vice versa.

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png

Heyyy gurl hey

Classic Daxon

Mwah mwah

HOWS THE SPAGHETTI DAXON

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me

It's in my stomach now.

Wait he who eats meatballs with kraft singles on it dares to shit talk anyones italian anything? And chipotle? God damn it man you are all of my jokes about your eating habits.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Is it weird that I can recognize pretty much any Mitchell and Webb sketch by the thumbnail?

vRyue2p.png
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

It's in my stomach now.

more like blunderbutts

are YOU on the beer list?
    Actually it's probably just a testament to good sketch craftsmanship.

vRyue2p.png

It's in my stomach now.

more like blunderbutts

....fuck, this is a really good portmanteau.

vRyue2p.png
  • kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Bowser and Shawn are taking turns eviscerating an old pillow

Curious

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    C4qFdJKVcAE1JmL.jpg:large

pisspiggrandad continues to amaze

Edith Upwards on
  • Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Organichu wrote: »
    Pinecone and I are disgustingly gross, but like, pretty much all my IRL friends are either also part of disgustingly gross couples or single p much by choice/happy with an extended community of sexfriends due to different priorities so nobody minds thankfully

Is there a tutorial

idk like, people at Hampshire kind of eat sleep and breathe whatever they're doing at school and many of them seem to get like 99% of their emotional fulfillment from educating people about lead contamination in community gardens and urban soil or whatever

everyone I know who's in a couple either met on OKC or at a con

Blameless Cleric on
    Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Heh a network guy got over the moon for finding webadmin. Nice guy and all but I guess my reaction wasnt as excited as he was expecting.

Heyyy gurl hey

Classic Daxon

Mwah mwah

HOWS THE SPAGHETTI DAXON

I made a bolognaise sauce this week!

kedinik wrote: »

Curious

Don't kink shame.

pleasepaypreacher.net

Curious

That pillow is a dirty rat, they both want to get their licks in.

vRyue2p.png
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Subway meatball sub with that southwest sauce added is so good

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    The Ender wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Well my coworkers did lie to the cops when a copier tech punched a nazi at a company event, and cops don't seem to take the word of nazis as to who started it

when you have SS lightning bolt tattoos you must really think the world is against you

Having nazi tattoos is like a walking "I started some shit" sign

A person who has a Nazi tattoo in a highly visible, difficult to conceal area, like their fucking neck

That is a dangerous person

That is a person who has renounced connection to the normal world of normal people. They're essentially outlawing themselves. They can't get a normal job anymore, they can only get a job working for other Nazis and their friends will only be other Nazis. They have cut themselves off. It's a bold, dangerous statement and any good thinking person is right to be alarmed by them displaying such markings with pride.

I was amazed at how my initial intuitions about how Neo-Nazi gatherings must be normalizing outlets for such persons were just dead wrong.

Every single private rally I read about... multiple stab wound victims, pistols being waved around, speakers literally being yanked off of stages or podiums by their feet from the crowd below.

Like, that's how they treat their own.

x.x

Okay so hot take time:

Whiteness isn't a real thing

Like, obviously all definitions of ethnicity and race are kinda arbitrary measures of melanin and facial structure and ancestry and shit but "white" is super ultra arbitrary.

It's basically constantly subject to No True White Man, especially among white nationalists who care a great deal about defining who is and is not White.

For example, it's a super contentious subject among those people whether the Irish are considered White, even though the Irish are the palest motherfuckers on the planet, because "Whiteness" is actually this super complicated ethno-class thing.

So these people of German and Swedish and Dutch and whatever descent will all argue over who is the Most White, and what beliefs and values are the Whitest.

Like, for example among Neo-Nazis it's really contentious whether they should be Christian, Atheist, or Neo-Pagan.

Christian White Nationalists want to believe in some kind of mythical American-European ideal past of White Christian dominence. They are often Evangelicals or other WASPs (at least ostensibly), although a select few are Jew-hating, Muslim-despising Church-schismatic Catholics who shout "DEUS VULT!", like Mel Gibson's dad.

Atheist White Nationalists reject religion entirely, and are usually the fedora-tipping m'ladies and "Rationals" who were originally Gamergaters and other disaffected white nerdy men who got radicalized into hate.

Neo-Pagan Neo-Nazis are the dudes who get Norse rune tattoos on them and self-identify as "Odinists" and wear Mjolnir pendants and are super into metal. They reject Christianity as a "Semitic religion" and embrace Paganism as part of their "Nordic" heritage (they may be like, Welsh).

All of these groups FUCKING HATE EACH OTHER and will stab each other in the fucking neck.

I am on day 3 of working from home

so far I have written 0 lines of code and have spent my time 'dev testing'

*hits f5*

hmm I reckon you'll need another pot of coffee, maybe 2, before you can get all this dev testing done

on the daily standup call like

*voice wavers* n-no issues to report

I do 2 days a week at home and there are 3 variations that cover 90% of the days

1 - I binge watch some random show on Netflix or something
    2 - I deep dive into some nasty issue where I have to read a couple thousand lines of code to correct some issue where the database doesn't update properly if a certain chunk of data has been flushed from memory due to passing through a particular set of screens or some shit and when I come up for air its 10 hours later, but I could only do that because no one was coming by my desk for help
    3 - I do like 2 easy things in the morning and then proceed to 1

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    It's been like

6 years

and spaghetti with ketchup is still etched in my brain

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    @elki we bought vermintide

OnTheLastCastle Shark, too?

yep!

• porpporp Registered User regular
    I am only recently beginning to realize how many of the "manners" I learned growing up in a middle-class household are actually just class signifiers and not actually an indication of whether someone is rude.

Table manners especially, but also others. I am trying to pick through which things are actually rude and which things are just different as I come across them, but I'm still afraid of being too judgmental about certain things.

Let me help you: its RUDE not to hangout with pope just because she doesn't like co-op games.

It's been like

6 years

@Daxon ^

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    It's been like

6 years

ugh what

ugh

It's been like

6 years

I've stopped doing that cause I can afford cooking now.

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    @Jacobkosh

So Evil Hat shipped Dresden Files Accelerated today. That's 11 books, 5 of which are complete RPGs shipped from their Kickstarter. Meanwhile...Far West still isn't out yet.

• Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    a
    It's been like

6 years

Daxon ^

i had heard that [chat] kinda ran with it a bit too long and maybe got a bit mean with it

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • porpporp Registered User regular

yep!

Fiiine. I'll play. Seeing as @visiblehowl has other friends he'd rather hangout with. I'll give it a serious try.

porp wrote: »

Let me help you: its RUDE not to hangout with pope just because she doesn't like co-op games.

yeah if the pope sent me an invite I'd probably show up and im not even catholic or anything

It's not rude to not hang out with rude people, porp.

vRyue2p.png

yep!

Fiiine. I'll play. Seeing as visiblehowl has other friends he'd rather hangout with. I'll give it a serious try.

omfg

ok cancel the amazon order please and then i'll buy it online tonight

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    i'm so happy shark will fix his internet issues

maybe this relationship can be saved *sob*

This discussion has been closed.